Bug Reports and Technical Issues

No, they have to see your territory (or rather, any part of the Americas), not vice versa. If you still have the autosave from the turn before making contact, that would help quite a bit.

Thanks! Depends on which tiles the Europeans can see, but something should have happened - either winning or losing the goal.

Some progress with the crash, it's related to barbarian spawns. Maybe I can get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

The Indians could have sold them their map, might want to use Alt-Z to change into Euros and check their maps.

Some progress with the crash, it's related to barbarian spawns. Maybe I can get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

Not that I have a save for it, but in an Egypt game I was getting a persistent crash around turn 32 (or 34, this was a couple weeks ago) that I fixed by removing Afrosiayb & the various barb units around then replacing it via WB after the troubled turn.

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, I'm playing as babylon in the most recent SVN, and 1) the beakers needed for poly suddenly rise when Greece spawns, and 2) the victory screen says Niwt-Rst is the most cultured city in the world when the top 5 cities shows Babylon on top. Here are the screenshots, I also have saves in case you want them.

Spoiler :

2) the victory screen says Niwt-Rst is the most cultured city in the world when the top 5 cities shows Babylon on top.

Culture isn't the only thing that determines the top cities. It's quite possible niwt-Rst has more culture, but because some other factors of Babylon are better, Babylon will get ranked first.

What are the factors then ? I thought it was only culture that determined the ranking.

What are the factors then ? I thought it was only culture that determined the ranking.

This is the python code:
Code:
iTotalCityValue = ((pCity.getCulture() / 5) + (pCity.getFoodRate() + pCity.getProductionRate() \
					+ pCity.calculateGoldRate())) * pCity.getPopulation()

Value = ( :)culture: / 5) + :food:production + :hammers:production + :gold:production) * population

Also, this code takes everyone's culture into account, why the most cultured city code only considers the culture of the current owner.

The Advanced Scoreboard feature in BUG disables the stability display on the scoreboard:

Spoiler :

Looking at the scoreboard;

this is what it looks like without Advanced Layout:

Going into the BUG options to check Advanced Layout:

Now look at the scoreboard. No stability indicator.

A pretty minor aesthetic thing, but still.
Okay, I had a look at this. The standard settings are indeed that the advanced scoreboard is enabled, not sure why this isn't the case for you. The string on the right of that option controls the appearance/order of symbols in the scoreboard. The stability symbol is represented by a circumflex (^), just insert it wherever you want it.

Okay, I had a look at this. The standard settings are indeed that the advanced scoreboard is enabled, not sure why this isn't the case for you. The string on the right of that option controls the appearance/order of symbols in the scoreboard. The stability symbol is represented by a circumflex (^), just insert it wherever you want it.

OK, thanks. I might have turned it off because I wasn't getting the stability display.

Does it work now? I was talking about the "column order" field, I think that was a bit unclear.

I have the latest SVN and this is the problem: 1) In my Roma game the time for Turkey spawn came, and I made sure that I didn't give them any of my cities and also that they had none (independent) in their spawnarea to flip. I destroyed their army and still they had not managed to claime cities at all. Now the year is 1870 and Turkey has some of their exiled units left in the world who wonder in the wilds without purpose...this can't be right :D. Their score is ~350 and research is something like 250turns :D

2) Regions of Argentina and Brazil stayed empy from cities so neither of them spawned when they should have. If I get his right, when Spain and Portugal are both solid yet they have no cities in those areas, Argentina and Brazil won't spawn...seems something to be corrected by Leoreth?

Argentina and Brazil won't spawn if there aren't any cities there. I think the same applies to Canada, Mexico, and Gran Columbia, but I'm not completely sure.

Is there a symbol for plague?
Argentina and Brazil won't spawn if there aren't any cities there. I think the same applies to Canada, Mexico, and Gran Columbia, but I'm not completely sure.
It shouldn't apply to Colombia and Mexico because the player should be able to switch to them.

Is there a symbol for plague?
I decided not to implement it when I integrated BUG, do you think it's necessary?

Also, this code takes everyone's culture into account, why the most cultured city code only considers the culture of the current owner.

And what about the sudden rise in beakers needed for polytheism ?

Top Bottom