Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Okay, so I did something to address the save you uploaded, but I couldn't verify if that actually dealt with the problem, because the relevant portions of the code have already been executed on the turn the message is displayed, which is why I asked for the previous turn.

(I will address this before/while doing the other thing I've mentioned because Congresses will not be affected, so don't let yourself be discouraged by the recent announcement from submitting saves.)

Also, I don't fix modded games/situations.

I don't think you should have to. But it would be nice if you would point me in a particular direction. The fact that it affects my scenario, irrespective of individual games, should tell you something.

Question on a Chinese game, I built a couple of Pagan temples on my cities before founding Confucianism. I was expecting that in cities where the religion spread (in this case, the holy city and then the city where I spread it via missionary), these Pagan temples would automatically turn into Confucian temples. Thing is, at this moment I had not researched Priesthood (thus, I couldn't build temples). So when Confucianism spread to one of these cities, I lost the Pagan temple and got nothing in return. Later, after I had researched Priesthood, I got the option to build Confucian temples in these two cities (where I lost the Pagan temples).

I realize this isn't a bug per se, but I'm just wondering if this is intended or an unexpected thing?

Edit: I must also add than in a later game (again as the Chinese, avoiding the previous situation), the Pagan temples were deleted all the same when Confucianism spread to their cities, despite me having researched Priesthood before. This doesn't happen every time though (it was ok in another attempt, and it doesn't happen in all of my cities).

Should temples have a tech requirement at all? It seems to cause more problems than it solves in addition to not making much sense why a Hindu temple or whatever requires a higher level of technology than a pagan temple.

I don't think you should have to. But it would be nice if you would point me in a particular direction. The fact that it affects my scenario, irrespective of individual games, should tell you something.
The only thing it tells me is that there is a higher than usual chance that the problem is caused by something you changed :dunno:

Is your thing based on the current revision? If not, updating might be worth a try in case it is one of the bugs I have fixed during the last days.

SVN 864: CTD during Greek autoplay when there are 15 turns left to spawn.
Isn't 864 the revision before I've fixed the minor city spawn bug?

Question on a Chinese game, I built a couple of Pagan temples on my cities before founding Confucianism. I was expecting that in cities where the religion spread (in this case, the holy city and then the city where I spread it via missionary), these Pagan temples would automatically turn into Confucian temples. Thing is, at this moment I had not researched Priesthood (thus, I couldn't build temples). So when Confucianism spread to one of these cities, I lost the Pagan temple and got nothing in return. Later, after I had researched Priesthood, I got the option to build Confucian temples in these two cities (where I lost the Pagan temples).

I realize this isn't a bug per se, but I'm just wondering if this is intended or an unexpected thing?
Not necessarily a bug, but a consequence of how things work currently. I can't give you temples without the required tech, and I can't keep track of which cities once had Pagan Temples until you have discovered Priesthood. Same reason with transferring invested production into Pagan Temples.

I'll try to find a better solution when I deal with religions later this version, and in the long term I'd like to get rid of Pagan Temples altogether.

Regular plague shouldn't spread in native americans before first contact, because it's game over.

Seljuks didn't keep garrison in many their conquered cities. I did capture Shiraz in a Russian game in last SVN, and in this SVN I captured empty Baghdad again as French.

By the way, I razed all cities in Turkish flip zone, and Turks captured Constantinople 2 turns after their spawn, but Byz got it back a few turns later, and this doomed Turks, they never appeared again, and their area remained empty under my reign.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 96
I've had the same experience taking an almost empty jerusalem with the HRE, making the first UHV almost too easy

The only thing it tells me is that there is a higher than usual chance that the problem is caused by something you changed :dunno:

Is your thing based on the current revision? If not, updating might be worth a try in case it is one of the bugs I have fixed during the last days.

It is based on 1.12. :(

so, I am currently trying a game with the Mayans, they have been severly crippled since I last played them it seems.

But why is there an increase in tech cost just before 600AD?

In the save I am 2 turns away from researching Calendar (too bad I can't even use the 600AD-techcost-decrease to my advantage for this UHV) but in the next turn this jumps to 4 turns and thus basically destroys my chances of winning a UHV-victory.

Attachments

• Chepal II Stone Age Turn 176.CivBeyondSwordSave
    542.9 KB · Views: 31
There just is, revisiting tech cost modifiers is on my to do list.

Okay, well that gives me some hope :)

I also noticed that the Barbarians just seem to avoid the Mayan units, they just like to be near me but not attack me, which after using up my free wins leads to this:

I don't have any unit that can take on those barbs on tiles with 50-75% defense and they never leave the jungle or attack me for some reason.

That doesn't really seem intentional.

Also I think you might have missed this edit as I wrote it pretty much the same time you responded to the posting (and now it is on the page before this one)

edit: just switched from Argentina to Colombia and this time I got control over them in 1817 (as opposed to the usual 1820) but again with no civics selected.

hope this save helps

Actually missed that, but will look at it as soon as I can open saves again.

Turkish UHV1 seems to be bugged, showing as 0/4 wonders despite me having Theodosian Walls, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Blue Mosque in Konstantiniyye.

Turkish UHV1 seems to be bugged, showing as 0/4 wonders despite me having Theodosian Walls, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Blue Mosque in Konstantiniyye.
Noted, maybe I can quickly fix this tomorrow. A save would speed up things :)

This should show it, from a couple of turns before the deadline.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1535 Turn 288.CivBeyondSwordSave
    812.6 KB · Views: 43
Thanks.

In relation to this, the lack of capital when flipping cities still exists. As Turkey i delayed attacking Constantinople to tear down the walls. 3rd turn Konya and Trabzon flip. Konya has the capital symbol, but examining the city shows the palace is not present.

Top Bottom