Bumble's Great Adventure Take 3

We used to have a web page with a map and a thread with pictures.

Ooh spiffy!

Was @warpus in charge of that? I fear it's no longer hosted.. And they have left this website too now..

Ooh spiffy!

Was @warpus in charge of that? I fear it's no longer hosted.. And they have left this website too now..

Hmm I can't find a copy of this site anymore, but I'm just waking up so maybe haven't looked hard enough.

The site used google maps and allowed you to enter the chain of people participating, which you could then see as a line on a map, including. a yeti icon that went wherever the yeti was. IIRC there was also a spot for a photo from each spot.. but it was very rudimentary. It's actually very possible that google maps have changed and the existing code might not work perfectly.. but.. let me dig this up and maybe I can send you a version that you could then work on, if you wanted to. Or to get some ideas from or whatever

I am more curious if any of the photos have survived? I see a lot of photobucket links on the old threads that now have ugly watermarks..

Hmm I can't find a copy of this site anymore, but I'm just waking up so maybe haven't looked hard enough.

The site used google maps and allowed you to enter the chain of people participating, which you could then see as a line on a map, including. a yeti icon that went wherever the yeti was. IIRC there was also a spot for a photo from each spot.. but it was very rudimentary. It's actually very possible that google maps have changed and the existing code might not work perfectly.. but.. let me dig this up and maybe I can send you a version that you could then work on, if you wanted to. Or to get some ideas from or whatever
I had a quick look, I was going to volenteer to host but I really cannot commit to spending time on anything at the moment. If I did, I would give this a go. It looks cool, if a little heavy weight for this job.

Any time? You spend hours a day posting here! :lol:
I do, and it could be a bit of an issue. But something I have to commit to is different from something that I use when I need a distraction (which is many hours).

Has anyone found the previous thread? If so please post a link.

Just scroll to the bottom for Similar Threads

if @schlaufuchs can get it moving onwards to one of us, I would suggest we merge and re-open Part 2.. since its not at 1000.. and its technically still that "letter" !!

We could just pick up the old thread, but I really think we need to know who is interested first.

Maybe have a new sign up thread and then merge that into the old thread.

I would suggest you edit your own OP in this thread, we need to check if that list is still valid. Perhaps add a Poll so gather interested parties? People love polls.

Finally on a sadder note, I can't imagine CFC has anywhere near the capacity it used to have. I'd be amazed if we get 10 people to sign up in 2022.

Let's get a list of interested people here (or in a new thread) and then I will then sort out merging the new and old and what not into the new story.

Oh wow, this is the same yeti who I hosted in Ohio in 2014! I thought we were on a future yeti and that one had become lost. Well, I'm glad it is still alive and well, but since it's already been on a decent tour of this part of Ohio, it probably makes more sense to prioritize somewhere else.

Sign-ups anyone? Let's prove Aiken's estimate to be lower than the reality!

Of potential interest, the Internet Archive did get at least one archive of yetiworldtour.com: http://web.archive.org/web/20140228045329/http://yetiworldtour.com/ This matches up with the second thread.

I'm in.

Top Bottom