C2C - Civics Discussion Thread

@CIVPlayer8

Here are more civic icon/buttons. Included are ...

- Magistrates [Rule]
- Martial Law [Rule]
- Grid [Rule]
- Strongman [Power]
- Mercenaries [Military]

Also some of the names of the Civic categories are in ALL CAPS while others are not. Could you either make them all caps or not? Personally I don't think they should be in caps. (Ex. RULE, POWER, SOCIETY vs Government, Economy, Religion)

All I'm saying, and I think so is DH, is for those of us that rarely use Start as Minors don't penalize us thru the Civics for not using it. Don't make assumptions that Preh Era was all about tribes killing each other and then base your Civics off that assumption.

JosEPh

I can see both points, and both are valid. But remember to make a TRIBE you need more people to be IN it. Then you can raid the other encampments for food and hear the lamentation of their women!!

I can see both points, and both are valid. But remember to make a TRIBE you need more people to be IN it. Then you can raid the other encampments for food and hear the lamentation of their women!!

Yeah both sides have a valid argument. I personally always play minor civs but when I convince my wife to play she will refuse if I have it turned on. I actually have to convince her to play C2C over vanilla because she gets feed up on picking buildings and techs so often. She does love a lot of the game features though.

On another note, you bring up a good point about raiding. It would be cool if you could steal food while "raiding" another player.

Yeah both sides have a valid argument. I personally always play minor civs but when I convince my wife to play she will refuse if I have it turned on. I actually have to convince her to play C2C over vanilla because she gets feed up on picking buildings and techs so often..

What game speed do you guys play at? And do you play as a team or separately?

Usually marathon and not on teams. It seems like any faster than marathon is completely unbalanced/not fun.

It is faster paced. But I think that it is reasonably balanced based on some testing. Whether or not it is more fun is up for debate.

I have no problems with Epic and Normal. Plays well and I have not noticed any significant unbalanced parts that are not under current construction.

Fun is all play style.

JosEPh

Usually marathon and not on teams. It seems like any faster than marathon is completely unbalanced/not fun.

I find marathon a little too fast to enjoy myself. And if you guys haven't played as a team yet, I urge you to give it a shot. I'd be willing to bet that your wife would prefer to play as allies rather than as potential enemies :D (mine does)

I find marathon a little too fast to enjoy myself. And if you guys haven't played as a team yet, I urge you to give it a shot. I'd be willing to bet that your wife would prefer to play as allies rather than as potential enemies :D (mine does)

Snail is for me about right in speed. Marathon is just too fast IMO to have fun in each era, and while you do get farther on Marathon, I'm expecting significant performance improvements (V29 will be 25% faster than V28 if things keep up like they are now) in the next few versions will allow much more progress.

And you have the latest updated SVN version? I have v5059 and I still get it.

I guess if its me I will run an SVN cleanup and see if that helps. :crazyeye:

EDIT: Nope. Clean up did not work. What should I do?

OK if clean up didnt work, then do an Export, but if you want to find out Where the problem was for YOU, then do it this way,

In your "extra" copy: Delete each area one by one, 1st try All the XML, then python, then each modules separate also (and sense you think its in the civics area) do Civ8's first and go from there etc etc etc. . . . SO

btw i am on the latest SVN when i took that screenie. . but that was a long game ago, let me start a new one and see, sorry i just thought of this . .:blush: EDIT: Nope didnt matter i just started a Play Now and i went thru some of the Civlo and all is find for the ones i looked at, so its on YOUR end, sorry

@strategyonly

I am completely stumped. I deleted ALL files from the SVN and re-downloaded EVERYTHING! And now I get the same error. Did you say you checked the civpedia not in a game but in the main menu before you start up a game but still have the C2C mod loaded? Because that's where I am checking.

That screenie is actually from the Main Page Civlo, and not ingame.

Is ANYONE else have a problem with there Civics Civlopedia??

@strategyonly

ls612 said it works fine for him too. So its just me. The question is why and what is making them not show up for me? And why did deleting them all a re-downloading not fix the problem?

Do you have another copy in the mod folder by any chance?? Even if you re-named it??

Top Bottom