Cain Suspends Campaign

lol wut? :lol:

I can understand somebody being attracted to him politically (I GUESS) but on what planet did he have a shot?
A lot of Cain fans think that the Democrats are behind pushing him out of the race because they were afraid of Cain in the general.

Obliviousness to real life is nothing new amongst "extreme supporters" of anything.

Actually, a ton of people get married for that reason. They have found their "soulmate" or whatever you want to call it, and they commit.

Doing it for tax breaks is probably a reason pretty low on the totem pole... or, at least, it should be!

People get married all the time for benefits like health insurance, even if not necessarily for tax advantages. Not the income tax, at any rate, because it doesn't really matter that much between 2 singles and 1 couple.

It would have been interesting to see the demographic breakdown on the general vote between Obama and Cain...

But, Cain was never really presidential material in my opinion (of course, neither was Obama)... nor is Gingrich, Perry, Huntsman, etc...

I'm firmly behind Romney at this point. If he isn't in it, I'm probably staying home.

People get married all the time for benefits like health insurance, even if not necessarily for tax advantages. Not the income tax, at any rate, because it doesn't really matter that much between 2 singles and 1 couple.
If I married someone of significantly lower income (assuming no children), then our combined tax situation would improve.

Oh, I know they do! It's just a really bad decision... unless it is a total sham marriage to begin with... nothing illegal about that.

It would have been interesting to see the demographic breakdown on the general vote between Obama and Cain...

But, Cain was never really presidential material in my opinion (of course, neither was Obama)... nor is Gingrich, Perry, Huntsman, etc...

I'm firmly behind Romney at this point. If he isn't in it, I'm probably staying home.

Black people do not automatically vote for black candidates. Black voters will give black candidates with positions different from themselves the benefit of the doubt, all else being equal. But that does not guarantee a vote. Just a fair look.

Black people do not automatically vote for black candidates. Black voters will give black candidates with positions different from themselves the benefit of the doubt, all else being equal. But that does not guarantee a vote. Just a fair look.
Agreed... but part of that is how effectively you get the message out, etc.

I just think it would have been interesting data to see... to see if it made any difference. We could speculate over the results all day, but we won't know now.

Yeah, there have been a few data points of legit Black Republicans running, and I'm unaware of any of them getting more than 20, 25% of the black vote. Steele didn't in Maryland, and neither did Blackwell when he ran for Gov in Ohio.

Agreed... but part of that is how effectively you get the message out, etc.

I just think it would have been interesting data to see... to see if it made any difference. We could speculate over the results all day, but we won't know now.

Generally speaking, in recent years about 10% of black voters tend conservative and the rest tend liberal.

Yeah, there have been a few data points of legit Black Republicans running, and I'm unaware of any of them getting more than 20, 25% of the black vote. Steele didn't in Maryland, and neither did Blackwell when he ran for Gov in Ohio.
Ok, that's interesting.
That's over double the normal percentage.

I ask, because a lot of blacks, in the south particularly, tend to be rather conservative (due to religious beliefs), and I wonder what the outcome would be.

Top Bottom