California Governor Signs Landmark Bill Requiring Teaching of Gay History

Status
Not open for further replies.
how, explain, how, please.

Hates homosexuals. Forms conspiracy theories involving them. Opposes all measures furthering their acceptance in society.

I was lucky enough to be enrolled in a privileged school in California but let me assure you that public schools here, especially in regions near the Mexican border, have been overwhelmed by Mexican and other foreign children who understand little to no English. Not only does this make the job of the teacher more difficult, but it also affects the education of other children who have to accept that they will be learning at a slower pace due to their peers.
Wow. Two oppressed groups you can blame America's problems on in one thread? You going for some sort of record?

How about you teach them English which they will need to communicate, mathematics to do basic tasks, science so they have a basic understanding of how the world works and history so they know what the heck goes on.
Any reason you can't teach them that alongside mention of the LGBT rights community? Of course you can.

Hates homosexuals. Forms conspiracy theories involving them. Opposes all measures furthering their acceptance in society.

Any reason you can't teach them that alongside mention of the LGBT rights community? Of course you can.

Sexual preferences are not real. How could choosing to have sex with people of the same gender not be a choice.

Sexual preferences are not real. How could choosing to have sex with people of the same gender not be a choice.

Sure, you can control what you do, but you don't control what you feel.

I could have relations with a woman. But my desires, that I CANNOT change, are for fellow males.

Should homosexuals remain abstinent? That's just silly. Why would God create an entire group of people and then condemn them for acting on their desire for a partner? Why would he encourage pairing up with someone when you don't really love them, inherently leading that person to heartache?

Free will explains many of God's questionable choices. It doesn't explain this one.

Homosexuality can be traced back to many environmental factors.

So God curses some to a harder life by giving them to parents who will foster that homosexuality?

I hope there's an exclusive reward for homosexuals up in Heaven, otherwise this system just seems unnecessarily cruel and inconsistent.

Wow. Two oppressed groups you can blame America's problems on in one thread? You going for some sort of record?

He's being serious, that is how it is. It isn't his fault that you've led a sheltered life.
Sure, you can control what you do, but you don't control what you feel.

I could have relations with a woman. But my desires, that I CANNOT change, are for fellow males.

Should homosexuals remain abstinent? That's just silly. Why would God create an entire group of people and then condemn them for acting on their desire for a partner? Why would he encourage pairing up with someone when you don't really love them, inherently leading that person to heartache?

Free will explains many of God's questionable choices. It doesn't explain this one.
hormone imbalances in womb≠God made them that way
So God curses some to a harder life by giving them to parents who will foster that homosexuality?

I hope there's an exclusive reward for homosexuals up in Heaven, otherwise this system just seems unnecessarily cruel and inconsistent.

People make bad choices every day because they have free will

I meant that people are born to like the opposite gender. I bet that most gay men secretly like girls. And the same is true for Lesbians.

And you speak from experience...?

No. I'll just say this: I find women disgusting. I cannot bring myself to ever wanting to be romantically or sexually involved with them.

Likewise, you are probably the same way with other men.

We are a minority, but that doesn't justify us being made second class citizenry by others.

Sure, marriage isn't a guaranteed right. But the problem with creating separate sets of benefits for portions of the population SHOULD seem rather odd in a liberal democracy.

actually, I'm 15.
It's ight seem like it is not a choice to them.

Find the most traditional, most conservative member of your immediate family. Tell them you are gay. Watch them scream and shout and cry in front of you. Feel the pain.

Why would homosexuals "choose" to sit through that just to endure that pain, trauma and family breakdown.

I meant that people are born to like the opposite gender. I bet that most gay men secretly like girls. And the same is true for Lesbians.
Based on..?

He's being serious, that is how it is. It isn't his fault that you've led a sheltered life.
So because Mexicans have taken over some parts of California and we now have to teach some kids English there is not room in all 12 years for anyone to learn about LGBT history?

People make bad choices every day because they have free will
Screw free will. I want guaranteed eternal happiness.

Based on..?

So because Mexicans have taken over some parts of California and we now have to teach some kids English there is not room in all 12 years for anyone to learn about LGBT history?

Screw free will. I want guaranteed eternal happiness.

There is a substantial minority who have problems or parents who don't care about them which causes them to act out.

Yeah? I want someone else to pay my mortgage which is too damn high! Too bad eh?

this thread is making my eyes bleed.

This conservative blathering about student achievement is nuts, since nobody has presented any real argument how the OP actually would have a negative impact on student achievement. This blah blah about ESLs and school funding and poor people and whatever is completely irrelevant.

There is a substantial minority who have problems or parents who don't care about them which causes them to act out.
Ok and we should address those problems. You have yet to demonstrate how adding in maybe a few hours at most of material in a single class is going to make those worse.

edit: ^ Yeah that. You're grasping at straws and it's painfully obvious.

Yeah? I want someone else to pay my mortgage which is too damn high! Too bad eh?
You realize God is all-powerful right? He literally has no right to complain about anything.

Find the most traditional, most conservative member of your immediate family. Tell them you are gay. Watch them scream and shout and cry in front of you. Feel the pain.

Why would homosexuals "choose" to sit through that just to endure that pain, trauma and family breakdown.

I had forgotten this point, Aronnax, despite one of my favorite gay comedians saying it more than once.

Indeed, if we wanted to be rejected, why didn't we just go to college and become a lawyer or politician? We make good money in addition to the social stigma!

Though seriously, why would anyone choose to be gay if it was 100% a choice. Sure you can get a faux mate, but you can't actually love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom