• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Calling all ladies! Male or female.

Are you a man or woman?

• Man

Votes: 340 91.2%
  • Woman

Votes: 33 8.8%

• Total voters
I'm proud to be the 16th person holding Venus sign in their papers here. Been playing Civ1 in pre-school times, Age of Empires, lots of RTS games and then Civ3 years later. Civ1 still brings tears to my eyes since I have been in love with that game for 15 or so years :) I have attended programmer courses so that makes me geeky, doesn't it? :D But now I have switched to playing and coaching Bridge. To put my huge logical IQ in use, so to say. And I mention it because, I have been hated by men for a long time for being smarter than them. Small breasts, practical dresses, big IQ, whats worse for average male? :(

And I mention it because, I have been hated by men for a long time for being smarter than them. Small breasts, practical dresses, big IQ, whats worse for average male? :(

Sounds like heaven to me. Beats the heck out of discussing the latest movie star's break-up.

Dare I even say it... battling it out on the computer with the girlfriend, who's actually enjoying it... I'll flip that on its head and ask: what's better?

Picture saying this to one of your friends, gentlemen... "my girlfriend just kicked my butt at Civilization IV" *gasp*

Sounds like heaven to me. Beats the heck out of discussing the latest movie star's break-up.

Dare I even say it... battling it out on the computer with the girlfriend, who's actually enjoying it... I'll flip that on its head and ask: what's better?

Picture saying this to one of your friends, gentlemen... "my girlfriend just kicked my butt at Civilization IV" *gasp*

I'm with askthepizzaguy. It may be bad for the *average* male, but for a lot of us, that's exactly what we're looking for.

Sorry Padma mew.
These guys are a quite entertaining and mew.
But you know for a thread like this it is this very kind of fun chat that brings people to vote mew.
Don't know if you been watching but the numbers continue to rise no matter what we talk about mew.

Oh, I won't deny that the 'chattiness' of this thread may help keep the interest up. And, yes, I've been watching. ;)

I'm just trying to nudge the discussion a little closer to the topic, is all. If it gets too far out of line, then I'll have to close it, and I'd rather not do that. :)

@askthepizzaguy

Well, I could imagine. Too bad that's just one side of my personality. The other side has a boxing bag and weights and does about 2 - 4 hours a day of working out to improve Kung-Fu. I'm working as a Kung-Fu teacher and bridge teacher. Go figure :?

I don't want to be rash in statements, but almost every girl who's into girls, plays some sort of computer game. The possibilty to get positive answer for asking questions like "Do you know what is Counter-Strike or Age of Empires or World of Warcraft" goes up quite a bit. I see a connection, but maybe it is an accidental experience which consists of dozen female gamers.

Thoughts?

And I mention it because, I have been hated by men for a long time for being smarter than them. Small breasts, practical dresses, big IQ, whats worse for average male? :(

I so know how you feel mew. I am barely big enough to be qualified a B-cup but due to my size I still look totally flat chested that when combined with how painful I find bras often leaves me not bothering with one and mistaken for a boy mew...

@askthepizzaguy
Well, I could imagine. Too bad that's just one side of my personality. The other side has a boxing bag and weights and does about 2 - 4 hours a day of working out to improve Kung-Fu. I'm working as a Kung-Fu teacher and bridge teacher. Go figure :?

I don't want to be rash in statements, but almost every girl who's into girls, plays some sort of computer game. The possibilty to get positive answer for asking questions like "Do you know what is Counter-Strike or Age of Empires or World of Warcraft" goes up quite a bit. I see a connection, but maybe it is an accidental experience which consists of dozen female gamers.

Thoughts?

I also love martial arts and use to train incessantly till I moved away from my dojo mew. Now I am seeking out a new one to practice at mew.

Hmm, I wonder what that makes me since I am bi and play with both boys and girls mew?

@askthepizzaguy

Thoughts?

Well I think this is definitely getting off-topic. I'm moving this discussion to an off-topic page to appease the moderator gods who are, in all honesty, at the very least Immortal-level awesome.

Here: I will continue the discussion on This thread.

Wrong. Guys dig smart nerdy gals. Guys don't dig self-centered gals who think they're smarter than everyone else.

Welcome to CFC, dusters.
To put my huge logical IQ in use, so to say. And I mention it because, I have been hated by men for a long time for being smarter than them. Small breasts, practical dresses, big IQ, whats worse for average male? :(
Sorry Sweetie, but IQ is only useful as a statistic if it used as a measure of intellectual impairment, not intellectual power. An IQ higher than 110 to 120 usually means that the person is relatively bright, (and a little higher than the normal range, which on the average mean distribution bell curve is about 90 to 110), and a person with an IQ of 150 is not really any smarter, even though they are considered a "genius". They just arrive at the same answer a little bit quicker than the first person, or they are just better at solving puzzles, which is really what the standard IQ test is, sorry.

So, having a "big IQ" really doesn't mean anything at all, unless you're a member of Mensa and are looking for bragging rights. Statistically, I stand a very good chance of having a higher IQ than 99% of anyone else in a crowded football stadium, and my high IQ doesn't make me any smarter than your average, everyday, normal IQ person. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't. To think otherwise is simply elitism, and to be perfectly honest, it's also bad manners.

I don't think that the average man honestly hates an intelligent woman because she might be smarter than he is. Most of the men I know appreciate a woman who is intelligent, articulate, and able to hold her own in a conversation. There are exceptions to every rule, however. What I have found in life, and my professional career, is that men (and just people in general), tend to dislike a woman (or man) who feels that s/he is intelligent, and rubs their noses in it.

Still think this is off-topic and should be relocated... I've already made a thread for this. ;) But feel free to make your own or attract the wrath of Padma the awesome moderator. (Insert blatant suck-up here... mission accomplished.) :D

I agree with Lemon about the IQ thing. I have a pretty substantial IQ and I've found it is just a number. I can't remember :health: about anything but I learn pretty quick and pass tests easily. Then it goes away and I remain dumb as a rock.

:lol:

Welcome to CFC, dusters.

Sorry Sweetie, but IQ is only useful as a statistic if it used as a measure of intellectual impairment, not intellectual power. An IQ higher than 110 to 120 usually means that the person is relatively bright, (and a little higher than the normal range, which on the average mean distribution bell curve is about 90 to 110), and a person with an IQ of 150 is not really any smarter, even though they are considered a "genius". They just arrive at the same answer a little bit quicker than the first person, or they are just better at solving puzzles, which is really what the standard IQ test is, sorry.

So, having a "big IQ" really doesn't mean anything at all, unless you're a member of Mensa and are looking for bragging rights. Statistically, I stand a very good chance of having a higher IQ than 99% of anyone else in a crowded football stadium, and my high IQ doesn't make me any smarter than your average, everyday, normal IQ person. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't. To think otherwise is simply elitism, and to be perfectly honest, it's also bad manners.

I don't think that the average man honestly hates an intelligent woman because she might be smarter than he is. Most of the men I know appreciate a woman who is intelligent, articulate, and able to hold her own in a conversation. There are exceptions to every rule, however. What I have found in life, and my professional career, is that men (and just people in general), tend to dislike a woman (or man) who feels that s/he is intelligent, and rubs their noses in it.
^
I totally dig that.

hmm it made me a bit sad reading that the few girls we have on these forums, like other girls.

I am not sure why though lol.

It is pretty easy to understand why mew.
Why do you like girls mew?

For me personally mew, I don't care whats between someones legs or on ones chest mew. As long as I thier someone I enjoy being with mew. We all seek the same thing in life mew. Someone to love and someone to love us mew. I dont see a reason to ignore half the worlds population just cause we are the same gender mew.
Girls have thier own way of being enjoyed and boys have thier own way mew.
Both are wonderful and fun mew. But they are both definately different mew.

Take it easy, Perf. She explained it all in her First post, in the Welcome thread.
Tygari said:
PS-- before 30 or 50 of you jump down my throat about how you hate my mewing telling me how annoying it is and how I do it just for attention I will write this little bit mew.
I do it cause I am a furry and have done it for 6 years now mew.
It is total habit mew.
I do not care what people think of it or if they refuse to read my posts cause of it and I won't stop it just to sooth someones ego mew.

Take it easy, Perf. She explained it all in her First post, in the Welcome thread.

That's going to be a common question. She should probably just put a link to that post in her sig.

If I remember correctly and in this context it means something related to sex?

I don't think it needs to be discussed here. :goodjob: No biggie though.

Top Bottom