Can only whites be racists and is Africa no place for whites?

Can only whites be racists and oppressors? Are whites out of place in Africa?

• Only white people can be racists and opressors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not only white people can be racists and opressors

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Africa is no place for whites - they should all leave

• Africa is a place for its inhabitants regardless their skin colour

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • The structure of land and capital ownership should fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio of populace

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • The structure of land, capital ownership doesn't have to fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No action should be taken regarding the land ownership in South Africa

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • A non-state organisation should be established for buying land and distributing it among black popul

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people with full compensation

• The state should cofiscate the land and distribute it among black people with partial compensation

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people without compensations

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • The state should confiscate the land and make its ownership according to racial ratio - full compens

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - partial compe

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - no compensati

• I like frogs.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
Oh okay, so we're now back to "pretty damn sinister."
Well, there are people who are smarter/ stronger/ faster/ more creative/ better at x than e.g. any of us in this thread. I believe you don't dispute that? If you object to the language of "inherent superiority in limited scope" (sounds kind of awkward, I agree), then why not phrase it better, instead of getting snarky?

I refuse to believe it's all as bad as this.

Oh okay, so we're now back to "pretty damn sinister."

Good luck refuting reality. Unless you seriously want to make a case that a genetic defect leading to cancer at age 3 is the same as not having it.

So long as we hold that some things are superior/inferior to other things, you can't escape the conclusion of scope-limited superiority. It's more sinister to lie about that than to acknowledge it. Don't like it? Good, I don't like it either. Maybe gene editing or something similarly game-changing gets us out of it.

then why not phrase it better

How would you phrase it better? "Person X is inherently superior to person Y at sprinting" is a reasonable and testable claim. "Person X is inherently superior to person Y overall" requires some pretty rough assumptions and usually self-convenient definitions of superiority.

Genetic disease is an even more glaring example. Lacking a crippling genetic disease is almost strictly positive compared to having one.

If you object to the language of "inherent superiority in limited scope" (sounds kind of awkward, I agree), then why not phrase it better, instead of getting snarky?

Good luck refuting reality. Unless you seriously want to make a case that a genetic defect leading to cancer at age 3 is the same as not having it.

So long as we hold that some things are superior/inferior to other things, you can't escape the conclusion of scope-limited superiority. It's more sinister to lie about that than to acknowledge it. Don't like it? Good, I don't like it either. Maybe gene editing or something similarly game-changing gets us out of it.

You weirdos need to put away the calipers. Keep your degenerate habit of labeling people "inherently superior" to yourselves please.

I feel "inherently superior" is really quite flawed ... Usain Bolt has to work really hard, he wasn't just born the fastest person on earth, etc.

You weirdos need to put away the calipers. Keep your degenerate habit of labeling people "inherently superior" to yourselves please.

Not going to refute reality though, just going to pretend the points weren't made eh?

I feel "inherently superior" is really quite flawed ... Usain Bolt has to work really hard, he wasn't just born the fastest person on earth, etc.

Most professionals work hard. But there are physical limits to what you can do. No amount of training will ever let you beat his 100m time. Even if you somehow work twice as hard as him, you still won't be close.

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of people born on Earth *can't* beat Bolt's times, no matter what they do or how hard they work. Some small percentage can.

The fact of the matter is that some people die of cancer before they can ever speak a word. They are losers of the genetic lottery, rather than winners. It's not fair, but I don't see anybody refuting this. Physical potential is a fact of life. Best you can do is optimize what you get.

Honestly not sure if tongue in cheek or serious...and not sure of what your point is in either case.
I mean, I understand the unpleasant historical baggage of eugenics, racism and whatnot using language such as "inherently superior/inferior" brings.
That's why I asked you to suggest a different language.
Does your refusal to do so means that you disagree that eg Usain Bolt had any ... congenital advantage in speed over either of us? Or is this to mean that this fact, even if true, is too dangerous/uncomfortable to ever mention in polite company, no matter how tactfully phrased? Or are you just having fun poking at "weirdos with calipers"?

Some people might have advantages, none of them off the top of my head are white though Ethiopians and Polynesians).

Congenital effects are often quite flexible to a lifetime of inputs. But yes. To suggest that an amazing person born with say, a serious congenital heart defect, might hold somebody back in wind sprints should it pertain to anything that isn't already labeled is a disease/disorder for treatment seems a bit brushing with the heretical. Avoiding some of the glamors of historical horror is to be commended, but ignoring differences doesn't exactly seem a satisfactory solution when it comes to designing a society for different sorts of people to live in.

That's part of what's so grotesque about this, we only seem to talk about "inherent superiority" when it provides an opportunity to explain away the achievements of people who aren't white. Black guy wins a gold medal? Naturally fast. Asian guy wins a Nobel Prize? Naturally intelligent. White guy manages to put his shoes on the right feet? Hard work, enterprise, and a spirit of rugged individualism.

That's part of what's so grotesque about this, we only seem to talk about "inherent superiority" when it provides an opportunity to explain away the achievements of people who aren't white. Black guy wins a gold medal? Naturally fast. Asian guy wins a Nobel Prize? Naturally intelligent. White guy manages to put his shoes on the right feet? Hard work, enterprise, and a spirit of rugged individualism.

I think the Ethipians dominated middle distance running in 80s or 90s.

Ethiopia being quite high altitude. Something about lung capacity.

So others started training in similar conditions.

The Asians being smart thing is cultural. White kids spend to much time posting crap online, drinking and arguing about politics and getting likes online.

Thankfully some people still aren't willing to deny reality just because some other people (who seemingly also accept that reality) "feel" as though that reality can't be mentioned as anything other than a pretext to be a big ol' racist, even when responding to people who objectively aren't doing that.

Wow, what a racist and disgusting way of grouping people, let alone generalizing single traits to "superiority" i look at things and say..."wow, that guy is really fast, and that guy is really smart"...and that guy has really high alcohol tolerance"....eveything else are assumptions

Top Bottom