Can only whites be racists and is Africa no place for whites?

Can only whites be racists and oppressors? Are whites out of place in Africa?

• Only white people can be racists and opressors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not only white people can be racists and opressors

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Africa is no place for whites - they should all leave

• Africa is a place for its inhabitants regardless their skin colour

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • The structure of land and capital ownership should fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio of populace

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • The structure of land, capital ownership doesn't have to fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No action should be taken regarding the land ownership in South Africa

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • A non-state organisation should be established for buying land and distributing it among black popul

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people with full compensation

• The state should cofiscate the land and distribute it among black people with partial compensation

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people without compensations

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • The state should confiscate the land and make its ownership according to racial ratio - full compens

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - partial compe

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - no compensati

• I like frogs.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
Sure. The context dictated my conclusion in this case.

"One's superior in social class or ability" --> not seeing implication of inherent superiority there. Seems you'd rather argue over definitions rather than the inconvenient reality that inequality claims have a tendency to be about grabbing resources from other people.

This statement is more sinister than it initially reads.
Nah, it's pretty damn sinister on the first reading.
That anti-racism is a screen for Bolshevism is a central plank of anti-Communist and other soft-fascist thinking through the twentieth century. Not really a surprise that it's still rattling around in Boomer skulls.

That anti-racism is a screen for Bolshevism is a central plank of anti-Communist and other soft-fascist thinking through the twentieth century. Not really a surprise that it's still rattling around in Boomer skulls.

He ain't even a Boomer. Or at least, I hadn't thought so.

"One's superior in social class or ability" --> not seeing implication of inherent superiority there. Seems you'd rather argue over definitions rather than the inconvenient reality that inequality claims have a tendency to be about grabbing resources from other people.

Today your homework will be to look up the definition of the word "connotation," read back over our little exchange this afternoon, and contemplate how silly this post is

I don't, i make a living helping the disadvantaged

Your views are antithetical to your job then, but then again you would know all too well how cruel the world can be to those without much money.

I suspect that you don't actually care much about it, hence your deference to your economic betters.

Your views are antithetical to your job then, but then again you would know all too well how cruel the world can be to those without much money.

I suspect that you don't actually care much about it, hence your deference to your economic betters.
I dont know what an "economic better" is

I've long lost track what anyone is actually talking about when they speak of "taking money from the rich". Progressive income tax a la contemporary France or Denmark (fair)? De-kulakization a la Russian bolsheviks (terrible)?
Damned if I know... but having self-identified communists in the conversation is making me a bit cautious.

Today your homework will be to look up the definition of the word "connotation," read back over our little exchange this afternoon, and contemplate how silly this post is

I dont know what an "economic better" is
I've long lost track what anyone is actually talking about when they speak of "taking money from the rich". Progressive income tax a la contemporary France or Denmark (fair)? De-kulakization a la Russian bolsheviks (terrible)?
Damned if I know... but having self-identified communists in the conversation is making me a bit cautious.

Well, if the conversation has shifted from equalization and justice of social inequity based on "race" to "socio-economic class," than the part I so objected too has been gotten over, frankly.

Your views are antithetical to your job then.

Not sure I'd agree with this. A large motivator behind community-based and religious-based charity is that you control the money and the conditions surrounding its use. Like enforcing Bible school in indigenous settlements, or making sure the person receiving the help needs to dance to the tune you specifically fiddle.

It's why these people are so against unconditional supports. It's against their philosophy of charity and assistance to not expect power or control in return for one's generosity.

"power" and "control" are mostly bs (unless you see yourself as useless and worthess of course) and I'm a darn good fiddle player!

I did your homework > 20 years ago. Even in context, that connotation is not *necessarily* implied. You can dishonestly interpret for the worst if it satisfies a hard-on for attacking character rather than addressing the statement itself, but that shows the strength of your argument for what it is.

Even in context, that connotation is not *necessarily* implied.

Well, it was apparently the intended connotation. Since you apparently really don't get it, the core idea that some people are inherently superior to others has historically shaped our societies in ways that even you liberals and libertarians agree are transparently unjust and we lefties think that idea is still running around loose to an alarming degree. That is what the phrase "your betters" was alluding to in Senethro's post.

You can dishonestly interpret for the worst if it satisfies a hard-on for attacking character rather than addressing the statement itself, but that shows the strength of your argument for what it is.

I mean I already said you're actually lucky you don't get it. I was taking you at your word.

What's truly sad is that this deference to the wealthy actually hurts himself as well as his own.

It's literally against his own interests to run defence for the rich, as they do all they can to make his life harder in order to extract as much money from society before he and others die.

It's sad isn't it? A crying shame, but what makes it worse is his desire to defend the status quo.

Well, if the conversation has shifted from equalization and justice of social inequity based on "race" to "socio-economic class," than the part I so objected too has been gotten over, frankly.

As well you should. The problem with so much of the extreme left, and the obsession about racial groups without regard for little things like details is an obsession of the extreme left, is that they are manifestly racist. They think of race as a proxy for things like socio-economic status. It is not. If you want to help poor people then help poor people without ragard for race. This isn't complicated but they consistently get it wrong and only want to help poor people of select races, usually one race. That is what makes them racist.

A poor black person's problems are likely to differ in certain ways from a poor white person's which are likely to differ in certain ways to a hispanic or asian person etc, to entertain any other notion is essentially to entertain delusion and to ignore reality.

A poor black person's problems are likely to differ in certain ways from a poor white person's which are likely to differ in certain ways to a hispanic or asian person etc, to entertain any other notion is essentially to entertain delusion and to ignore reality.

But all four races have tiny, filthy rich elite becoming richer off the backs of, more often than not nowadays, other people of their own race. Your "point" still falls short of the mark.

Doesn't every single person's problems differ from every other person?

But all four races have tiny, filthy rich elite becoming richer off the backs of, more often than not nowadays, other people of their own race. Your "point" still falls short of the mark.

Have you forgotten that Non white people still have to contend with racism on both an individual and institutional level? Like come on man it's the height of privilege to suggest otherwise. A black persons interactions with the police will be very different from the average white person's or do you think that is not the case? I mean black people themselves are pointing out the disparity does that not enter into the equation? Wealth disparity is important but so is acknowledging intersectionality.

Have you forgotten that Non white people still have to contend with racism on both an individual and institutional level? Like come on man it's the height of privilege to suggest otherwise. A black persons interactions with the police will be very different from the average white person's or do you think that is not the case? I mean black people themselves are pointing out the disparity does that not enter into the equation? Wealth disparity is important but so is acknowledging intersectionality.

As I've said before, I am a social worker for a living. And my clients come from many races - including Whites. But they all come to the office I work at seeking the same basic needs and services - and they face many of the same challenges. An obviously poor White is more likely to be accosted by, and have abuses if authority against, them than, and not as less likely compared to a poor Black, Hispanic (or, especially up here in Edmonton, Canada) First Nations, all-in-all, as may have once been the case, but one from any of those races in a suit carrying a professional or affluence demeanor would be targeted that way in very unusual, exceptional, and brazen circumstances. Racial "block" thinking and social attitude is not what was in the days of George Wallace and Fred Newman. You're stuck in a groove in your thinking, and you have to move beyond your simplistic and cookies cutter ways of viewing problems before you can be part of true solutions productively.

You being a social worker doesn't mean you have the authority to speak on a systemic level, especially when we start talking about countries that aren't your own, @Patine. I'm surprised nobody's picked up on your arguments to authority, considering we have more than a few people that are keen on noting such things.

Likewise, you're taking your personal belief that you live in some kind of post-racial culture where all demographics have it equally as bad, and projecting that onto the state of the . . . country? World? Unsure. One of the two, to then justify your speaking down to Cloud about what a "groove" they're stuck in.

Top Bottom