Caption Contest!

KaiserElectric

Total Freakin Besties
This site has everything. I think it's about time we had an unnofficial caption contest on civfanatics. :cool:

Rules and stuff

1. Post your entries in the thread to submit. NO private messages plz.

2. You may submit as many entries as you like, but don't copy anyone's entry! If you do, NONE of your entries will be chosen to win. (Like you could pull it off without me knowing :smug:)

3. The best caption, the second best caption, and third best caption will be honored. If I like a lot of them, I may feature a few honorable mentions. Keep in mind that I will NOT choose a winner because I like them or anything. I will also not ignore submissions because I dislike anyone.

4. If you have a picture you would like to submit for the contest, feel free to post it. Photoshopped or original, I'll take them all, but KEEP IT CLEAN.

5. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT copy any lines from any other caption contest. Nor should you take pictures from another caption contest.

6. Every week, the winners will be announced and the new picture will be posted the next day.

7. Every fifth contest, the winner will be decided by popular vote. Simply state which of the three finalists you want to win. DO NOT vote for someone who is not a finalist!

Ta-daa!!! The first picture! (attached)
Results will be in a week.

Attachments

• happiness and madness.GIF
    happiness and madness.GIF
    3.9 KB · Views: 478
By the Spring of 1944, Germany's manpower shortages were becoming acute.
Commissar Ivor, pictured, found this dummy guarding the outer approaches to Praga.

"Stupid sculptor. Doesn't look a thing like me."

Hey everyone, great job so far! This is just an important announcement about the competition. Due to unforseen events, I may not be able to get online on Saturday to post the results. I'm assuming I won't get online, so I will post the results on Friday. The new picture will be put up on Sunday as planned. Keep up the captions!

"...Dad? Is that you? What did they do to you?!"

"Heah, who's that guy with the halo and red eyes behind you? Ha Ha - made you look!"

Rugby news: France sets new benchmark for outrageous tee height.

"Now, Mr. Reeve, we've got you all stitched up, we just need to apply the fetus blood and you'll look better than ever"

(Reference to this)
(Yes, I know he's dead)

Ah, we have finaly reached the conclusion of our first contest! And now,
The Winners!!!

:trophy: Warpus
A curious fan approaches Michael Jackson after his latest plastic surgery mishap

:trophy2nd: Perfection
"You look a bit cross"

:trophy3rd: puglover
"Stupid sculptor. Doesn't look a thing like me."

And now, some of our honorable mentions!

:trophy2: SS-18 ICBM
"...Dad? Is that you? What did they do to you?!"

:trophy2: ~Corsair#01~
By the Spring of 1944, Germany's manpower shortages were becoming acute.
Commissar Ivor, pictured, found this dummy guarding the outer approaches to Praga.

Congrats to everyone, and remember...

YOU ARE ALL WINNERS!!!!
:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

P.S. The new picture will be put on on Sunday. See you then! :cool:

The New Picture, and it's not an attachement! :mwaha:

You know the rules, start!

(Note that the schedule is back to normal; the results will be posted on Saturday):)

Top Bottom