[BTS] Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Playoff Game 2 Thread

NOOOOO...what happened!

3 barb cities in the center.
Pretty big at the start.

Hannibal did pretty great defending.

Mehmed was amazing.

Louis was on top diplomatically and won the culture.

I would give 10% or lower for each of Mehmed in 2nd, De Gaulle FTD, Culture, and T281. Needless to say, a relief I somehow advanced with 9 points.

Louis culture win seemed inevitable. So many pleased AI. Not sure it would replay the same on the alt histories.

In my tests, religions and wonders split between Louis and De Gaulle so routinely that the Sun King only attempted Culture a few times (only once successfully and late at that). Hannibal also went for Culture as many times as Louis but only after conquering Holy Cities and too late to be effective. That said, I have seen a lot more Cultural Victories this season than I would have anticipated, and now I am wary of who could turn on the slider. With both Ramesses and Louis in the Championship game already, we are likely to see a similar dynamic of Cultural competition if neither is eliminated early on.

Well at least I picked culture. Having the worst luck with 1st pick though some satisfaction that Mehmed performed well.

In my tests, religions and wonders split between Louis and De Gaulle so routinely that the Sun King only attempted Culture a few times (only once successfully and late at that). Hannibal also went for Culture as many times as Louis but only after conquering Holy Cities and too late to be effective. That said, I have seen a lot more Cultural Victories this season than I would have anticipated, and now I am wary of who could turn on the slider. With both Ramesses and Louis in the Championship game already, we are likely to see a similar dynamic of Cultural competition if neither is eliminated early on.
Yeah my tests went a similar way. Louis did manage one culture victory but he was nowhere near as obsessed with pursuing culture compared to some of the other culture leaders like Rammy or Hatty. I did think of punting a punt on him for culture but it just seemed more likely that it was more likely to be space or domination. Most often Louis was the 3rd place leader (he didn't get any 2nd place finishes at all) as he just would get up to 7-8 cities and then just sit there until the end of the game while one of the other AIs would eventually start to gobble up territory. In this game he seemed more active with declaring his own wars than I expected.

Was a hard game to call. Probably one of the most even fields so far this season. Next week feels like more of a classic AI survivor matchup with the psycho personality vs the pacifist.

Kudos to...

Louis, for zealous evangelization of the faith and Enlightened religious tolerance, whimsy in campaigns against Carthage, and ultimately serving as a paragon nonpareil of imperial splendor on not one but two worlds 🥇

Mehmed, for unflagging commitment to militarism, diplomatic maneuvers that produced a highly favorable partition of Free France, and exponential expansion that was surely halted all too soon 🥈

Hannibal, for crafty assimilation of the independent peoples, bright tactics in repulsing the French, and pioneering applied science only to fail at parlaying any of these achievements into victory 🥉

RIP...

De Gaulle, who died on the lonely shores of Gascony a martyr to the principle of self-determination in matters religious, cultural, and diplomatic ⚱️

@Slashninja1467's fantasy picks--they were fun while they lasted ⚱️

Was a hard game to call. Probably one of the most even fields so far this season. Next week feels like more of a classic AI survivor matchup with the psycho personality vs the pacifist.
My tests showed roughly a 75% chance of the French coming in first, and 50% second. I was surprised how much the map favored Domination, but I suppose the border tensions were enough to basically wreck peace weight diplomacy. As with the other games, I look forward to comparing my results against the Alternate Histories to see just how much false confidence I took into the season even after those big corrections :D

Saxo and Plain Cow moving up on the overall.

Thanks for the mention, but I actually dropped a few places this time. I'm proud to say my 3 points were good enough to beat every picker inside the top 40+ in the battle for the WORST score. :smug:

Also, congrats to the one who almost shares my alias. 12 points was very impressive in this game. :worship:

Not a good game for my picks, but I'm very impressed with what Mehmed managed to achieved with his start, he was never remotely on my radar. Sometimes 2nd place doesn't equate a top 2 performance, but Mehmed is very deserving of reaching the final after this. Wouldn't it be something if Mehmed became our first ever multiple champ. :D

Thanks for the mention, but I actually dropped a few places this time. I'm proud to say my 3 points were good enough to beat every picker inside the top 40+ in the battle for the WORST score. :smug:

Also, congrats to the one who almost shares my alias. 12 points was very impressive in this game. :worship:

Not a good game for my picks, but I'm very impressed with what Mehmed managed to achieved with his start, he was never remotely on my radar. Sometimes 2nd place doesn't equate a top 2 performance, but Mehmed is very deserving of reaching the final after this. Wouldn't it be something if Mehmed became our first ever multiple champ. :D
It's certainly shaping up to be an interesting championship game. Personally I want Alex to make it through to guarantee it being spicy rather than another peaceful leader.

Top Bottom