CCM1 (epic mod)

Civinator,
Is the Peacekeeper really supposed to have a range of 300?

and BTW, I haven't gotten that far into the game. I was checking the biq out and noticed the large range of this unit.

Goody hut are working as always. I didn´t find a way to improve them. They can´t produce units stronger than barbs.
I don't know if you're aware of this, but goody huts (NOT barb camps) can supposedly produce any unit that is "buildable" by barbarians on its unit page.

I may get a chance to play this mod today :)

I don't know if you're aware of this, but goody huts (NOT barb camps) can supposedly produce any unit that is "buildable" by barbarians on its unit page.

I may get a chance to play this mod today :)
I can confirm this from early playtesting of Modzilla - originally (back in 2004 I think) I was going to have the Godzilla unit be a single, preplaced barbarian, with the "normal" barbarians just the usual warriors and horsemen. I nixed that idea when I went into a goody hut and unleashed 3 Godzilla barbarians which promptly decimated my army.

Back to the invisible units - yes I like them once I got used to them. They are a huge pain at first. I need to study the civilopedia a bit to see what units can see invisible units, and have them fortified in each city - that will help a bit I think. That and barricades. I also like the goods shipment concept, and the way religions and cultural enslavement work. The auto-produced settles and workers coupled with the invisible units certainly forces you to have a new strategy.

Swords only have a defense 1, so they are not equivalent to the 3/2/1 swords. Man there are a massive number of wonders and small wonders. Making my head spin.

Looks like Republic is pretty much a dead government. Is it that not all nations can use Religion? Maybe boosting Rep research to 90 max would make it more useful.

Looks like Republic is pretty much a dead government. Is it that not all nations can use Religion? Maybe boosting Rep research to 90 max would make it more useful.

The best stats for the governments in CCM are one of the things that must be found in the betatest. I´m open for every suggestion to improve CCM -especially with governments. :)

The normal strategy for a lot of players in Civ3 was to go to Republic and to stay with that government until the end of the game. So I restricted that government (may be too much). But before we start a big discussion about governements in CCM you should get a feeling about the other governments and this means you must be deep in a CCM game to know how the different governments really work.

Civinator,
Is the Peacekeeper really supposed to have a range of 300?

and BTW, I haven't gotten that far into the game. I was checking the biq out and noticed the large range of this unit.

Hi Takeo :),

the peacekeeper was integrated into CCM as a new setting for the UN was needed. The diplomatic victory had to be abolished due to the new concept of multiple leaders. An election between Ruler and Ruler isn´t very funny.

So the peacekeeper should be a very strong unit able to operate all over the world. At that time the size of the biggest CCM worldmaps was over 300 x300. The size meanwhile is reduced to under 300. I think the range for the peacekeeper of 300 shouldn´t be a problem for current games, but for the next CCM biq I will reduce the range to a little bit under the biggest mapsize. Thank you for reporting it. :)

Quick question - is Indo-China supposed to have spearmen of some sort? I went from Warriors, to Elephants, to Pikemen as I never had any spearmen-type units (the elephants +1 to HP make them worthy replacements anyway, but are expensive for defense).

Quick question - is Indo-China supposed to have spearmen of some sort?

Indochina should have the Asian Spearman. In earlier versions of the CCM biq Indo-China was Vietnam. When changing that civ, I forgot to add the the spearman to that civ again.

Thank you for the report. :) The fix will be included in the next biq.

The pedia does not mention the movement restrictions for an Enslaver. It cannot traverse mountains, I know. It appears it cannot attack towns either, at least mine could not.

I am going by what is shown using the right click on the unit and selecting view pedia. I tried to attack a spear in a town, just to see if it could. It was not able to attack it. I have lost one already on a spear in the open.

Edit: it may be due to a hidden unit in the town. I was attacked on the IBT. I am at peace with that nation.

Only the AI can attack towns with hidden nationality units whilst at war.

I've got a good game going right now. I'm playing as the Greeks, and my main "hub" of cities is protected by the coasts on one side and a huge chain of mountains on the other from any threats from slavers. However, I popped a Settler from a Goody Hut - and I don't think that city is nearly as safe! (It's also pretty close to the Mongols' homelands, so I'm expecting Enslavers to come at me any minute now!)

Him I thought that they could attack without a war and not trigger one, like privateers. BTW the Prophet is the same, it cannot attack a town. So the AI can attack towns, but players cannot, is that correct? I guess it is as that is what happens.

Edit: I guess I did not read the note the way it was intended. It says take care as the AI can take towns. I thought that was just an alert, rather only the AI can take towns with them.

Minor error .. Capitol not in the pedia for wonders. WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Capitol, added it in so can continue.

A question, why can't build settlers until advance Atomic. Would have thought more appropriate for it to show up with Colonization advance. My opinion (and all are born with one) is that need to either move up the advance that allows settlers or make a couple more Wonders produce them, e.g. Statue of Liberty other palaces etc, so far having fun with it. Thanx for the mod.

Indochina should have the Asian Spearman. In earlier versions of the CCM biq Indo-China was Vietnam. When changing that civ, I forgot to add the the spearman to that civ again.

Thank you for the report. :) The fix will be included in the next biq.
Haha, the game I'm playing now as China has Indo-China as one of most powerful AI civs. When I scouted their territory with enslavers, I cringed as I saw an elephant in every one of their cities. I thought they were so powerful, elephants were widespread! Turns out to be the result of a mistake. Oh well. I am enjoying this game a lot.

It seems like there are two city sizes: one for cities 10 population and under, and one for EVERYTHING higher than 10 pop. Is this right? Didn't I read that there was a limit somewhere? In the editor, the pop needed for a "metro" was 999.

Haha, the game I'm playing now as China has Indo-China as one of most powerful AI civs. When I scouted their territory with enslavers, I cringed as I saw an elephant in every one of their cities. I thought they were so powerful, elephants were widespread! Turns out to be the result of a mistake. Oh well. I am enjoying this game a lot.

It seems like there are two city sizes: one for cities 10 population and under, and one for EVERYTHING higher than 10 pop. Is this right? Didn't I read that there was a limit somewhere? In the editor, the pop needed for a "metro" was 999.

Well now I know the AI and I share a tactic!

If you read the CCM SoE info page, it says in there that 2 city sizes (no metro) was intentional, though I forget why....

I don't see any need for more settlers, we don't have enough workers to handle the places now. There is a second wonder that makes settlers, forget the name.

Yeah no metros, forget why as well.

Well now I know the AI and I share a tactic!

If you read the CCM SoE info page, it says in there that 2 city sizes (no metro) was intentional, though I forget why....

Population pollution kicks in at Size 3 / metropolis.

-Oz

Minor error .. Capitol not in the pedia for wonders. WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Capitol, added it in so can continue.

There is a typo in the pediaicons file Splash_BLDG: Capital instead of Capitol. The Capitol wondersplash and the entry are existing. So for those who want to continue their games at once, please change the pediaicons entry from

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Capital to
#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Capitol

The error will be fixed with the next update. Thank you for reporting it. :)

A question, why can't build settlers until advance Atomic. Would have thought more appropriate for it to show up with Colonization advance. My opinion (and all are born with one) is that need to either move up the advance that allows settlers or make a couple more Wonders produce them, e.g. Statue of Liberty other palaces etc, so far having fun with it.

In fact as stated above, for most players there shouldn´t be a need to produce any additional settlers througout the whole game. The game is more balanced without additional normal production of settlers, but some players feel more secure, if they have the additional option of building settlers normally. So they come late to not cause too much distortions in the balance of the game.

Top Bottom