Changes not documented (or obvious) in patch notes

Undocumented change: The AI now spams you with useless trade requests 100% more often!

No I will not give you 3 Iron and 5 Diplo Favor for 30G! Now shut up and leave me alone! :gripe:
There really needs to be a way to mark stuff as not available unless the price is over a certain level that would automatically suppress any offers below that level.

I take it from the perspective that newer levels of walls replace (not augment) older walls.

As do newer siege engines... Yes the game doesn't offer you an siege engine upgrade - maybe it should. But to have siege engines become useless in the medieval period is just nonsensical.

As Wilhelmina, upon meeting Kupe back in the classical era, my music switched over to the Maori soundtrack.

Little sick of it now.

As Wilhelmina, upon meeting Kupe back in the classical era, my music switched over to the Maori soundtrack.

Little sick of it now.

That's not a change...?

I'm noticing that floods and volcano eruptions that are supposedly fertilizing tiles are not. Perhaps these tiles max out at some point? If so, phooey.

And what does it mean that a dam reduces fertilization yields by 50%? Is that the number of tiles fertilized, or the chances of fertilization, or what?

I have noticed that the AI name their units when get two promotions. At least I have never noticed this before. Cool.

Along with that, you can now only select a fully randomized name, rather than a random 2 part name.

This makes it much harder to get "The Queen's Knockers"... short of typing it in, which is less fun. Decline :sad:

I just want to add on to what others said about georgian walls. The UB is just so so so so meh. Why not do something more noticeable, that will have a meaningful impact? All walls are built faster. or all walls are stronger. all walls provide extra faith etc,. something that makes you go wow, they are not someone who i will attack lightly. doing something like making all walls quicker to build compared to normal, so making your UB not as much of go out of your way type of thing, would be nice. I don't remember off the top of my head where it is at in the tech tree(if its the same as the regular ren walls), but moving it up sooner wouldn't hurt either if they are in the same spot.

i don't think i ever felt threatened enough to build them. the pacing of the game doesn't help either. I feel like i can quickly go form Med walls right into Ren walls in a short amount of time, and the urban defense perk feels like it is just around the corner, so close that i don't feel like using any production on walls anymore.(maybe basic walls if i feel like they could use a little extra protection or just to fire on something like barbarians)

i guess i should be fair and say, that the AI usually votes for city center boosts in production, so building walls is generally quicker than before, combined with the policy card.

Yes. It's also incredibly annoying. 'Where I was last time' is not where I want it to default.
For me it was incredibly annoying before GS, especially later in the game when I had nothing to build in my cities and had to scroll to the very bottom to the projects every 4 turns.
But now with the buttons that jump quickly to the different types, I would probably prefer the old way (starting at the top and not at the last).

i guess i should be fair and say, that the AI usually votes for city center boosts in production, so building walls is generally quicker than before, combined with the policy card.

I think this does make quite a difference. They are not much more use, but they can be knocked out pretty quick with the right policy card and the city centre boost.

It is an estimate based on the numbers at that time. The game has now way of knowing how rock bands will affect things for example.
I know but I was early in the Classical era and it told me I had 20 turns to go when there was nothing to indicate I was anywhere close.

For some reason I'm getting an adjacency bonus for mountains next to my Industrial Zone. Is this happening to everyone?

Norway is much more fun with the pilaging changes. Still i think they could do with a bit of a rework like england got.

I enjoy using viking longboats to pillage all the worlds coasts. However from the mid-game onwards i wouldnt mind a change in strategy rather than just the ability of later melee ships to pillage.

Think they should instead get something related too oil and late game coastal city production

Norway is much more fun with the pilaging changes. Still i think they could do with a bit of a rework like england got.

I enjoy using viking longboats to pillage all the worlds coasts. However from the mid-game onwards i wouldnt mind a change in strategy rather than just the ability of later melee ships to pillage.

Think they should instead get something related too oil and late game coastal city production

Alternate leader: Harald V, ULA: Government Pension Fund of Norway: cities with oil grant 10% additional gold; each oil resource grants an amenity...

Top Bottom