City-States Leaders for VP

Ok, I made random texts work. Each text consist of 3 parts: personality, trait and bonus. For now I wrote 5 different greetings for each personality, 2 for each trait, and 2 for each bonus gift. I would appreciate your help and ideas. If you have some texts I would be grateful. I'm non-native english speaker so any formal language is problematic to me. Exmples:
upload_2018-10-12_20-41-39.png

upload_2018-10-12_20-41-54.png

upload_2018-10-12_20-42-10.png

upload_2018-10-12_20-42-24.png

upload_2018-10-12_20-42-38.png

upload_2018-10-12_20-42-50.png

upload_2018-10-12_20-43-20.png

upload_2018-10-12_20-43-5.png

Awaited version v7m3 out! Many changes were added with the main new feature: random text generator!
Code:
v7m3:
- substituted/tweaked:
    - Malacca leader: now Sultan Parameswara from Malacca,
    - Singapore leader: now Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles from Singapore,
    - "the Kingdom of Madagascar" is now "Madagascar",
    - "the Olmec" is now "the Olmecs".
- fixed:
    - error caused by relics of gold gifts,
    - buttons alignment,
    - protection tooltip help.
- changed:
    - added back background images,
    - decreased font to fit more resources (2 wide lines),
    - moved few things around in UI,
    - added two colours (for luxuries and strategics) to differentiate them in CS menu,
    - reworked and moved "close" and "find on map" buttons,
    - reworked all main action buttons (font, size),
    - modified tooltip help text for protection,
    - changed personality icons.
- added:
    - totally new greeting text generator:
        - currently in database: 5 different texts for each personality, 5 for each trait and 5 for each bonus,
        - frienship texts split between personalities. 5 variants for each one; no info about relationship value in those texts (to be consistent with rest where this value is also not present),
        - standard greeting texts with known CSs are now randomized too. 5 versions for each personality plus 5 versions for protected city states.
- cleaned the code in xml file,
- moved files to new folders,
- added credits.txt file instead of credits in main file.

Remember, any leader with [alt] prefix (see credits or main thread) can be swapped with current one. If you do not like our main choice, you can modify it by yourself!

When having this mod enabled, The only tribute I can ask from a city-state is "gold" or "enslave a worker" - no matter the city-state.

It appears that the icon and name for Resources is out of alignment. This happened with latest build. Is that affecting only me?

Attachments

• _20181014_131736.JPG
    _20181014_131736.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 135
Intentional. I cant remember how many resources cs can have usually in game. I made wide 2 lines which easily fit 9 resources depending on long-name-lapis lazuli appearance. I wanted to align it to center but I cannot find such option. You can align whole block of text but not the text itself. M just experimenting.

@John probably bug. What options should be available in addition to those 2? I will try to find the rest.

I don't remember the values on the top of my head; I haven't even seen the option to "enslave a worker" before in standard VP.

The mod looks really great, but I'll w8 to use it until this bug is fixed.

@CCruise VP + EUI, yes. I'm not sure what can be incompatible with YnAEMP. It is compatible with every new CSs.

Ok quick update with fix to @John.B.C's bug. v7m4.

Bismarck is the most contemporary person in civ 5. He left office in 1890, and died in 1898. That's 120 years.
LKY retired from politics in 2011, and died in 2015. 3 years ago.

Are you familiar with the 30 year rule? A lot of people don't like discussing people as historical figures until 30 years have elapsed. That's often enough time for the full context and arc of their lives to be looked at objectively, and when most governments declassify documents, so you get a full picture of that figure's politics. I have a few issues with LKY and his policies, besides.

I sorta agree with you (?)
As a Singaporean I agree that LKY definitely did some stuff that should be looked into more over the years, however, that said what he did still is way more than what Raffles did as Raffles didn't even achieve everything you say (multiracial country, he separated each race to different areas in Singapore to live more on LKY doing, major infrastructure, was more of the person he left in charge who was William Farquhar as he left soon after signing the treaty)
To us, Raffles was only made to be so well known due to him founding Singapore and signing the treaty with the sultans and that's all.
Whereas, although LKY was in politics barely a decade ago is going against the 30 year rule, however as Singaporean (me and some of my friends not rly all) would rather have LKY instead of Raffles due to what he stand for for us today and what he actually did for us.

Ok, I will swap them next version. Raffles will be put into [alt] leaders. Thanks @ProCatGamer for your opinion on that. I think it will end this difficult debate.

When having this mod enabled, The only tribute I can ask from a city-state is "gold" or "enslave a worker" - no matter the city-state.
If this is indeed mod change, Id ask to switch it back. In medieval I get 165:c5gold: from small tribute, which means I can buy worker anywhere or can get free slave-worker, who works 50% slower for heavy tribute. DOesnt make sense :/

It was only ui bug, nothing gameplay changing. Mod was created for vanilla civ not vp. Adjusting means adding vp parts. I just missed that one and few others earlier.

But you can always report this on github or suggest on your own thread.

Top Bottom