CIV Gold BTS - Technical Support

That's not a bad idea at all. I think I'd like to keep a Master release with all civs, then maybe offer the option for subsets. The problem, though, is that people will still want Canada or Australia *and* something like the Huns or whatever. Finding the ride combos is hard.

An instruction set on removing certain civs and leaders might, in the end, be more accommodating.

Welcome back, FB!

Damn, maybe we can finally finish this thing! ;)

Hi! I get this error when trying to play the game. What is wrong?

Attachments

• Error CIV4.bmp
    329.2 KB · Views: 278
That error does not relate to this mod. Try asking this in the main BTS technical supprort forum.

Tecumsah/Anishnaabek has a city error. Between Lenni-Lenape and Quiripi a city appears on the leaderhead screen as TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME. Also, the city after Abenaki.

I'll take a look at the XML after the game I'm in winds down.

Hey, my computer is not the newest possible, but my CIV4BTS starts quite fast and runs ok. Gold also runs ok, but when I start CIV it always starts without the mod and I have to put it on each time.
Then CIV will close and try to restart, this will take several MINUTES.. it seems like nothing is going on but if I Ctrl+Alt+Del I can see on the "Processes" on the second leaf some CIV4 thing going on, and if I am patient enough, the CIV Gold will start to run, but until it starts it takes ridiculously long. Also if I exit, the mod wil not be on on the second start, I have to put it on again..
Why do you think this is?

I also tried to put the Document&settings XML mod = 0 to mod = 1 but it makes no difference.. Thanks for help if any is given.

I run WinXP Pro, CIV4 BTS 3.17 and Gold+patch.

cIV Gold loads over 1 GB of stuff when it starts. And, since it is not being loaded by default, none of that information is being cached by the game for faster retrieval/load times next time. The best performance I've seen comes from

* Making it your default mod, by specifying Mod = Mods\CIV Gold (or whatever your path is)
* Setting both disable caching variables to 0

It will still load much more slowly than cIV without it loads.

The long term solution would be an eventual move of the mod to a fully modular structure, but that isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

You can also remove any civs that you dislike/don't want available, and this will speed up loading, as it will reduce the amount of info that is pre-loaded. See earlier pages for explicit instructions on how to do this.

Hey, my computer is not the newest possible, but my CIV4BTS starts quite fast and runs ok. Gold also runs ok, but when I start CIV it always starts without the mod and I have to put it on each time.
Then CIV will close and try to restart, this will take several MINUTES.. it seems like nothing is going on but if I Ctrl+Alt+Del I can see on the "Processes" on the second leaf some CIV4 thing going on, and if I am patient enough, the CIV Gold will start to run, but until it starts it takes ridiculously long. Also if I exit, the mod wil not be on on the second start, I have to put it on again..
Why do you think this is?

I also tried to put the Document&settings XML mod = 0 to mod = 1 but it makes no difference.. Thanks for help if any is given.

I run WinXP Pro, CIV4 BTS 3.17 and Gold+patch.

Current loading times are longer than with other mods, yes (estimated at 5-10 mins loading time, depending on your PC).
You can preselect any mod with the Mod Chooser mod.;)

Hey, after I installed the mod, I came across with the 'XML Load Error' problem. It says LoadXML call failed for modules/custom civilizations.... any ideas to fix this problem??

That's a Microsoft XML Parser error. What kind of OS are you running? Vista, XP?

Hi all,

I've installed Civ4 Gold 3.0 BTS in the mods folder, after that I've loaded the game and the mod, the menu screen has changed and it displays Civ Gold logo but neither on the single player nor the multiplayer are the new civilizations of the mod. :sad:

Is any patch or further configuration required?

My version is in spanish.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same trouble with CIV GOLD Version 4, and CIV GOLD NoM....
My version is in italian... Please HELP ME!!!

Ugh...could I get a non-self-extracting install-file, please? I'm tired of the EXE continually failing at various points in the installation...

Sorry for the late reply.

That's odd. Are you getting messages or does it just crash?

I have the same trouble with CIV GOLD Version 4, and CIV GOLD NoM....
My version is in italian... Please HELP ME!!!

I'll check to make sure there are no issues with non-English versions, but check your _CiV4Config ini file to make sure modular loading=1. Make sure that's the case for the mod ini file as well.

Also, when you extract the file (run the .exe) it creates the new directories automatically. Did you create a directory first?

I cant get most of the leaders/civs it keeps saying "Cannot read" so and so and 90% of the leaders are missing please help

Hi there

My config: Asus laptop, dual core T5800 with 4 gb of RAM, GeForce 9650M GT 1024 mem (OS Vista home 32 bit)

Playing on BTS with amra modpack. the mod included relative to bombardements seem to be DMC Dale's combat mod or something like that.

My problem is that i just can't bombard anymore. I got the button to clic on to bombard, but i try left clic or right clic, with ctrl or maj or whatever, nothing happens, the unit hasn't moved, still possible to do something, but it is just not possible to bombard.

Anyone has a piece of clue? ty

Help! your mod is awesome but it says "path is incorrect default path is civilazation_leader_Defines"
Any help would be incredibly appreciated.
Thanks

One bug I found is in the team colours for the Toltecs and Romanians. It said they were fixed in patch 4.2, but I find them still to have no colours. How do I alter this?

Top Bottom