1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Astax, Jun 18, 2008.

1. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

okay, so with bug/bat unloaded I no longer see the variable names, but I still do not see turns until unit completion or growth on the world map

2. snoopy369

snoopy369 Apolytoner at large

I'd assume it's some sort of mod-related issue... in my clean install that is not a problem for me.

Are you sure you have Detailed City Information set as an option? The patch (for me at least) wiped out the Civilization4.ini file, resetting all options...

3. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Thanks for the link Snoopy. I'm at work, so can't access the main site. Work blocks the main site, but not the forums. :mischief:

4. Black_Pegasus

Black_Pegasus Caesura

i downloaded it from the in game menu and it said it will now close so it can install but it never prompted the installation...:(

5. snoopy369

Working at 11pm is lots of fun, I imagine... ;) (My GF is still brewing cell cultures or somesuch... blech, I prefer my 8-5-or-maybe-7-at-worst... :) )

6. snoopy369

If it does that then go to the location I mentioned earlier. For most users with default installs in XP it is:

My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Patch\

(that should work in XP, as is; full path of course is
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Patch\ )

There should be a file Patch_v317.exe there.

7. Balderstrom

Balderstrom Emperor

Make sure you don't have the "WIde City Bar" mod, that could be interferring. Also go into Options, Graphics, uncheck "Detailed City Info", [exit]; go back in and toggle the checkbox back on.

8. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Can you check the folder to see if the patch is there then? If so I'm pretty sure you could just run the patch from there. According to snoopy in a post above, the folder should be My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Patch

EDIT ah nvm snoopy answer already :)

9. Black_Pegasus

Black_Pegasus Caesura

thank you very much...im installing it right now...:)

10. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

@ snoopy
    you were right. I forgot to check the box when I fixed my options, apparently this was happening all along, I just didn't notice until after slavery. Thanks.

11. Dagta

Dagta Chieftain

How did you uninstall BUG?

12. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Is this for all units, or only those who also get amphibious assault penalties? I'd prefer the later.

Thats good, but I always found it more annoying when your cities asked to be liberated to a civ with whom you are at war. Is that prevented too?

What does this do?

I don't suppose they also decided that you should be able to purchase visibility and techs before purchasing a city in Advanced Start games, did they? Or letting you select which city should be your capital rather than just always making the city you placed just so you could purchase visibility to find a better location be the capital. Those things have always annoyed me.

(I haven't downloaded the patch yet because I'd rather not give up FfH while I wait for Kael to release a 3.17 compatible version, or I'd just see for myself.)

13. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Partisan event early in the game makes no sense, barb uprising is a huge boost. I'm not sure I want more barb ships to pillage but maybe it won't be as bad as implied.

14. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Added "No Espionage" game option
    (Espionage points become culture points instead)

An interesting consequence of this is that on quick speed your capital city gets its second expansion after 9 turns. 1 turn to get first expansion then 8 for the next.

Normally it would take 25 turns to reach the second expansion on quick speed.

15. Sam_Yeager

Sam_Yeager Another Original Geezer

Thanks for posting the revised changelog snoopy. :thanx:

16. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

17. Snazzye

Snazzye Chieftain

do you have to download one of the previous patches before this to apply the new one? Thanks

18. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

No, you only need the latest patch.

19. Mesousa

Mesousa -8.38 -6.67

How would anyone be in Emancipation early in the game for that event to trigger? They didn't change that requirement.

20. Kesshi

Kesshi Emperor

Mesousa,

Previous versions would trigger the partisan event under any labor civic, not just Emancipation. This bug was fixed in the latest patch. That is what they are talking about.