Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Good to see this one. I'm standing by now to see if there are some reports of unexpected behaviour.

Weird. I get the "No updates available at this time" from in-game. Guess I have to download it and force it on..

I have waited so long for no CD! I was debating buying the Complete Edition just so I could play without it but now there is no need.

Yeah, me too. Bad marketing decision. They should have waited.
Anyway, WinMerge time. I've never used it on .cv or .cy files, I wonder if it messes them up.

Anyway, WinMerge time. I've never used it on .cv or .cy files, I wonder if it messes them up.
It works. But much like Python, sometimes it gets confused by code changes and you have to edit it manually. But so long as the changes are distinct and can be easily cut and pasted, winmerge works just fine.

I entered the MP lobby this afternoon, and lo-and-behold, a new patch is downloading, version 3.19. Patch notes:

- Fixed Team Battleground map script to distribute hills better and work around team-counting problem

And I have to put in my own credits ...

- special thanks to Ruff_Hi for fixing the map script that his original v3.17 changes screwed up :D

Oh god!! :eek: I'll have to merge all SDK, XML and Python files to upgrade my MOD :crazyeye:

I just hope this new patch is worth its size :lol:

:woohoo::run:

Booty dance! Uh! Booty dance!

So I've been on a multi-hour safari through the new SDK code, and I've discovered some really tasty bits. They've moved a rather substantial amount of interface stuff to the DLL.

And while the dreaded gamefonts continues to exist, we now have a lot more control over them! In fact, if what I'm seeing is right, we can add our own fonts for any new info types we might add. So if you wanted to have Sects as distinct from Religions, you could now have fonts for them. Or if you wanted Ideologies, you could do that too.

There's a number of other nifty stuff that's been exposed, but to be honest, I'm not sure how to apply them yet.

Unfortunately, they didn't fix the one thing I really wanted which was to expose more of the diplomacy code to the DLL... but oh well.

Since we have a lot more control over the game fonts... do you think it might be possible for modders in the future to remove them completely? For now it doesn't impact me much since I pretty much plan to never touch those files again, but if I do any major mods after I finish Star Trek, it could become an issue.

So, does 3.19 make BTS and Complete compatible for MP purposes, or does this mean that I need to patch comnplete already?

deanej: Depends on what you mean by "remove them completely"... if you mean, have food appear as the word "Food" as opposed to :food:, or "Hammers" instead of :hammers:, then yes. That's pretty much always been possible.

If you mean have it pull from some DDS file, then no. I don't think that'll ever be possible.

I kinda wish they'd chucked some of the interface goodies from Colonization into this, but I guess they have all sorts of reasons why they can't or wouldn't do that.

I kinda wish they'd chucked some of the interface goodies from Colonization into this.

Which ones? Graphics like the reflective water or round minimap, or are you talking about functional UI changes?

And here I thought that Firaxis had left us to the wolves! I'm certainly pleased to see this. Although you guys really should have patched in a Pro/Org civ...

Where did you see that VoU ?

CvGame.normalizeAddRiver (CvGame.cpp)

One thing I find very odd is that there are a lot of cosmetic changes to the code - as though the team had a new coding standards nazi, albeit one who knows a little bit about C++.

CvGame.normalizeAddRiver (CvGame.cpp)

One thing I find very odd is that there are a lot of cosmetic changes to the code - as though the team had a new coding standards nazi, albeit one who knows a little bit about C++.
....no more of the dreaded "Desert River" tiles when there is a resources on the river? This would be amazing, if they finally fixed that.

Top Bottom