1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Speaker, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Solver

Solver Civ4/5 beta tester

Good to see this one. I'm standing by now to see if there are some reports of unexpected behaviour.

2. peteraske

peteraske Chieftain

Weird. I get the "No updates available at this time" from in-game. Guess I have to download it and force it on..

3. Tholish

Tholish Chieftain

Yeah, me too. Bad marketing decision. They should have waited.
    Anyway, WinMerge time. I've never used it on .cv or .cy files, I wonder if it messes them up.

4. phungus420

phungus420 Chieftain

It works. But much like Python, sometimes it gets confused by code changes and you have to edit it manually. But so long as the changes are distinct and can be easily cut and pasted, winmerge works just fine.

5. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

And I have to put in my own credits ...

- special thanks to Ruff_Hi for fixing the map script that his original v3.17 changes screwed up :D

6. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

7. The_Triturador

The_Triturador Chieftain

Oh god!! :eek: I'll have to merge all SDK, XML and Python files to upgrade my MOD :crazyeye:

I just hope this new patch is worth its size :lol:

8. kooboo

kooboo Lurker

Wow, new patch!
    I'm looking forward for Civ I patch now :lol:

j/k, great job Firaxis :D

9. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

:woohoo::run:

Booty dance! Uh! Booty dance!

So I've been on a multi-hour safari through the new SDK code, and I've discovered some really tasty bits. They've moved a rather substantial amount of interface stuff to the DLL.

And while the dreaded gamefonts continues to exist, we now have a lot more control over them! In fact, if what I'm seeing is right, we can add our own fonts for any new info types we might add. So if you wanted to have Sects as distinct from Religions, you could now have fonts for them. Or if you wanted Ideologies, you could do that too.

There's a number of other nifty stuff that's been exposed, but to be honest, I'm not sure how to apply them yet.

Unfortunately, they didn't fix the one thing I really wanted which was to expose more of the diplomacy code to the DLL... but oh well.

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Since we have a lot more control over the game fonts... do you think it might be possible for modders in the future to remove them completely? For now it doesn't impact me much since I pretty much plan to never touch those files again, but if I do any major mods after I finish Star Trek, it could become an issue.

11. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Chieftain

So, does 3.19 make BTS and Complete compatible for MP purposes, or does this mean that I need to patch comnplete already?

12. VoiceOfUnreason

VoiceOfUnreason Chieftain

Oh Sweet!

Code:
    // add floodplains to any desert tiles the new river passes through

13. Balderstrom

Balderstrom Chieftain

2KGames prolly made some money on Civ4: Complete and were able to pay the Civ4 Devs ;-)

14. Dom Pedro II

deanej: Depends on what you mean by "remove them completely"... if you mean, have food appear as the word "Food" as opposed to :food:, or "Hammers" instead of :hammers:, then yes. That's pretty much always been possible.

If you mean have it pull from some DDS file, then no. I don't think that'll ever be possible.

15. Dom Pedro II

I kinda wish they'd chucked some of the interface goodies from Colonization into this, but I guess they have all sorts of reasons why they can't or wouldn't do that.

16. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Chieftain

Which ones? Graphics like the reflective water or round minimap, or are you talking about functional UI changes?

17. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

Where did you see that VoU ?

18. Jabarto

Jabarto Chieftain

And here I thought that Firaxis had left us to the wolves! I'm certainly pleased to see this. Although you guys really should have patched in a Pro/Org civ...

19. VoiceOfUnreason

VoiceOfUnreason Chieftain

CvGame.normalizeAddRiver (CvGame.cpp)

One thing I find very odd is that there are a lot of cosmetic changes to the code - as though the team had a new coding standards nazi, albeit one who knows a little bit about C++.

20. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

....no more of the dreaded "Desert River" tiles when there is a resources on the river? This would be amazing, if they finally fixed that.