Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

It should be much harder because it is much easier and faster to get the AP than the UN, and also more easily manipulated.

Sorry 'bout the ancient bump, but do the patch notes here apply to mods such as Next War in addition to the core game? Thankyou...

Sorry 'bout the ancient bump, but do the patch notes here apply to mods such as Next War in addition to the core game? Thankyou...

This is more a question for the creators of the mod than for this thread, I think.

But Next War is an official mod integrated in BtS, like Final Frontier and Broken Star.

The official patches patch the official mods (at least, the ones that get patched). There are even usually separate sections in the patch notes for each mod that was specifically patched, although this is not be the case for 3.19 (3.13 had a specific Nest War section), and they pick up any relevant changes for the base BtS files like the changes to the DLL (I think the only mod that comes with BtS that uses a custom DLL is Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, although I'm not sure of that).

They also patch, effectively, all the other "unoffical" mods too, although the extent varies. Any mod that uses a custom DLL will not get the DLL changes in the patch (unless the mod is updated to match) and may actually break (since the EXE may require some of the changes done to the DLL, it checks the version). Any XML file that the mod replaces won't get the changes in the patch (unless mod is updated). Any Python files that the mod replaces won't get the changes in the patch (unless updated - see a pattern here?).

td;dr : The official patches keep the official mods up to date. It does not break them.

I knew it didn't break them, but I was mainly curious in regards to the Next War mod, since it was basically an addon, and if it counted the base files' changes and balances during a patch. According to your answer, it seems as such, which is awesome. Thanks for the answer!

I'm installing BTS on my laptop, and the patch installer won't give me an option to choose where to point it; it insists on C disk when I wish to use D disk, where I have put the game. Can anyone help with this?

Try connecting BtS to the internet lobby? Then it should automatically patch your game.

Does anyone know a working 3.19 patch? I know Civ iv is completely outdated but I love it :(((:)cry:

I know what you mean - for me, Civ 5 is unplayable because of the dreaded checkerboard bug - and this is on a Q6700 system with a 1GB Graphics card (Radeon HD 5450) so it is not my system. I therefore reinstalled my old Civ IV Complete and I got my vanilla installation updated by starting BTS, and going into "Advanced" and then "Check for Updates" - this patched everything to the latest versions and I got 3.19 installed.

Hope this helps

Does anyone know a working 3.19 patch? I know Civ iv is completely outdated but I love it :(((:)cry:

Well, all 3.19 patches should work. However, Vista/Win7 OS can cause issues. The auto-install from inside the game can be unreliable on these OS's.

Download the patch directly from CFC. Make sure when you run the executable that you select "Run as Administrator" from the right-click context menu.

If you still have issues, we would need more information as it may be vendor specific or some other issue related to PC config.

There is a tech forum here to by the way.

CIV IV is far from completed out-dated - it will never be outdated, especially if Failaxis keeps spitting out crap like CIV V and does not make anything comparable to Civ IV in the future.

The built in patcher in CIV frequently does not work properly. Instead, download the 3.19 patch from the links on the forums. Use the drop down menu Civ4 at the top of any forum page; then the Downloads link; page down the resulting list to the Patches link. A link to the 3.19 patch is right at the top of the page that links to. Use that link to get a working 3.19 patch and then install it as directed. This is for a disc based CIV. If your CIV is from a download source, such as Steam or Amazon, you have to use their patch program. Unfortunately, each of the download sources have decided to install the program differently, so their patches are required if the game came from them.

The CFC version of the patch works with some direct download copies of BTS. Steam has a self-updater so it should be patched automatically (and if you used STeam you'd probably not be having an issue). I don't know about Amazon download service, but sometimes vendors have their own version of a patch specific to their copy of the game.

The regular patch should work fine with DD copies from Gamersgate or Gamefly.

Newbie Qs: What patch should I play for BTS? If I want to install 3.19 patch do I hv to dwnload and install the previous patches also, or just the latest one? Is 3.19 patch working nicely or 3.17 is the stable one?

Thanks in advance .. :)

3.19 has been out for almost four years, it works fine. To the best of my knowledge you shouldn't have to install anything prior to 3.19, as long as you have some version of BtS it should load.

That link forwards to the dead one in my post.

In any case, it's not what I asked.

Top Bottom