Civ4 Warlords - OT game?

Are you interested in playing an OT Warlords multiplayer starting 1st August?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with ending this with current scores as final positions. I wouldn't mind some sort of final battle - either a free for all or a pile-on Sparta, just to see if he is as powerful as the score claims ;)

I concede. I just don't think I'm ever going to get the hang of playing other human opponents. :(

I agree, but I certainly learnt a few things from playing such a large multiplayer game :)

I dont mind either way, i'd much prefer if kan/azza would help knock out sparta but if that ain't going to happen theres no point in continuing.

I was implying that I would be happy for an all-out attack on Sparta after using our current scores as final tallies. Only if he agrees to it, of course.

I've put an in-game diplo message for Sparta, a PM, and I renamed a galleon "SpartaCkUrPMs" near where he probably has a submarine patrolling. If he doesn't answer up here by tomorrow morning, I'm going to take the game down until he does.

Oh, man - I hadn't seen this until just now. Sorry guys for my delayed response here; it had been a crazy week at work and I hadn't been on CFC much lately.

I guess that's cool with me too; I can understand that it could be getting boring to play out what is seeming more and more inevitable.

I'd skipped the last UN vote because I didn't want to win that way, but just in case it gets to another one, I'll call the diplo vote to get the game over with. Otherwise if you want to just retire the game to free up a box that's fine with me, IglooDude.

I was just going to switch back to Vassalage and Theocracy tomorrow (this was my first manic-switching Spiritual game, and I've gotta say, it is pretty enjoyable), at which point I'd have been capable of producing every final unit in the game sans nukes, and they'd all have been three-promotion troops everywhere and FIVE-promotion troops in my 180-hpt military city Vienne (21 XP apiece, as a Charismatic leader - Commando Modern Armor straight off the line :evil: ). Oh and three-pomo medic-enabled units in my navy-capable Ironworks city of Cuzco. It would've been sweet. It would have been a few turns after BCLG got back though before I launched the final invasion, as its ambitions grew with the delay, but if we all just abandon the game that's fine anyway, since with modern armor it would've been pretty impossible to stop IMHO. Oh yeah, and I capped off infantry production upon reaching an even hundred a few days ago, so the home front was being held down pretty well by this point also. Anyway though ...

It has been an honor and a privilege playing with all of you - thank you for the opportunity. My theoretically coming out on top had a lot to do with the continuous support of Davo, Branagawa, Kan' Sharuminar, and azzaman333, so I'd like to thank all of them for their loyalty and assistance, without which it would've been a drastically different game. Had Kan' and Branagawa not invaded Matrix at the precise time that they did, I really think Matrix and Acronymania could have overwhelmed me, and who knows where the game would have gone from there.

Nonetheless, I am reserving the right to shameless bragging pics in this thread should we all agree that the game is indeed over - I'm still dying a little on the inside to think of abandoning my envisioned massive blitzkrieg operations after such a long stalemate with BCLG ...

Anyway, it's been great playing with all of you, and thanks again for the opportunity. This and the original CivIVor were my only Civ4 multiplayer experience beyond two-player games, and they were both tremendously interesting and enjoyable. It is certainly a far cry from playing a bunch of AI; the game seems so much more complex and diplomatically oriented this way. Good times. :)

Oh and IglooDude, I'd meant to PM you last night, but thanks for the heads up to check my PM's (courtesy of 'SpartaCkUrPMs' the galleon). If I do wind up playing my turn today, I'll give him another turn of amnesty while he hoists the white flag, but there is going to be a carrier group watching him return home, just so you know. ;)

So close to that fifth GG MI and permanently abandoning Vassalage for Free Speech, and yet so far ...

Thanks again guys, and have a great weekend. :)

I had somehow missed the last page of responses until just now, but if everyone else would theoretically be okay with having an all-out attack on me, I'd love to do so - it would be a much more entertaining and less anticlimactic ending, IMHO. If you guys agree to that, and IglooDude can spare the machine for a bit longer, by all means, go for it. I won't even counterattack into any former allies' lands, if it helps. But yeah, everyone go ahead and declare on me this turn, and go for it. I will wait until late in the turn cycle to do my turn of response. I am going to do a quick login to use a bunch of promotions on BCLG's border in case he decides to attack this turn as well; I won't be moving any units though until later tonight. If we still have to pull the game, that's fine, but everyone can feel free to take a shot at me until we do - it will be a good test of my defenses. :)

Spoiler :

(I'd actually had 2-1 odds of accomplishing the same, with an incidentally simultaneous Great General as well, a century and ten years sooner even, but spawned a GM on the long odds unfortunately (Oh and to explain, I've had the GA from Music and the GP that was my first great person up my sleeve all game long for an emergency golden age if need be; once I got halfway from there to all five I'd decided to see if I could get all five simultaneously.).)

I was implying that I would be happy for an all-out attack on Sparta after using our current scores as final tallies. Only if he agrees to it, of course.

I had somehow missed the last page of responses until just now, but if everyone else would theoretically be okay with having an all-out attack on me, I'd love to do so - it would be a much more entertaining and less anticlimactic ending, IMHO. If you guys agree to that, and IglooDude can spare the machine for a bit longer, by all means, go for it. I won't even counterattack into any former allies' lands, if it helps. But yeah, everyone go ahead and declare on me this turn, and go for it. I will wait until late in the turn cycle to do my turn of response. I am going to do a quick login to use a bunch of promotions on BCLG's border in case he decides to attack this turn as well; I won't be moving any units though until later tonight. If we still have to pull the game, that's fine, but everyone can feel free to take a shot at me until we do - it will be a good test of my defenses. :)

All out war would be a good way to pass the time until the inevitable BtS CivIVor. :mischief:

It's been a pleasure to play with you as well, Sparta - certainly taught me the advantage of having powerful friends. Now, can we all agree to launch an all-out assault on him? :mischief:

azzaman333 said:
All out war would be a good way to pass the time until the inevitable BtS CivIVor.

Ah, the true reasons for Igloodude wanting to end the game become clear. He wants to host the first BtS game as well!

;)

I definitely agree with the all-out war idea if it could work, but I'd had another idea as well, in case it could be of any use regarding the oil situation. Depending on how Kan' feels about it, he could potentially continue official neutrality while feeding azzaman units, so that he could act as an intermediary to route oil from me to IglooDude, VRWCAgent, and/or BCLG. I've got four extra sources now that I can build offshore platforms, so I can supply a couple to the alliance if it might help to keep things a bit more interesting. Just a thought though.

Maybe this is too inevitable anyway though, in which case pulling it is fine by me as well. Whatever everyone thinks would be best.

Well really we have no need of oil as we have nothing to do with it :) not checked the tech screen recently guys? ;)

I think declaring Sparta the winner and then having a 'world vs. Sparta' warfest would be a great way to end this - I'm really in no hurry to take the pitboss server down, I just felt like there was an awful lot of boring turns (for most of us anyway) leading to an inevitable result.

So let's get it on and start earning Great Generals! :D

Congratulations to Sparta, winner of CivIVor: Warlords!! :goodjob: :trophy:

In addition to a :trophy2: Sparta wins a guaranteed slot in any future CivIVor game, and a much greater likelihood that people are going to :bowdown: while secretly planning to :backstab: in future games.

In solid second place, Azzaman333 :trophy2nd:

And in third place, a tie between Kan_Sharuminar (who had third place in score when we agreed to finalize the results) and BCLG100 (who had third place in score when I recorded the scores) :trophy3rd:

And thanks everyone for playing!

Yeah! ... I wont say that saprta won because of my Kamikaze sacrifice for his glorious nation. Anyhoo great game all ..... too bad I wasent able to finish it.

Congrats to our alliance!

Did BCLG just lose four cities in one turn? :eek: Oh the humanity!! :cry:

Yeah, and unfortunately, one of them was the one I had just sent the Great General to and gifted.

Yeah, and unfortunately, one of them was the one I had just sent the Great General to and gifted.

Don't feel bad, I sent all the survivors of the recent (successful, thanks to your help) attack on Sparta's blocking stack to a city that must now be gone. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom