[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Looks like they figured it out on my end. I'm not an owner of the actual Anthology, but do have all the DLC.

Edit: Nevermind. I can't actually get it through checkout. "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please wait a few minutes and try again."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 22-34-37 Save 90% on Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI on Steam.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 22-34-37 Save 90% on Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI on Steam.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 54
Seems like the patch (after the one that broke everything) wasn't done correctly to Linux. I have almost all my DLC apart from the New Frontiers Pass and the gamemodes (apart from Apocalypse, strangely enough), and the intro screen seems to be different to what it was before. It's noticeably quieter. But I still have Gathering Storm and Rise & Fall loaded. version 1.0.1.104 (194096)

Edit: It seems like that patch just never arrived. Ignore this!

Last edited:
Yup, it produces an error at this point. :/
I'm pretty sure that means you have it installed, you just can't access it yet. After all, you can't buy something you already have.

I forgot this was coming out and started a new civ 5 game yesterday. When I saw the civ 6 DL I thought "oh damn, guess I should drop that 5 game and go to 6". But the way this thread's going... I'll probably have time to finish my 5 game

I'm pretty sure that means you have it installed, you just can't access it yet. After all, you can't buy something you already have.
I don't own the Anthology. It looks to me like us non-Anthology/all-DLC owners will have to 0-dollar "purchase" the Anthology to get the Leader Pass.

(...or pay 20 bucks for the single DLC of course, but that would be dumb.)

Not entirely - Civ allows people who don't own the DLC to play with it in MP with owners who do, so it has to have the files somewhere... I never knew this because... I always buy it Day 1 xD

Looks like they figured it out on my end. I'm not an owner of the actual Anthology, but do have all the DLC.

Edit: Nevermind. I can't actually get it through checkout. "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please wait a few minutes and try again."
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll be the bearer of bad news.

That error has existed since the launch of Anthology. The Teddy and Catherine Personas appear as "free" in the Anthology for people who didn't buy the NFP bundle, but attempting to get it results in an error.

The only difference now is that this error is also including the Leader Pass.

This is what I mean: as you can see, in my case Catherine also isn't faded, yet I have been waiting months now for them to fix it (AT LEAST LET ME BUY IT! JUST LET ME PAY YOU MONEY TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!)
1669067233723.png

Anyway, who knows, maybe those two Personas will be fixed with the rest of it...

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll be the bearer of bad news.

That error has existed since the launch of Anthology. The Teddy and Catherine Personas appear as "free" in the Anthology for people who didn't buy the NFP bundle, but attempting to get it results in an error.

The only difference now is that this error is also including the Leader Pass.

This is what I mean: as you can see, in my case Catherine also isn't faded, yet I have been waiting months now for them to fix it (AT LEAST LET ME BUY IT! JUST LET ME PAY YOU MONEY TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!)
View attachment 645683

Anyway, who knows, maybe those two Personas will be fixed with the rest of it...
Well dang. I do have the two personas from whatever bundle they came with though. 🤷‍♂️

The files should already have been dowloaded to everyone that received the second 5.04GB hotfix update. You should have a folder called "GreatNegotiators" inside the game's DLC folder. It's just a matter now of Firaxis working through everyone to determine who meets the requirements to activate the DLC (i.e. show that they own it).

Top Bottom