• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

I'm betting Nzinga will get combat bonuses based on how many alliances she has. It may be considered boring, but I also think it's very thematic considering her history.
That'll probably have something to do wtih it, but given what the official website said, it'll probably include other stuff as well.
Is Harald actually being made a leader for England? Or is he just being thrown in?
Possibly, but we'll have to wait and see.

Is Harald actually being made a leader for England? Or is he just being thrown in?

Probably thrown in. He never really was king of England.... then again Nzinga Mbande was never queen of Kongo so it's a hard call.

By the by, anyone notice how Queen Mbande's colors are taken from that excellent Civ V mod?

He appears to just be included in the England pack, but the way he is listed shows he is still only for Norway
Sneaky feeling he will be the dual civ leader? Both Harald and England are equipped with navy infrastructure, right? So at least he won't run into the Eleanor conundrum. Just a guess.

I'm betting Nzinga will get combat bonuses based on how many alliances she has.
That's also the ability of the Hungarian Huszar so I would image she'll get something different.

By the by, anyone notice how Queen Mbande's colors are taken from that excellent Civ V mod?
Those are actually one of Kongo's alt color schemes in the game already.

Last edited:
How do you mean? Where did they specify anything about Mbande Nzinga other than that she'll be in the Great Negotiators pack?
Each leader will arrive with a suite of surprising new or updated abilities alongside inventive new agendas that'll change the way you play when pursuing world domination.
Now, to be fair, I could be completely wrong about this. However, given the fact that the NFP contained many assymetrical Abilities, it's possible we could get Abilities more Unique than before.

I wouldn't be surprised if this originally started out as the NFP2 or whatever and then got scaled down because of other concerns. As much as I'm still enjoying Civ6 its definitely showing its age, the tech and civic trees especially, and I feel like this is last hurrah of the game before Civ7 is announced.

I am happy with China getting several leaders. If any Civ deserves it, it is China. Kinda displeased by how many leader slots have been to England. Would have also strongly preferred an alt leader given to Arabia rather than just a reskin of Saladin but overall, I am pleased.

I wouldn't be surprised if this originally started out as the NFP2 or whatever and then got scaled down because of other concerns. As much as I'm still enjoying Civ6 its definitely showing its age, the tech and civic trees especially, and I feel like this is last hurrah of the game before Civ7 is announced.
Never say it's the end, there's always one more turn. :D

Is there a difference between the two besides the fact that they're different people? I'm curious here, what did they do different from each other?
I mean one of them is mostly known for being killed by Cortes, and the other as one of the main architect of Tenochtitlan’s domination over the triple alliance and of the Aztec Empire as a whole.

It does feel like there was some kind of upheaval going on there right around the 30th anniversary time. That sounds like a good guess.

ok read through this and gave it some thoughts

abe, ramses, bess, nzinga, yongle, sundiata, theodora: all excellent choices that i'm very excited for.
nader shah - finally an islamic leader for persia! seems like a warmonger type of choice on paper though, while i would have liked a more cultural oriented leader (after cyrus has been, somewhat misguidedly, been made into The Backstabber). nader could fill that cultural/economic role but not when slotted into a Great Conqueror dlc pack lol. still, an exciting choice.
wu zetian - surprised to see her back; not my first (or second, or forty-seventh.) choice for a female leader but i love a good villainess, so no complaints when ed gets to live his cersei fetish. however, we already have plenty of chinese leaders and villainous female leaders, so, i'm not sure what added value does wu zetian brings to the table, exactly? maybe catherine was too controversial in the current political situation. but i cannot wait for the whopping five ways to abuse great walls and eureka's, i guess.
sejong - on paper a great choice, sadly he leads an absurdly broken / incredibly boring civ so my excitement for him can be found somewhere below sea level.
surely there were better choices than ludwig ii for germany? Don't mind the departure from a warmongering germany but if you wanted a builder, conrad adenauer and bismarck were right there? if you wanted to go culture why not louis xiv or augustus caesar? i'll take it, but he stands out as the only questionable choice in an otherwise ironclad line-up.

won't comment too much on the reskins, but what a cruel joke to leave Steampunk Victoria for the last dlc. :(:( oh well, maybe workshop of the world will be less of a joke after march next year. :p

I haven't read through the entire thread here so apologies if this has been answered already.

I've got all base game, all the DLC and Season Pass - is that the same thing as "owning the Anthology"? I checked Steam and I don't see a price or option to buy. Not sure if it's not available yet OR if I'll get it for free?

I haven't read through the entire thread here so apologies if this has been answered already.

I've got all base game, all the DLC and Season Pass - is that the same thing as "owning the Anthology"? I checked Steam and I don't see a price or option to buy. Not sure if it's not available yet OR if I'll get it for free?
I'd wait until the first pack drops.

As long as you have every single DLC, you are qualified.

Top Bottom