[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

So many leaps of faith, so little info, it's starting to piss me off.

Well, but that's exactly what a Pass like this is meant to be, hardly to be pissed off.

Just buy the individual DLC. It's what I decided to do. A bit more expensive but I'd rather spread the cost over a year.

I think it was meant to be smaller than we're used to, because now we gonna get patches every Month. We won't need to wait long for more fixes/updates.

Is it really a patch every month or every 2 months?
Firaxis would really have to test a lot. Or is the in between patch more of a hotfix

Is it really a patch every month or every 2 months?
Firaxis would really have to test a lot. Or is the in between patch more of a hotfix
They haven't said there would be an update every month, no. Some free balance patches "in-between" the dlc is what they said.

My game is downloading the base game update. Veeeeeery slowly.

My partner suggested shopping around to see if I can find the DLC pass any cheaper elsewhere. It's not on Isthereanydeal.com. I'm assuming it's pretty much a given it's not going to be discounted anywhere, at least not for quite a while?

40€ in Finland, which is ~44$. Not too much for the content in my opinion.

The game seems to crash now in DX12 mode but luckily works with DX11 (5700XT with latest drivers).

My partner suggested shopping around to see if I can find the DLC pass any cheaper elsewhere. It's not on Isthereanydeal.com. I'm assuming it's pretty much a given it's not going to be discounted anywhere, at least not for quite a while?
GMG reportedly has its usual discount

Personally, I mostly buy at Gamesplanet, if a game is available there. They usually grant a day-one 10% price reduction. The german youtuber "Writing Bull" oftentimes manages to get an additional 5% deal on top of this. Use the voucher code "ONEMORECIV" when buying. (If you use his shop link, he will get the usual share - which is not mandatory, but a nice thing to do).

Hence, the 'New Frontier Pass" will cost 34,19€ instead of 39,99€. Not as significant as a price reductions during a later sale, but not bad for day one.

Unfortunately, the pass is not listed right now. Apparently, it will be online later today and I will have to wait just a little bit longer ...

Some interesting stuff coming by the looks of things

Personally not sure i am not sure i want to spend £33.00 on 2 new civs at this stage, but i may buy the maya- would love to hear from those who play them through a game to find out if they really do offer a viable 'tall' game, as i am a bit bored of 'spread like crazy'

I don't think we'll see any significant change to the AI with these fixes. I think Firaxis believes the AI is in a good spot, and will only do minor improvements from now on.

Totally disagree here.
the fact that the AI keeps to be tunned in every patch, if anything suggest the opposite.
The AI needs to be built and tested step by step.

Also you shoud note that they also worked with the Red Death AI, and presumably with the AI for the new mod.

I would say also that the current AI deserves more credit, for example I think currently, the AI is better at deffending than in any other past iteration of the game.

Just a short update for those interested: The pass is available now!

I was happily surprised, that apparently the relevant data was already downloaded with the free patch. Hence no additional waiting time was necessary. Lady Six Sky, here I come! May the asteroids spare your realm ...
Good to know!

I went with Green Man Gaming in the end, but unfortunately am in limbo because it wouldn't take my order but PayPal charged me for it all the same :mad: Hopefully they get back to me later today!

I got mine from GMG too, blackcatatonic. -14% didn't seem like a lot but I'll take it.
The discount is decent as long as you actually get the game :lol:

Really disappointed in GMG - they are usually much better than this. I couldn't call them either as their call centre is closed (understandably). So now I'm just hitting F5 on my emails. Sigh. Not what I wanted to be doing on release day, especially when it's a work day I took as leave.

Just bought on GMG for $34.39 - 14% discount is not too shabby.

gmg purchase.PNG

The immediate key upon purchase is new (but welcome)? It's been a while since I bought anything from them (I think since Gathering Storm... :lol:), and I remember always having to wait for the email.

I went with Green Man Gaming in the end, but unfortunately am in limbo because it wouldn't take my order but PayPal charged me for it all the same :mad: Hopefully they get back to me later today!

:sad: That stinks...hopefully they take care of it soon. I've never had anything but fantastic experiences with GMG, in fact I think I've bought all the Civ 6 content from them due to their pre-order and launch day discounts.

unfortunately, due to the disproportion of the price here in Brazil (whether due to exchange rate variation or not), paying 230.00 reais, and the value of the transfers did not reach 80.00 reais is not worth it. Firax I will spend on other games for now.

I have been reading but I couldn't find anything about the deluxe edition... I have the deluxe edition with both expansions, that was supposed to offer free DLC download content...
Do I need to pay for these extra DLCs or the frontier pass even when I have the Deluxe edition?

Top Bottom