1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Well, but that's exactly what a Pass like this is meant to be, hardly to be pissed off.

Just buy the individual DLC. It's what I decided to do. A bit more expensive but I'd rather spread the cost over a year.

2. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Is it really a patch every month or every 2 months?
    Firaxis would really have to test a lot. Or is the in between patch more of a hotfix

3. criZp

criZp Emperor

They haven't said there would be an update every month, no. Some free balance patches "in-between" the dlc is what they said.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  4. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

My game is downloading the base game update. Veeeeeery slowly.

My partner suggested shopping around to see if I can find the DLC pass any cheaper elsewhere. It's not on Isthereanydeal.com. I'm assuming it's pretty much a given it's not going to be discounted anywhere, at least not for quite a while?

5. Janskey

Janskey Prince

40€ in Finland, which is ~44$. Not too much for the content in my opinion.

The game seems to crash now in DX12 mode but luckily works with DX11 (5700XT with latest drivers).

6. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

GMG reportedly has its usual discount

blackcatatonic likes this.
  7. blackcatatonic

So it does! Thanks :)

DWilson likes this.
  8. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Personally, I mostly buy at Gamesplanet, if a game is available there. They usually grant a day-one 10% price reduction. The german youtuber "Writing Bull" oftentimes manages to get an additional 5% deal on top of this. Use the voucher code "ONEMORECIV" when buying. (If you use his shop link, he will get the usual share - which is not mandatory, but a nice thing to do).

Hence, the 'New Frontier Pass" will cost 34,19€ instead of 39,99€. Not as significant as a price reductions during a later sale, but not bad for day one.

Unfortunately, the pass is not listed right now. Apparently, it will be online later today and I will have to wait just a little bit longer ...

blackcatatonic likes this.
  9. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

Some interesting stuff coming by the looks of things

Personally not sure i am not sure i want to spend £33.00 on 2 new civs at this stage, but i may buy the maya- would love to hear from those who play them through a game to find out if they really do offer a viable 'tall' game, as i am a bit bored of 'spread like crazy'

10. Shibooyeah

Shibooyeah Chieftain

Alright well RIP me, it's not for sale for Mac on Steam. K.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  11. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

Totally disagree here.
    the fact that the AI keeps to be tunned in every patch, if anything suggest the opposite.
    The AI needs to be built and tested step by step.

Also you shoud note that they also worked with the Red Death AI, and presumably with the AI for the new mod.

I would say also that the current AI deserves more credit, for example I think currently, the AI is better at deffending than in any other past iteration of the game.

AntSou and CivLuvah like this.
  12. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

I wonder how they paid him, per leaders? Per pack? If per pack would he have already recorded all the forthcoming leaders ?

13. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Must be by the sentence. The Maya intro is pitifully short.

14. blackcatatonic

Good to know!

I went with Green Man Gaming in the end, but unfortunately am in limbo because it wouldn't take my order but PayPal charged me for it all the same :mad: Hopefully they get back to me later today!

15. blackcatatonic

The discount is decent as long as you actually get the game :lol:

Really disappointed in GMG - they are usually much better than this. I couldn't call them either as their call centre is closed (understandably). So now I'm just hitting F5 on my emails. Sigh. Not what I wanted to be doing on release day, especially when it's a work day I took as leave.

16. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Less than 2 hours in from installing the patch and I can tell you something I'm probably the only person will notice:

Simon Bolivar is rapid-fire deadly in a religious victory. The ability to promote-and-move apostles is amazing.

17. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Just bought on GMG for $34.39 - 14% discount is not too shabby.

gmg purchase.PNG

The immediate key upon purchase is new (but welcome)? It's been a while since I bought anything from them (I think since Gathering Storm... :lol:), and I remember always having to wait for the email.

:sad: That stinks...hopefully they take care of it soon. I've never had anything but fantastic experiences with GMG, in fact I think I've bought all the Civ 6 content from them due to their pre-order and launch day discounts.

DWilson, blackcatatonic and pokiehl like this.
  18. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

I've never bought anything this fast on Steam as this DLC. Excited! :D

Hawke9 likes this.
  19. Civbra

Civbra Warlord

unfortunately, due to the disproportion of the price here in Brazil (whether due to exchange rate variation or not), paying 230.00 reais, and the value of the transfers did not reach 80.00 reais is not worth it. Firax I will spend on other games for now.

yung.carl.jung likes this.
  20. blacai

blacai Chieftain

I have been reading but I couldn't find anything about the deluxe edition... I have the deluxe edition with both expansions, that was supposed to offer free DLC download content...
    Do I need to pay for these extra DLCs or the frontier pass even when I have the Deluxe edition?