1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

I agree.
    I could be broke in a couple months.
    Better to buy it now while I'm flush with cash.

2. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

I'm definitely buying the season pass. I've been really happy with vanilla, R+F, and GS and I don't see why this would be much different. Plus I get some persona packs out of it and I'm showing FXS I support them. Although they're probably the only company I would pre-buy from. In the past I pre-ordered from Bethesda, but we all know how that company turned out.

pokiehl likes this.
  3. Spaceturtle

Spaceturtle Chieftain

I agree with some other posters here, I would love to have more info on future DLCs to know if it will be worth it to spend 40€ on this.

Specifically, I would love more info on the new modes and extra content, because for me it's what will make this DLCs worth it, or not.

I know, I know... it's cool to have surprises and reveals. That works for new civs, because having new civs is always neat no matter what. But the new modes could be really awesome or something I would never ever play because maybe they're not what I'm looking for in civ. RIght now its a leap of faith.

I'm not saying 40€ for 6 DLC with 8 civs is some kind of huge ripoff, but its not cheap either (again, it will depend on the quality of the extra content). In general, I think DLCs and expansions for Civ 6 have been a bit on the expensive side for me.

Anyway, we'll see. I'll probably bite and buy it all, I'm not going to lie, because I'm thirsty for more civ content. But more info on new features would be nice :)

4. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

What it is important to keep in mind, thought, is this:

$40 is not that expensive but it's still a lot of money

What I mean is that NFP would probably be worthy of the price, but it's still a lot of money some people might not have the leisure to get out (I mean, if it wasn't for the lockdown, I'd probably have not the money for it (which is not a problem, I would just went negative on my bank account because I'm a slave to FXS)). Maybe it's a new way for Firaxis to allow people that want all the DLC to have it right at the beginning and people with more financial issues to be able to have all the experience but shared on a larger time.

5. Piranga

Piranga Warlord

I don't like the idea of getting a bunch of small modes over the course of a year, instead of one or two fully balanced core gameplay systems like we would in an expansion. Already the first game mode, the apocolypse disaster one, is something I know I won't bother playing ever. (crazy imbalanced game modes or random scenario's have never interested me)

I'll probably be buying it, as it is Civ my favorite franchise, but I would never buy something like this for any other company. Just a random unannounced road map of future potential game modes and content. Thats just asking to get ripped off.

I got to say, Im already nervous about the effort they're putting into the leaders with how lackluster Lady Six Sky is (my opinion of course. I don't care if your is different). The very second the Maya first look started, all I could think was Amanitore reskin...even before the idle animation comparison. Something like that will continuously annoy me from now on. I also don't care what so ever about Gran Columbia. I'm just hoping the leaders model is a bit more unique and not just a Pedro reskin with different military garb on.

Elhoim likes this.
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I already paid $40 dollars for new content and 8 civs with 9 leaders earlier with GS. It's not a big deal to me. The first 3 civs I wanted anyway. I'm also interested in the persona packs as well. This is what I get for always trying to be a completionist.
    The Apocalypse mode looks interesting but I'm not sure if I'll play with it all the time. I'm intrigued about Secret Societies.

7. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

The game modes are the most exciting part to me. I can't wait to put on Apocalypse mode and see the carnage and I doubt I'll ever play without it.

8. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not spending a lot of money at the moment and I'm spending an awful lot of time indoors, I think I can spare $40 to keep myself entertained.

Socrates- and blackcatatonic like this.
  9. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

That just isn't a helpful comparison. There are some for who $40 is irrelevant, and that doesn't justify the price either. People will always have varied economic situations. What is meaningful is how the price compares to its alternatives. So is the $40 on content here going to outweigh $40 of content elsewhere.

10. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

no firslook or livestream this morning ? it's past 10am EST, very very surprised !!! ;-(

11. xxhe

xxhe Prince

The Maya one was released at 11am EST. So probably this one

12. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I mean, I feel like I have to protest. There's a distinct model with a detailed costume, and mostly unique animations (and the shared idle animations may be gone by release). The bonus is unique. Whether you like it or not, I cannot buy that it's a lackluster effort.

Socrates- likes this.
  13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

So hopefully in 10 minutes.

14. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

Game modes are definitely the most interesting thing to me. Civs are not too different from each other (if you disagree try endless legends or endless space 2), so they honestly dont matter too much to me. Some of the most extreme cases, in civ6 perspective, can offer a genuinly different experience so I might be interested in that if it happens.

Edit: forgot the general patch notes. Also looking forward to them!

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Auda likes this.
  15. Fampat

Fampat Chieftain

16. Grand-Admiral Thrawn

Grand-Admiral Thrawn Chieftain

El dorado — 3 gold, 2 culture to each adjacent tile

bbbt likes this.
  17. Grand-Admiral Thrawn

Grand-Admiral Thrawn Chieftain

Commandant général looks really fun — now I don’t need encampments to get great generals, and offers a range of different abilities

18. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

ok so bolivar looks pretty nice but i have some questions regarding the new great generals: are they specific colombian generals or are they generic? are they regular generals with new abilities?

Gran Colombia does represent what I was afraid of from NF: it’s so generic. Because they chose not to do anything with Loyalty or specific war types because i believe some that would apply nicely to Colombia like liberation and reconquest didn’t exist in the base game

that said, it is generally representative of the civ imo.

And it looks fun to play.

And I actually called the llanero to be their unique unit, besides also getting the hacienda

19. Kibikus

Kibikus Prince

From what I saw, they still get regular great generals, and the combat bonuses from the two stack. And yes, only Colombia gets the Comandantes.

20. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

i didn’t ask whether other civ’s her comandantes, but you answered the question, so ok