1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Haig

Haig Deity

Love the first pack, I noticed on the GC first look video that there's some new ethnic art for the various units: the swordsman, knight and spearman have new equipment. Musketman looks similar to Cree musketman with heads without helmets.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

True, as a player I've never been interested by new civs or leaders, it's the mechanisms that were important to me.

The way they were already dissociated from each other in the vanilla version then the expansions make me wonder if the new modes will be able to interact at all.

I agree, I don't know what happened internally, but the switch to the new marketing model, with an optimized use of existing resources and assets while gaining a few more months to finalize in 2 years something they were doing in one previously is pointing in that direction.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I am very interested in the civs, but at the same time, there's no dealbreakers for me regarding inclusion or exclusion. But with regards to the Modes, if most of them are of the "eh, I probably won't use that very often" variety, I might be looking askance at the $40 price.

acluewithout, edoipi and SammyKhalifa like this.
  4. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

So, any reason to expect a livestream tomorrow or is it more likely on release day? What's the usual approach in the past in regards to livestreams? Didn't they livestream Red Death the day after the patch hit?

5. Eagle Pursuit

In most cases the livestream had been on Tuesday or Wednesday. There were a few instances where the livestream was on patch day, like with Red Death.

AntSou likes this.
  6. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Patch notes tomorrow then? I guess?

7. Eagle Pursuit

Ed said patch notes will be on release day.

8. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Huh, first no pre-orders and now this. Not sure what the actual benefit for them is by leaving everything so late but alright then

9. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Patch notes are frequently released the same time as the patch for Civ VI. Sometimes they'd do the day before or something but this isn't anything new.

Inawordyes, Zaarin, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  10. lordfistas

lordfistas Chieftain

I'm worry about they don't have too much to show to us, is simply too quiet before such release : ( I still counting on patch notes thet will surprise me but as mentioned before It's looks like they just reuse assets and provide very basics additions to game for full price.

11. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

I'm failing to understand your point.

How have they been quiet whatsoever? They gave us 2 First Looks and will give us patch notes at their usual time. They're responding to people on Twitter and answering questions about the content. They're clearly hyped about it.

What reused assets? Because they copied a couple idle animations?

How do a new way of changing the game (game modes), 2 full civs, 6 city-states, 3 natural wonders, and new disasters count as "basic additions?"

12. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

And new resources, and probably lots of bug fixes and balance changes, too. We won't know until Thursday. Fortunately, nobody has to spend any money until after they've read the patch notes, watched a video, or whatever it is that you like to do before buying.

13. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

@bite you need to fix the Gran Colombia section of your post

14. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Forgot about the resources! Excited for honey.

15. lordfistas

lordfistas Chieftain

After 7 months of silence they just show 2 civilizations, week before release + one info about fix to Patheon issue + no DLL + one Apocalypse game mode which is basic to me compared to additions to GH and R&F.
    No info about modding changes at all.
    No info about world builder which is still incomplete.
    No info about UI changes, on first looks not showing any tips to changes.

Where is more response/info?

As I remember during GH they show a lot more because they have more to show than now.

Don't get me wrong, I love civ, playing since civ II has 2,5k hours played, created some small mods, trying provide translations to existed ones, just worry of status of new content, it's just not what I waiting for last couple of months.
    I hope I’m wrong in that and they have a lot more, not just reusing assets and provide some very cheap content for full price.

16. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

It's going to be sweet!

17. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

Is that right? It looked like the same ethnic set as aztec and inca with the jaguar heads on everything, pretty jarring for a colonial civ.

18. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Asked Kevin on twitter if they will have any livestreams, he said that they are planning to, and will let us know soon.

19. Casworon

Casworon Prince

I wonder how long they have been working on New Frontiers.

At first glance it doesn't seem as in-depth as what we got in Gathering Storm and there was more time between the release of Gathering Storm and now than between Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm.

More than anything i am now super curious about the Patch Notes. The post gathering storm patches where super impressive, if the patches are as in-depth as those then i'll be happy even if the modes are lighter than i would have hoped. I honestly don't really care that much about Civs, i'm more a mechanics guy.

I wanna see what AI improvement's we have to look forward too

Nerevatar likes this.
  20. Shibooyeah

Shibooyeah Chieftain

I guess I'm in the minority that new "modes" do not interest me... at all.