1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

Could someone who have twitter account ask devs will there be any livestream, or something like that (maybe video, or notes) released before 21st

Hawke9 likes this.
  2. Piranga

Piranga Warlord

:rolleyes:

Called it. Atleast its not as bad as Lady Six Sky

3. Venceslau Pietro Pietra

Venceslau Pietro Pietra Chieftain

So all the new leaders will probaly be reskins too, i predict a revamped Cleopatra leading Byzantium under the name of Theodora.

Hawke9 and Myomoto like this.
  4. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Can we note that base models being reused and refined into new leaders is not a new thing?

5. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

Seems plausibel. I dont mind as long as we get some good patches and game modes :)

6. snakeboy

snakeboy Chieftain

I don't know what to say exactly. NFP is really a mixed bag for me. It's nice and a bit surprising to have a full year of content coming, but then it is also disappointing that it comes in bits and pieces, the lack of info on the actual content, and the fact that it only starts late May and did not already in January for instance.

I guess a lot will depend on the actual content of the (remaining) game modes. I do not care much for apocalyptic 'gimmicks'. Secret societies could be interesting, but without any real info on how 'big' a game mode will be, I can't really tell anything.

I am excited for new districts, civs, buildings and wonders of course. All that is always good. But judging on both Maya and Gran Colombia I am a tiny bit underwhelmed with their abilities, and I for one could be really annoyed if those reskinned animations are not placeholders. I think the production value of each civ is one of the most outstanding things in Civilization 6 and if they decide to cut some corners here I'd be sorely disapppointed.

So, I don't know really. I do know just these 2 civs will not be enough for me to jump back into the game. I guess I really have to wait a couple more months before I know where this is going. And that in itself is also a tad disappointing. After such a long drought I think any speeding up of communication about what is coming could redress some of my hesitancy and turn it into real excitement. Right now, I can't get to fired up unfortunately.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  7. Stavangerchj

Stavangerchj Chieftain

Are there not going to be any new mechanics in the vein of climate change or loyalty? For example, many people (myself included) were hoping for a corporations and a revamp of international trade.

The new content that has been teased does not allude to anything that changes the base game in this manner

acluewithout likes this.
  8. bbbt

bbbt Deity

A bit better balanced than Civ 5's insta free Settler cost.

9. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Or two if you were Spain :mischief:

I loved rerolling Isabella for ludicrous starts in Civ V

bbbt and bite like this.
  10. Haig

Haig Deity

Datgingah, Hawke9, oakdragon and 9 others like this.
  11. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

• New scored competition: Sacrifice units to volcanoes. Requires Soothsayers to use their unique action on friendly units near a volcano.
    :eek: Luv it! @pokiehl

12. Laurana Kanan

• Also includes six new City-States, two new Resources and three new Natural Wonders.
    So we know that the three NWs are: Bermuda Triangle, Paititi, & Fountain of Youth; the new resources are Maize & Honey; and we know that one of the new CSs is Vatican City. So that leaves five more CSs that we don't know yet. Speculate away!

Hawke9 likes this.
  13. Casworon

Casworon Prince

Honestly i thought we where going to get a First Look: Apocalypse mode. But it's looking like that isn't the case.

Surprising since for me these new game modes are the main draw of New Frontiers, more so than the new civs

Hawke9, Auda and Nerevatar like this.
  14. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

Yeah, this apocalypse mode does not look like it offers a lot. But when all six comes out, and some patches could be acceptable.

Hawke9 likes this.
  15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That must be the "Appease The Gods" competition we saw in the Chinese video. Man, Alexander is going to love pumping out units for that. Tomyris should be good too, with her double-building light cav.

Hawke9 and Laurana Kanan like this.
  16. Laurana Kanan

I just hope there's some fun animation to go along with it. I guess it's also increasingly likely that Renown & Lifespan will also be a part of the Apocalyse mode since they were also seen in the Chinese video.

17. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

Hawke9 likes this.
  18. bbbt

bbbt Deity

It's pretty minor from the look of it. Basically stronger disasters and a Soothsayer. I'll be underwhelmed if that's as elaborate as they get.

It sort of indicates most of the pass is art/music/etc effort, and like 1-2 FTE of Dev effort or so depending on how elaborate the patches are. With the majority of the core devs definitely working on something else (Civ 7? The 'entirely new game' mentioned a year ago?)

Hawke9, snakeboy and Nerevatar like this.
  19. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Disappointed that all of the new Natural Wonders are fantasy-related or borderline historical. I hope we get some new extant Natural Wonders in a future pack. I'm still crossing my fingers for Ararat.

nzcamel and Guandao like this.
  20. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

I'm hyped about the features.

Always wanted more catastrophic disasters and I love new resources. The natural wonders look awesome and 6 new city states is fun too!

Keep it coming!