[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Is there any source out there referencing a free civilization or is it just wishful thinking because it's the holidays?
Rumors don't need sources. :) But yeah, you're right, it's probably just wishful thinking.

The one thing I need the most at this point is for them to rework the trading system. I hope we don't need to wait until Civ 7.

It's a bit disappointing to see a fun idea like trading posts left to gather dust in a corner. One can see the potential by looking at Mongolia, but hell, even tile Appeal gets more love.

Also, luxury trading should interact with the trading system, though it might be too late for that at this point. THIS I do expect to see in Civ 7.

I'm looking forward to the new economy/economic mode. Even if they don't rework the base system, the new additions might make up for it. Oh boy, will I be disappointed if the economy mode turns out to not be a thing :twitch:

by next Monday we should hear something from Firaxis.

You're late!

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1334905335971123202

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure this belongs in the other thread.

A free scenario. If they give a free WW2 scenario, especially, it would be extremely popular with the Civ community.

I find it highly unlikely ANY scenario would be extremely popular. Most scenarios seem to vary from completely unknown to played once.

Using the In-Game calendar as a temporal frame of reference is meaningless to me...I don't know why so many people use it. It has 0 impact on gameplay and rarely aligns with gameplay.
I didnt mean to make an irl reference. I could use turn number as measurement instead of calendar as well... All I wanted to say is that I was beating Deity for fun before the updates(I havent played for over a year) ... but now the AI goes too far ahead very fast. Things look very hard for me now cuz around 1000 AD I m in Renaissance era's techs normally while AI starts space projects. I need to totally change the strategy I learnt to play so far.

The one thing I need the most at this point is for them to rework the trading system. I hope we don't need to wait until Civ 7.

It's a bit disappointing to see a fun idea like trading posts left to gather dust in a corner. One can see the potential by looking at Mongolia, but hell, even tile Appeal gets more love.

Also, luxury trading should interact with the trading system, though it might be too late for that at this point. THIS I do expect to see in Civ 7.

I'm looking forward to the new economy/economic mode. Even if they don't rework the base system, the new additions might make up for it. Oh boy, will I be disappointed if the economy mode turns out to not be a thing :twitch:
I'd be surprised if the trading system didn't change somehow with the possibility of Kublai Khan coming for Mongolia or the new economy mode.
That being said even if it only comes in the game mode, this might be one that people would want to keep on all the time.

I'm looking forward to the new economy/economic mode. Even if they don't rework the base system, the new additions might make up for it. Oh boy, will I be disappointed if the economy mode turns out to not be a thing

Note, however, that the mode probably wouldn't contain massive changes, just adjustments. It seems that Packs with only one Civ get more asset-heavy and gameplay-changing game-modes, while Packs with two Civs get modes that put a twist to existing mechanic. Even then, it depends on whether you percieve Dramatic Ages as big? It depends on whether you think the Dark Ages change the flow of the game dramatically and whether you think the Age Policies added much to the gameplay. Perhaps even just set of small changes within the Pack's scope could bring the interactions you want.

Note, however, that the mode probably wouldn't contain massive changes, just adjustments. It seems that Packs with only one Civ get more asset-heavy and gameplay-changing game-modes, while Packs with two Civs get modes that put a twist to existing mechanic. Even then, it depends on whether you percieve Dramatic Ages as big? It depends on whether you think the Dark Ages change the flow of the game dramatically and whether you think the Age Policies added much to the gameplay. Perhaps even just set of small changes within the Pack's scope could bring the interactions you want.

I think the sample size is way too small to make generalizations like that (which are subjective anyway as you pointed out), and January isn't two civs, it's only 1.

Argh! Typo, should be Ba Trieu
Ah, she makes much more sense. I'm still expecting a male leader for Vietnam as the likeliest, but I wouldn't be shocked if they chose her.

I think the sample size is way too small to make generalizations like that (which are subjective anyway as you pointed out), and January isn't two civs, it's only 1.

I think it is pretty reasonable assumption, much like the one that the Packs with only one Civ have such Civ that's quaranteed to sell well, it makes sure the Pack has enough value. And it's true the other part is just Leader, but that's still content big enough.

Note, however, that the mode probably wouldn't contain massive changes, just adjustments. It seems that Packs with only one Civ get more asset-heavy and gameplay-changing game-modes, while Packs with two Civs get modes that put a twist to existing mechanic.
I do think that it's a possibility that we could get corporations in the game mode and it could be a twist on the religion system, which isn't it kind of similar in the past games?

You found a corporation with a great merchant and then you can spread it to other cities/civs but maybe instead with only trade routes instead of a whole new unit.

..or perhaps we do get Trung Trac, and they just change the name of a new Great General for Trung Nhi :dunno:
I mean it's 2020 so anything is plausible at this point. :crazyeye:

I think it is pretty reasonable assumption, much like the one that the Packs with only one Civ have such Civ that's quaranteed to sell well, it makes sure the Pack has enough value. And it's true the other part is just Leader, but that's still content big enough.
Especially if the leader could possibly lead two civs. :mischief:

I do think that it's a possibility that we could get corporations in the game mode and it could be a twist on the religion system, which isn't it kind of similar in the past games?

You found a corporation with a great merchant and then you can spread it to other cities/civs but maybe instead with only trade routes instead of a whole new unit.

Well, I would definitely want more from it, so I can only hope. But I'd suspect it's going to be just either pseudo-building (like Trading Posts, Delegations and Embassies) or National Wonder-style building at best when it comes to assets, or maybe just assigned alliagence, similar to Secret Societies, without the Governor visuals, where you commit to one of several Groups, possibly locking it from others, then it simply upgrades based on Resource prevalence. From the code leak it definitely looks like the whole Corporation thing might be just a text noting level of your monopoly over a Resource (I believe Corporation was like 50%+ and Monopoly 75%+ or something like that). I'd still presume different Resources will at least have different group names and benefits (so like Cereal Inc. giving you extra growth from Wheat, Rice and Maize, Smith Family Smithing for extra production towards units from Copper and Iron etc.).

But yes, If I were to dream, I would definitely prefer Corporations either like Religion style spread (I actually believed Religion could be implemented to Beyond Earth as spreading Ideology similarily) or late-game dynamically spawned pseudo-City-States (like Stations from Beyond Earth) whose favour you fight for.

Especially if the leader could possibly lead two civs.

I am bit sceptical about Mongo-China Kublai, but it did indeed flash thorugh my mind when writing it that that could up his value, albeit extra effort in that regards will mostly be put into his visuals. :lol:

..or perhaps we do get Trung Trac, and they just change the name of a new Great General for Trung Nhi :dunno:
Not impossible, but I'd consider it unlikely. They literally just added her last month.

Not impossible, but I'd consider it unlikely. They literally just added her last month.
That is true. You don't just add something and then just take it away. :p

Of course that doesn't really feel like it would be taking her away, but adding her in a bigger role. :p
Why go through the process of adding her as a Great General and then two months later, putting her as a whole Leader?

Why go through the process of adding her as a Great General and then two months later, putting her as a whole Leader?
I agree that it probably won't happen but there would also be no reason why they couldn't just change her to her sister.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a way to play with our minds. :crazyeye:

I really like all the changes from @AvianBritish's earlier post :love: I would also like to see some more air unit and aerodrome support. I'd also like to see more city states offer unique units too, like Lahore does. The units don't all have to be militaristic; surely there could be special civilian units or support units as well.

For the record, I do see the AI using air units more often as of yesterday! In my current Immortal session as Babylon, the Kongolese are actually fielding Jet Fighters to pick off my units as they're going in for a naval invasion. First time in awhile since I had to start making more Fighters and setting up air patrols properly, instead of committing all my Alum to Bombers.

I really like all the changes from @AvianBritish's earlier post :love: I would also like to see some more air unit and aerodrome support. I'd also like to see more city states offer unique units too, like Lahore does. The units don't all have to be militaristic; surely there could be special civilian units or support units as well.

For the record, I do see the AI using air units more often as of yesterday! In my current Immortal session as Babylon, the Kongolese are actually fielding Jet Fighters to pick off my units as they're going in for a naval invasion. First time in awhile since I had to start making more Fighters and setting up air patrols properly, instead of committing all my Alum to Bombers.
Seems like the developers are creating better A.I., which is always a plus in my opinion. :) Granted, I haven't played Deity yet, but it's always nice to see it. Maybe a unique Swiss City-State gives you a Unique Pikeman replacement? @Boris Gudenuf has given some good ideas on Unique City-State Units. :)

Top Bottom