1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. zhugejingqi

zhugejingqi Chieftain

I didn't forget. And if you insist, you can add Quebec and Vancouver

To be honest, when Ethiopia comes out. We should know which civilizations are included in the third supplement.

2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Valletta is the capital of present-day Malta.

3. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

They might keep that a secret until the first looks in September.

4. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

valletta isn’t italian, it’s maltese

5. zhugejingqi

zhugejingqi Chieftain

Well, it's my fault.

6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Well since you asked here's my take on Vietnam currently:

Leader: Trung Trac
    Agenda: Huyen- Likes to fill her city with improvements and fewer districts. Dislikes Civs who build many districts in their cities.

Leader Ability: Linh Nam- Gain the unique unit Trung Nhi at the beginning of the game when Trung Trac is the leader. Gain an extra 15% of current culture and faith yields in any recaptured city or city that you occupy from another civ.

Civ UA: Kinh: Fishing Boats provide additional food, +1 housing and +1 culture. All improvements provide +1 production when adjacent to a river.

LUU: Trung Nhi- Unique Great General when Trung Trac is the leader. Grants +5 combat strength and +2 movement to all units within 2 tiles of every era. May spend charges in an Encampment to speed up production of units in that city.

UU: Mong Dong (Replaces caravel at Naval tradition?) Stronger when fighting in coastal water.

UI: Water Puppet Theater at Drama and Poetry- Can only be built on floodplains or flooded tiles (GS). Grants culture. Gains an additional culture for every adjacent farm and tourism at flight. Will not get damaged when flooded (GS) and cannot be built adjacent to another Water Puppet Theater.

7. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

Yes, you should be careful saying stuff like that. That's how you make a Maltese Cross.

...I'll see myself out.

Meluhhan, Leucarum, Hawke9 and 9 others like this.
  8. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

buh bum tss

9. untitledjuan

untitledjuan Chieftain

Though the legacy of both Alexander's empire and Bolívar's definitely influenced history, even if their territories didn't stay together.

10. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I had a very convincing dream that I read a release on the civilization website announcing Belgium and Eritrea. The rest of my dream was spent trying to post it here, especially as no one else had, but having technical difficulties attaching my source.

Meluhhan, Hawke9, tedhebert and 8 others like this.
  11. Alexander's Hetaroi

I mean I wouldn't mind an Africa map but this might not be the way to go. :shifty:

Thenewwwguy and DWilson like this.
  12. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Yeah, in the awake world, I cannot say this would be an exciting pack.

13. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

i would play it

14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I had a dream that one of the features of Ethiopia's abilities was that they only worked before 5 AM

Thenewwwguy likes this.
  15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Must be some strong coffee.

16. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

Maybe we'll get to play as Leopold II and commit crimes against humanity toward Mvemba ;)

Thenewwwguy likes this.
  17. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

As massive territorial conquests tend to do.

But when you're talking about defining features of a particular region or people, the Macedonian Empire didn't really have much of a polity or culture to speak of. The polity fell into factionalism almost immediately and it doesn't sound like developed much of a culture at all as compared to what already existed in Persia. You could make a stronger case for Macedonia having a stronger culture and political influence in the Hellenic League prior to the conquest of Persia, but then we get back to the question of why Alexander isn't just a third Greece leader alongside the Delian and Pelopponnesian Leagues.

Even the former Gran Colombian states had a history going back of being lumped together as the former colony of New Granada, and a history going forward of sharing a common culture of winning independence from the Spanish Empire. Although the polity itself didn't last long, it represents centuries of culture and political history common to all of the states it encompassed.

I don't mind the inclusion of a separate Macedonia civ in a game--despite shifting toward a cultural focus--that is partly still obsessed with historical figures. If any historical leader deserved to be included for their own sake, regardless of how relatively fleeting their empire was, it is probably Alexander. Maybe Attila, which is why I'm not completely ruling out the Huns yet.

I've had dreams about technical difficulties before. I'd say that qualifies as a nightmare.

untitledjuan likes this.
  18. Alexander's Hetaroi

As long as Leopold II founds a religion I'm sure Mvemba would be grateful towards him in game. :rolleyes:

I could see maybe early on when they were discussing alt. leaders Alexander might have been mentioned as being the militaristic leader of Greece.

Though I can also see how they thought his bonuses might have not synergized well with the rest of Greece's abilities such as the Acropolis. So instead they gave us Gorgo for a military leader for Greece, and at the same time they reasonably gave us a separate Macedon civ with Alexander later because they wanted him in the game.

19. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

As long as they don't make the leader Leopold and the delegation gift human ears they should be able to get it under the radar.

20. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Moderator Action: this discussing is heading in a very unpleasant direction that we should avoid

Hawke9 and Thenewwwguy like this.