[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

I'm suspecting that the background music in the video is the Gran Colombian theme.

Ok, ok, that's nice. I like to have more civs, improvement and other content. I'm not sure i care about new game modes, honestly. But what i do care about is new game mechanics and i can not see them anywhere. Or am I wrong?
Anyway, i appreciate that they keep working on civ 6!

So apparently none of these civs will take advantage of Gathering Storm features? That's a pretty unfortunate drawback of this sort of plan. Other than that it seems like a smart decision for the game, it's how a lot of games work these days and I think it would be profitable for Civ to jump on that bandwagon.

I'm suspecting that the background music in the video is the Gran Colombian theme.

I agree. It sounds like their Industrial theme, and hot DAMN does it sound good!

New district?

Looks like a unique district maybe? But it also looks more Mayan than Ethiopian.

It's not clear whether the new district coming with Ethiopia is unique or whether it's shared across all Civs. I'd hope the latter. Not that unique districts aren't cool.

In terms of details that was very lacking, but it's nice to have official confirmation of stuff still to come, which sounds more significant than I was perhaps expecting. Really want to hear some real information about it though.

I’m happy to get some news. Jesus, that took forever, didn’t it?

I’m okay with the level of detail we got. Kinda cute they all had to do the videos from home.

So basically it's free updates + paid DLC throughout a year, I wonder if there will be an expansion's worth of new civs.

I think that’s the big question, particularly around new mechanics. The intro sort of sounded like they were done with mechanics, which I think would be a big pity because I do think the game still has some mechanical gaps. But then there were also some suggestions there would be more gameplay content, so who knows.

Overall, it seems like the content will be more focused on eg new game modes, new units, Civs, etc., but I’m moderately hopeful things will work out.

Yes yes yes!
Colombia, I hope they drop the Gran out of the game-play name, but still.

By the way, with also the Maya in, and already having Brazil, Canada, and other never-before seen indigenous American civs -
Are we getting a Colonization mod?

It's not clear whether the new district coming with Ethiopia is unique or whether it's shared across all Civs. I'd hope the latter. Not that unique districts aren't cool.
With the new game mode called something like "Secret Societies", I'd put a fair amount of money down on the new district being an Espionage district. I'm guessing a one-per-civ type district like the government plaza. But maybe I'm just dreaming.

Game modes can include additional content such as new units, buildings, or improvements and can be turned on or off during game setup to apply significant and dramatic changes to the rules of the game.

Considering that, it will be hard to tell if the new stuff in this image belongs only to the apocalypse mode or if it's something that will be in a standard game.

Top Bottom