1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

I liked the idea of the railway hotel as Canada's unique improvement. Could require having a railroad in or adjacent to the tile, and then give some boost to culture and tourism based on tile appeal/appeal of adjacent tiles.

2. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

It would have blend perfectly with the new railway improvement of GS moreover.

3. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

If anything, I think the Grand Railway Hotel would be a building in the city centre you can build (perhaps replacing the Sewer) and gets the same bonuses as the Palace (you could use the same model as Canada's Palace as it's based on the most famous one of all; [The Fairmont] Le Château Frontenac (which I've stayed in the highest suites!~ <3) but will automatically build a railway between it's city and any other city within trade route range that also has a Grand Railway Palace (sort of like the All Roads Lead to Rome ability, but for railways).

View from the top of the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac: https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...T2FJHOZKlw/p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5 (Didn't get many good pictures of the outside though as there was scaffolding all over the front when I was there meaning there was little point me trying to take any pictures of it)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Even though it's not the best unique at least Tsikhe is something that is Georgian. :p

Canada got enough maple representation with their maple leaf icon. :mischief:

Speaking of UI that aren't unique am I the only one who might have preferred the Khmer to get a Baray instead of a Prasat considering Prasats are found in other parts of SEA? At least I imagine that a Baray would have made a good unique Dam district and the Prasat abilities could have been part of a UA. Oh well.

My only problem with this is wouldn't it make it to where Canada would have to contribute to global warming in order to build it's UI. :shifty:
    At least it doesn't sound like a very Canadian thing.

5. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

You'd be surprised by how much Canada does contribute to global warming, both in per-capita energy use, and in oil extraction.

Meluhhan and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  6. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

It's literally a castle. So unique to Georgia. :p They could have at least made it replace the Fort and give some nice yields like China's Great Wall...

Hawke9 and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  7. Alexander's Hetaroi

Well I meant the name Tskihe is very Georgian, no matter if it was a wall replacement or not. :p

I think the Svaneti towers would have worked better if we wanted a defensive improvement similar to a fort which could have provided housing as well.

Zaarin likes this.
  8. Birch617

Birch617 Warlord

Haciendas aren't very Colombian or Venezuelan but i can be excused given that the Gran Colombia civ in the game represent northern South America during independece time and Haciendas are pretty much farming states found in a lot of countries that were Spanish colonies

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  9. Alexander's Hetaroi

I found a unique building that could have been interesting but it had to do with the modern country of Colombia. Finding a unique infrastructure for the small window that Gran Colombia existed was probably harder, which is probably why they went with the generic hacienda.

10. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

I think Humankind even has Haciendas as feature of modern Mexico

11. Birch617

Birch617 Warlord

I'm curious to hear about your building idea for a Colombian civ; personally i would see a Coffee Growing Axis been the best choice, as it could it could food, money and tourism on all plantations in a city( maybe an ammenitie if besides a entretainment district)

I'm curious to hear about your building idea for a Colombian civ; personally i would see a Coffee Growing Axis been the best choice, as it could it could food, money and tourism on all plantations in a city( maybe an ammenitie if besides a entretainment district)

Yeah that made me kinda sad, especially with Mexico having such an unique culture of its own

12. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

Hacienda remember me Pablo Escobar's Hacienda.

13. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Indeed. Mexico has the Capilla Abiertas, but no, they needed to add Haciendas.

Anyways, yeah Mexico should get the Capilla Abierta as their UI if they make it into Civ 6. Doubt they will, but we'll see.

Birch617 likes this.
  14. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Thanks Alberta :rolleyes:

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

I've never heard of that before. I was going to go with the Lancero as Military Academy replacement.
    I was thinking that it could give a "guerilla" like promotion to all military units trained in the city with the building where any unit could move after attacking.

16. Birch617

Birch617 Warlord

Never heard of the Lancero but sounds interesting, but tbh i think if in a future civ Colombia was intruduced as modern Colombia, they would skip the guerrilla part from the gameplay; i know that it has marked part of our modern and cotemporary history, but there are still people who lost their family to guerrillas likie only 11 years ago so is still a somewhat touchy subject

Still Colombia has more history besides Pablo Escobar, who is hated by everyone here

Hawke9, untitledjuan, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  17. Alexander's Hetaroi

Well the course was designed by the military to combat the guerillas by using the same warfare tactics. Besides guerilla is already a recon promotion in game, granting movement after attacking, so I thought it would be appropriate.

18. Birch617

Birch617 Warlord

Yeah i get that but still i think that Colombia has better things to show besides its interal guerrilla conflict; in the same way that Vietnam having a Vietcong unit its kinda reducing a culture/country to just guerrilla infested places of the third world imo

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

I guess you are right. I didn't think about it like that. I was just thinking about it from a gameplay perspective.
    It was just the most unique thing I could come up with at the time for a hypothetical Colombia civ, considering the hacienda never crossed my mind because it isn't unique to Colombia but all of Spanish speaking Latin American places.

20. Birch617

Birch617 Warlord

Yeah i agree that Haciendas aren't unique to Colombia ( i had a typo on my first statement) but like i said its okay that it was choosen for Gran Colombia because the civ is more of Latin American Indepence civ rather than an specific civ (only the Llanero and the leader are the only Colombo-Venezuelan thing, while the Comandantes Generales do represent historical figures for multiple nothern South American countries) and its fine, because in my eyes, it open possibilities for other Latino civs that don't need to be necessary indenpendece theme/ gameplay style; like a cultural modern Argentina, religious Mexico and maybe naval focus Chile.
    Yeah and for an hypothetical Colombian civ my take would be more of an agricultural civ that gets tourism for it, my idea of Coffee Growin Axis comes from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_coffee_growing_axis