[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Yeah, the DLC is the xpack they had been working on, split (and maybe with more stuff).

I think that they could add to the base game some stuff that might be too big, such as an economic victory, as Free DLC if they want to

Last edited:
My very rough thoughts on how the leaders/Civs might ...

Pack 6 - A NATIVE AMERICAN CIV OF YOUR CHOICE (North America) :lol:
I am shamelessly abdicating responsibility for this because frankly I don't know enough about Native American history to suggest a contender, though I hear Iroquois and Sioux the most. I think a plains Civ could be a nice .

I really agree with almost all of your predictions. And while the Iroquois might be the best guess, they are very close to the TSL of Canada, Cree and America. The biggest TSL gap is in western North America. I would prefer to see the Haida or Tlingit in the Pacific coast region. A totem pole as a unique monument replacement would be a natural choice. Benefits for fishing boats would be good as well. And maybe a UU of a war canoe.

The biggest problem for Italy's inclusion is and has always been the Roman Empire, with Rome as its capital. But if they were to go the route of a renaissance Italy, there's no reason why Rome should have to be the capital. If we can have the Ottoman Empire and Byzantium - as we have done in the past, and seems likely again - I think this is a non-issue.
I agree. The capital city isn't the issue anyway. A Medici would have their capital at Florence anyway.

At this point looking at the options it seems that I'm either going to deal with not having Italy, or another NA tribe from the look of things. I guess we'll see.
Byzantium is looking more probable at returning for Europe (for obvious reasons) and Portugal is most likely a given.

Give that Varangoi with Basileios II Bulgaroktonos so it makes even more sense :p
They would make a great UU for him along with the Dromon as the Civ UU.
Unfortunately only Justinian and Theodora seems to exist in Civ Byzantine universe according to tweets and past appearances.

I hope not. Your list of city-state predictions make it worse. :p

Please Firaxis don't give them cataphracts. They weren't unique to Byzantium and didn't originate there either. Give them a Dromon UU that can spit greek fire.

Hogans are more of a Navajo thing and I don't see it replacing a shrine. Bu yes the SW USA is empty, and I would like a North American tribe Civ there.

Wall replacement would make no sense in this game because it would become obsolete once you can build Medieval Walls. Since it looks like the Maya are getting a unique campus district I would give Babylon a unique library replacement.
If anything Walls of Babylon would be a good ability instead. Make them start the game with "ancient walls." Once you build the actual ancient walls make them have the strength of medieval walls.

Hopefully you are right. If Italy does get in it won't be lead by a Pope at least.

Could be both too, I do like dromons as well. I was just thinking of Italian wars that occurred during Justinian’s reign so my mind went to a land unit. Would they do varangian guard if humankind has also done that?

The Italian-heavy city state list is more of a product of my guess that Italy is out. However they definitely have a good chance to show up in pack 5 - no denying that.

I’d be happy with new ones. Marienburg, Luxembourg, Knossos, Iasi, Kashgar, Nicosia, Colchis, etc.

They would make a great UU for him along with the Dromon as the Civ UU.
Unfortunately only Justinian and Theodora seems to exist in Civ Byzantine universe according to tweets and past appearances.
maybe the most likely, but not a given. Seems like Firaxis surprises us all the time. Of course we can get Portugal and another new European civ like Goths, Gauls, Iceni, Ireland, Bulgaria, Italy, or a OCC civ ... . Byzantium is more likely i think. Babylon less likely because Assyria and Palmyra are in the running for that spot. I think we have 50% chance to get Portugal or not. More likely if this is the last civ content however.

Could be both too, I do like dromons as well. I was just thinking of Italian wars that occurred during Justinian’s reign so my mind went to a land unit. Would they do varangian guard if humankind has also done that?
As I mentioned above, Varangian Guard would go great with Basil II as his UU. But I would pick the Dromon as the Civ UU, in my opinion.

Well with no First Look today, that will lower chances for Devs live stream ... and I would really love to have one, and specially for the first DLC to clarify some thing and introduce all balancing updates and other smaller things.

They are the most likely, in my opinion. I do not believe they will ever be replaced in the roster.

I hope so. Assyria would be a nice addition, but I particularly prefer Babylon, as this has become a familiar player after so many appearances in previous editions.

Which irks me a bit, because A, Eastern Rome/Byzantium has about 1000 years of leaders to choose from and B, Justinian is kinda overrated. Sure, he conquered Rome, built Hagia Sofia and expanded the Byzantine Empire's western borders greatly, but also lost two wars against Khosrow I, his subjects hated him, he sacked Belisarius, one of his two most competent generals (other being Narses), his wars in Italy turned large parts of it into depopulated ruin, his rapid conquests overstretched the empire and made it horribly difficult to defend, and, most importantly, he managed to bring an empire as rich as Eastern Rome to financial ruin :p

Akkad led by sargon!
They spoke Akkadian, but culturally they were Sumerian. It makes no sense to have Akkad as a civilization in a game that already has Sumer.

Top Bottom