CivV BNW -- new patch (notes) (mainly MP)

Hi all,

We're continuing to investigate the desync problem. Our QA dept has confirmed the problem is not related to playing cross-platform games (PCs with Macs). Our current theory is it has something to do with playing larger player count games (4+ players).

I will go over the rest of the posted files when I have time.

Thank you for your acknowledgement and response, please keep us updated. Great stuff.

The patch HAS to be rolled back IMMEDIATELY. Anything less is just a total slap in the face.

NOW. Do it NOW! Literally every second that passes without doing this is ANOTHER slap in the face.

I will try to get logging turned on for next time I try playing so that I have something to attach for you to parse through but I tried this a few days ago with one other player, and had resyncs every few turns as well. The game never crashed, it was just resyncing/reloading every few turns and was practically unplayable as a result. Yes we had barbs and ruins on and I'm not sure if that or something else has to do with it. More people reporting issue here (but without logs):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/discussions/0/619569608702797981/#p1
just so you have some indication that it's not a very rare problem.

Some logs.

4 players
Pangea
City states = default
Barbs Ruins = on

Attachments

• Assyria Game logs.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 151
Hi all,

We're continuing to investigate the desync problem. Our QA dept has confirmed the problem is not related to playing cross-platform games (PCs with Macs). Our current theory is it has something to do with playing larger player count games (4+ players).

Empirical evidence would suggest focusing on either barbarians, ancient ruins or city states; or all of the above.

i've had the same issue in games where i turned off all ruins, barbs, and cs. will try again and see.

edit:
duel map, no cs, barbs, or ruins. game crashed on turn 32.

Empirical evidence would suggest focusing on either barbarians, ancient ruins or city states; or all of the above.

I don't think these are the culprits. I've had a public game work to turn 100 with all these on. Personally I think it's more related to some kind of connection issue between players.

I think it may have been better to have just switched the free culture buildings and the Wonder production policy. That would have created an actual strategy choice. You could still get an early monument but that would delay the food vs. happiness/gold choice.

Hey - if any of the developers would like to make some extra cash - those of us who play skirmish teamers would pool our money together if you could make a more balanced skirmish map. Just ask, we will provide some simple requirements, give us a quote. :)

How about we make life easy, Roll back to the old version. When you have a working patch re release it!

Don't think this is exclusive to 4+ players. Started a game with 2 human players and the rest AI and was getting resynced every 5 turns or so. Does anyone have a link to a tutorial on uploading logs?

Roll back the patch! This is a MAJOR issue, nobody can play!
I'm sure everybody agree that we can wait weeks, months without bisons...

Don't think this is exclusive to 4+ players. Started a game with 2 human players and the rest AI and was getting resynced every 5 turns or so. Does anyone have a link to a tutorial on uploading logs?
yeah same here 2 humans 6 AI and it resets every 3 to 5 turns.

Hi all,

Tried a 3 player game for science with the same problems as with larger games.

3 Player
Tiny Map size
Quick
City states = default
Ruins barbarians = on

Attachments

• Zulu Game logs.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 134
Roll back the patch! This is a MAJOR issue, nobody can play!
I'm sure everybody agree that we can wait weeks, months without bisons...

It's like General Motors calling in cars for maintenance and then breaking them. How are software companies allowed to be different?

I think the bison tiles suck so hard they make the game unstable.

Yes, please tell me how to get proper log settings, if that will help fix things. I tried about 5 games today, all desynced by turn 6, and every time we lost at least 1 player.
In config.ini, the following should be set as shown:

Code:
; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable AI logging
AILog = 1

; Enable Builder AI logging
BuilderAILog = 1

; Enable Tutorial logging
TutorialLog = 0

; Enable Tutorial debug window
TutorialDebug = 0

; Split AI Logging into separate files for each Player & City
PlayerAndCityAILogSplit = 0

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

I need those settings enabled on all players in the multiplayer game. When posting logs, post the logs of every human player in the game. To fix desyncs, I look for log differences between the game host and the desynced player.

Top Bottom