Clown Car III: Who's Laughing Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Adam Sandler is one of the most successful actors. ;)

I don't think mainstream attention is a good measurement when it comes to how sophisticated the sense of humor is.
Especially not when it's used in an argument that makes blatant use of the privileged position of the American entertainment industry.

There is some good American Satire though, some stuff from the Onion I really like.
Still a bit too in your face, but I like this one:

(Hidden below a Spoiler because people who are not good at identifying satire might think it makes fun of rape victims.)
Spoiler :

There's also another one called "Missing Girl Probably Raped", but that might cross the line into adult territory too much.

Last edited:
the anti-Trump crowd will refuse to accept the results of this investigation if it doesn't result in anything less than Trump being sent to prison.
I'm happy to go on record saying I will accept the results of Mueller's investigation even it it exonerates Trump, and I think I'm about as anti-Trump as anyone here. Mueller seems to me a serious, capable, hard-working, no-nonsense fellow, committed to a thorough investigation of the facts.

What's funny to me is where Trump will be if Mueller's investigation exonerates him, and Trump has spent all this time attempting to discredit the investigation. Would the exoneration then be discredited? I wonder why it is that Trump doesn't seem as happy as I am simply to accept the results of Mueller's investigation, whatever they might prove to be.

Well, the thing about that is that even if Trump wasn't collaborating with the enemy and committing high treason, nearly everyone around him was. And treason has so completely permeated the Republican party at this point that any and all votes for a Republican are acts of premeditated treason.

And Adam Sandler is one of the most successful actors. ;)
I'll point out a) that this is a complete refutation of Commodore's posts on popularity equalling quality, and b) that Sandler is a German surname.

I'm happy to go on record saying I will accept the results of Mueller's investigation even it it exonerates Trump, and I think I'm about as anti-Trump as anyone here.

I will too, and have said so before. As I've also said before, people saying "Democrats will never accept the outcome of the investigation!" are simply projecting their own presumed refusal to accept a result that incriminates Trump in any way.

Projecting insecurities seems to be the main thrust of the conservative movement these days, so this isn't especially surprising.

I've actually never expressed my opinion on the OJ trial here, nor have I ever been a part of a conversation here in which the OJ trial was discussed, so this is just a straight up lie on your part. Not surprising though from someone who actually believes Scalia was murdered by the Russians on Trump's orders.

First you were entertaining wild conspiracy theories, and now you are telling straight up lies about people you disagree with. I'm not messing with you or trying to get under your skin when I say this, but I am really concerned for your mental health metalhead. I have watched you go from a rational person to what I can only describe as an unhinged lunatic ever since the the election. Seriously, get some help dude.

But for what it's worth, I have always toed the "innocent until proven guilty" line. Back when Michael Jackson was on trial for suspected sexual abuse of children I said the same things I'm saying about Trump now. And when he was found not guilty I accepted the result.

You missed the point.
Iam willing to reserve final judgement, but Mueller has done an amazing investigative work, the speed and number of indictements, each new revelation and number of crimes discovered.
Yes the MSM has been $ensationalizing this, and many are invested into Muellers finding mountains of crimes sufficent to bring down the President

But what we already know so far, has been pretty dam conviencing.

If it ends in ‘-er’ it's a German surname.

"We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like. I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names -- you can say 'England,' you can say 'UK,' you can say 'United Kingdom,' so many different -- you know you have, you have so many different names..."

Trump

"We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like. I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names -- you can say 'England,' you can say 'UK,' you can say 'United Kingdom,' so many different -- you know you have, you have so many different names..."

Trump

Another gem. At this rate he will exceed W Bush.

Oh, he has taken the title from him already. I never believed that anybody would make people think more fondly of him.

There's an old Latin saying, often given as nil nisi bonum, though I would imagine it sometimes also applies to ex-presidents, even ones who aren't dead.

Oh, he has taken the title from him already. I never believed that anybody would make people think more fondly of him.
Wasn't he just a front-guy/puppet of Dick(I-Thought-He-Was-A-Duck)Cheney and friends?

Of course, but I always considered him a good-natured half-wit.
Trump is a mean nasty half-wit.

Hillary Clinton is the worst anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom