Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been approved? We saw one go down in flames yesterday.

This one's been approved. I like the subtitle.

Was that some kind of behind the curtain approval because I didn't see it anywhere?

Check the last post of the last thread (and post #7101). :)

Didn't see 7101, just the last one which was done after this thread was started.

"The question is, will the newly Democratic House join in this good momentum or bring it to a standstill. It's a clear choice and will be clear to the American people watching all this at home: Good governance or political performance art? The public interest or political spite? Policymaking or presidential harassment?" McConnell asked.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...-plan-to-fund-government-is-political-theater

The biggest clown of them all. They should just put his picture next to hypocrite in the dictionary now. I mean I'm literally impressed by his audacity. "Good governance". . .if this is good governance by the GOP I'd hate to see what they do when they have a bad couple of years.

Pass, verbatim, the bill that unanimously passed the Senate two weeks ago and if the Senate doesn't pass it again, then yes, a watching America will know exactly who to blame.

Interesting that he's picking up Trump's new phrase: presidential harassment.

Pass, verbatim, the bill that unanimously passed the Senate two weeks ago and if the Senate doesn't pass it again, then yes, a watching America will know exactly who to blame.

Yea its pretty telling that phrase. I mean his hypocrisy has long been legend, but this is an amazing level of wow.

America is built on presidential harassment, what country do these guys think they are in?

Actually, The Atlantic said McConnell used it first - in reference to Newt Gingrich, that rolly-polly ball of pure evil, attempt to bring down Clinton.

Well, ok, but Trump has used it in a couple of tweets over the last couple of weeks.

It fits his general self-pitying whining: everybody's unaccountably picking on me. (witch hunt, haters). But it adds the charged term "harassment."

Last edited:
problems of being online sparingly , otherwise ı might have bragged about killing the longest thread in CFC history . Which as you might have noticed is a central theme of the New , the bragging , that they could even be the president of Europe , if they wanted to , in addition to be the best general America had , if only they had bothered to become one , right to the top without ever becoming a lieutenant or colonel .

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/clown-car-iii-whos-laughing-now.625777/page-354#post-15320184

at least allow me to use the chance to say "you are welcome" .

Are "hispanics" really set to be voting in clear majority for the dems? Cause there hardly seems to exist much reason to differentiate them from "whites".
I think that the usa public is waking up to the fact that they can no longer be on auto-pilot. The usa isnt in the position it was right after ww2.

Are "hispanics" really set to be voting in clear majority for the dems? Cause there hardly seems to exist much reason to differentiate them from "whites".
I think that the usa public is waking up to the fact that they can no longer be on auto-pilot. The usa isnt in the position it was right after ww2.

The racism of Republicans drives the majority of Hispanics to vote Democratic. But there's still a sizable contingent of conservative Hispanics which vote Republican.

"Hispanic" and "Latino" cover everything from 8th generation (or more) white people, to 1st generation citizens with immigrant parents. It is an extremely diverse group of people ethnically, racially, and politically, and they very much do not all share either a unifying political cause, or a life experience of American life.

I think they tend to vote Democratic because of the GOP's general hostility toward minority populations. The GOP itself came to this conclusion in 2012 when it identified its standing with Latino voters as an area where it could improve significantly, with effort. They, uh, decided to go the other way.

Are you using those as cultural indicators, rather than ethnic notes? I'd imagine that someone of Iberian heritage who's eight generations into all sorts of other Europeans isn't going to look even remotely "Hispanic".

My father is a first gen Spanish immigrant and neither he, his mother or any of that side of the family look anything but white.

Are you using those as cultural indicators, rather than ethnic notes? I'd imagine that someone of Iberian heritage who's eight generations into all sorts of other Europeans isn't going to look even remotely "Hispanic".

The U.S. Census Bureau does. "Hispanic/Latino" is layered on top of race/ethnicity. So one can identify as white, black, Asian, etc. and then also identify as "Hispanic." But one can also identify as just "Hispanic." So a lot of times it's not even clear what group people are talking about when they say "Hispanic." Usually they mean "nonwhite Hispanic," but that's not how the group is enumerated officially.

The U.S. Census Bureau does. "Hispanic/Latino" is layered on top of race/ethnicity. So one can identify as white, black, Asian, etc. and then also identify as "Hispanic." But one can also identify as purely "Hispanic."
Hey now, don't discount this administration changing the census questions in whatever way they think will help suppress urban population counts. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom