Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good at being the President and pushing the conservative agenda which is his job. In this case he's good at trade negotiations. He's also good at pulling Erika's chain.

J
They are literally laughing at him, about 180 million Americans could have done a better job negotiating this nonsense. They might have spared all the farmers that have declared bankruptcy.

Good at being the President and pushing the conservative agenda which is his job. In this case he's good at trade negotiations. He's also good at pulling Erika's chain.

J
If by pulling my chain you mean blurring the line between reality and satire to the point where the US Government makes The Onion seem tame and sane by comparison.:popcorn:

This is what happens when you sell the lie that Obama regulations are to blame and promise to bring back coal jobs.
MAGA

President Trump can't stop U.S. coal plants from retiring
(Reuters) - More U.S. coal-fired power plants were shut in President Donald Trump’s first two years than were retired in the whole of Barack Obama’s first term, despite the Republican’s efforts to prop up the industry to keep a campaign promise to coal-mining states.Trump has tried to roll back rules on climate change and the environment adopted during the Obama administration to fulfill pledges to voters in states like West Virginia and Wyoming.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-coal-idUSKCN1P80BY

U.S.-owned utility to close two coal plants, in blow to Trump
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Tennessee Valley Authority voted on Thursday to close two aging coal-fired power plants, including one supplied by a company led by a major supporter of President Donald Trump, who had urged the U.S.-owned utility to keep it open. Ahead of the vote, Johnson had said the plants, which operated only sporadically in recent years, had become too expensive to operate and that closing them would save customers $320 million. The board voted 5-2 to approve the closures. The members who voted to keep them open were both appointed by Trump.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...wo-coal-plants-in-blow-to-trump-idUSKCN1Q32CD

"I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."
-- Trump on child molester Jeffrey Epstein

Well, you could read it as Cornyn trying to make the point that all sorts of regulations are limiting the freedom of the people, and that regulating things is something that Mussolini supported. I.e. trying to create a link between fascism and regulations, to get people to side with those who want to get rid of regulations.

This quote is kind of meaningless without the context. Still, you don't really want to be unclear in your message while quoting Mussolini of all people ;)

In general, while Republicans love to play with the themes of freedom and how regulations hurt the people, they very much love them when it comes to things they want to keep down, e.g. female rights, gay rights, voting rights, etc.

A Trump campaign staffer is alleging he tried to kiss her and engaged in wage discrimation against his female staffers.

I thought almost all of his female staffers complained about that.

I wish they all were. It would be more fun.

Well, if that holds up, that'll surely doom him with the 35% who have stuck with him thus far.

No way he sidesteps this one. This is a presidency-ender, right here.

Yeah, that 35% will just say, it wasn't a bj, so no biggie. .

Reactions: rah
A Trump campaign staffer is alleging he tried to kiss her and engaged in wage discrimation against his female staffers.

Probably ironic given my recent posts about workplace sexual harassment in the rants thread but I honestly don't know what they expected. For example I'm curious whether they started working on the campaign before or after the Access Hollywood tape...

So are you telling her to 'suck it up'? ;)

No, I'm just wondering whether there were any cognitive defense mechanisms in play or whether she and others going to work for the Trump campaign were just unaware of the, uh, "general vibe" of Trump. No one deserves to be sexually harassed or assaulted on the job (or anywhere else obviously) no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom