Colonialist Legacies' Tlingit for VP

I just played a game with Tlingit as a neighbor opponent. It was difficult to face him.
:clap:
My goal was DV.

One thing I'd like to repport is about Duk_Unit
Until late in the tech_tree (~Renaissance), Sheiyksh built tons of them to make war vs me, without any success of course. It was a Golden XP age for me instead. Thankyou :)
I'll try with FLAVOR_OFFENSE _DEFENSE at 5
next time. Expecting more renaissance era units.

I do love this Civ. It remains me a magnificent movie: Dead Man by Jim Jarmusch
Native American guys looks like Tlingit but it's not officially said.

Last edited:
You need to re-download the civ.

Recursive wiped out some leader personality columns that Sheiksh was using and it broke the leader

Been playing this one during the last week or so. Fun and interesting. If anything perhaps one should look a bit into the DUK (workboat unit). Could one perhaps add it's own upgrade tree cause it becomes a bit silly when you in the late game have you logistics broadside workboat (12x2 dmg but it dies in a hit or so). Perhaps it could eventually be upgraded to a proper ranged ship?

Thx for interesting civ. However I am playing with JFD Cultural Diversity v17 and got this error after researching Sailing:
Unable to load texture ERA_JFD_Tribal_AmericanPNW_Classical.dds

So I looked into it and I believe Civilization_JFD_CultureTypes (CultureType, SplashScreenTag, SoundtrackTag) in Tlingitsupport.sql are set incorrectly.
Instead of JFD_Tribal_American and JFD_Tribal_AmericanPNW there should be JFD_TribalAmerican and JFD_TribalAmericanPNW

This fixed it for me. But maybe I got some other JFD mod version..

Attachments

• 20211031_174539.jpg
    20211031_174539.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 32
Been playing this one during the last week or so. Fun and interesting. If anything perhaps one should look a bit into the DUK (workboat unit). Could one perhaps add it's own upgrade tree cause it becomes a bit silly when you in the late game have you logistics broadside workboat (12x2 dmg but it dies in a hit or so). Perhaps it could eventually be upgraded to a proper ranged ship?

I Agree

You would be able to build these for the whole game, in 1 turn, and upgrade them to the current tech of ranged naval units for much cheaper than having to buy/build them. It would open an avenue for mechanics abuse.

You would be able to build these for the whole game, in 1 turn, and upgrade them to the current tech of ranged naval units for much cheaper than having to buy/build them. It would open an avenue for mechanics abuse.
Could one add some requirements such as has to have a set amount of xp or level or something? Cause having that logistics broadside workboat is just sad, and weird.

Why is this Xaa getting melee promotions? :lol:

Spoiler :
Embarked Xaas count as Gunpowder Units/Melee Units when embarked. I can't tell you why it has melee promotions available to pick up when unembarked but that could be part of the issue.

I'm looking for a Non-Vox populi version of this mod but its original sites have been deleted, Both in steam and steam workshop. Could you show me the alternative site or advise me to use vox populi instead?

Check the colonialist legacies CFC page, someone might have shared a link there.

TPangolin deleted all the original mods off the workshop

Not possible to launch the civ, I think it's due to a dependency of the old VP which remains in the mod.info.
Code:
<Mod id="be2d13ee-d18d-410e-8f04-7cd19cd99a98" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="(5) More Luxuries - CBO Edition" />
Without it works fine :).

Finally got around to trying this one, its really well done!

I think maybe i will tweak the opening music volume down a little, otherwise really enjoying it so far.

I'm only in classical so the duk issue mentioned above hasn't become all that apparent yet, but I have been wondering what I am going to do with 'em as time moves on.

Could one add some requirements such as has to have a set amount of xp or level or something? Cause having that logistics broadside workboat is just sad, and weird.

this could work, if we create the upgrade path and use GameEvents.UnitCanHaveAnyUpgrade to return false until the unit meets the requirements. Would this still be abuseable?

alternatively i was thinking maybe a temp promo with fixed duration, duk only can be upgraded after it wears off (also using above test hook in lua), but on reflection i prefer the xp threshold -- or maybe both? don't want xp threshold too high

edit:

Tlingit upgrade path:
Duk --> Galleass (Duk must be level 2)
new Duk receives 10-turn temporary promotion; cannot be upgraded until it elapses.

The Duk --> Galleass upgrade path is more expensive than the pentekonter --> galleass just using existing values, though I haven't evaluated how this compares to the cost of buying late-game naval units outright. There is also the abuse potential of time-required of acquiring these units; 10-turns was chosen just cuz its a common turn-timer used in civ 5/vp (peace treaties etc.). Turn timer can be adjusted in a "dumb" way, ie we can set it to any other integer but cannot (easily/simply) make it change dynamically in later eras etc.

Attachments

• Tlingit Duk Upgrade (v 1).zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Top Bottom