Community Patch - How To Install

Hello all,

I recently installed this mod after seeing a Lets Play of it on YouTube. However after reading the installation PDF and following it step by step I still cant get it to work. Looking at the tech tree it seems as if the mod isnt even activated (even though i did that). I am also getting the EUI tool tip bug. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you all in advance,
Issac

Hello all,

I recently installed this mod after seeing a Lets Play of it on YouTube. However after reading the installation PDF and following it step by step I still cant get it to work. Looking at the tech tree it seems as if the mod isnt even activated (even though i did that). I am also getting the EUI tool tip bug. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you all in advance,
Issac

Did you clear your cache? Also, you are positive that you clicked 'next' in the Mods menu, not back, yes?

G

Did you clear your cache? Also, you are positive that you clicked 'next' in the Mods menu, not back, yes?

G

Yep I cleared my cache (the 3 things) and I also clicked next (waited for those loading screens) so i have no idea whats happening...

Yep I cleared my cache (the 3 things) and I also clicked next (waited for those loading screens) so i have no idea whats happening...

Just to be thorough - I think the button you should click reads 'Single Player' (not 'Next'), which is at the top, and the ither one is 'Back', which you don't need and is at the bottom.

G

That's exactly how it looked with that broken version earlier (the one that completely broke down ocean-travel and so on). No idea if it is related, but there it goes.

Just to be thorough - I think the button you should click reads 'Single Player' (not 'Next'), which is at the top, and the ither one is 'Back', which you don't need and is at the bottom.

I cant screenshot with Prnt screen with Civ5, but there is 3 buttons at the bottom, Back, Get mods and Next

I cant screenshot with Prnt screen with Civ5, but there is 3 buttons at the bottom, Back, Get mods and Next

How to use Mods:
1. From the main menu, access the MODS page.
2. Tick the boxes of the mods that you wish to use.
3. Click the button in the bottom right that says "Next". A window will now appear saying "Configuring Game Data".
4. Once the screen has changed, click "SINGLE PLAYER"
From there, it works like any Single Player game.

Well, yeah, you're right, but that's the mod activation menu. After you go through that (by selecting desired mods and indeed clicking 'Next') you get another menu with the buttons I've described. You should press 'Single Player' in that one.

Basically, you click 'Mods' in the main menu, then select your mods (if they aren't selected already), the click 'Next, wait for them to load, then click 'Single Player'. You shouldn't press 'Back' at any point.

This issue with my game really has me stumped. I have played many hundred's of hours of civ5 and this is the first time I have come across this problem.
I have only completed 100 turns and one of my cities has just completed building the market at the conclusion of the turn and is now ready for another production project. The thing is I can't choose another production. The next turn button is saying "Choose Production", but when I click on it nothing happens.When I open the city screen and try to choose another production task from there, nothing happens. I can keep clicking the "start another production" button, but it doesn't do anything. I have cleared the cache. That didn't help. I have restarted playing from a couple of autosaves before and played a few turns building other things besides the market, but when I do eventually build another market, exactly the same thing happens. These are the lines written in the lua log as a result of me clicking on the Choose Production button.

[16679.781] Runtime Error: [string "W:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civiliza..."]:438: attempt to compare number with nil
[16691.625] Runtime Error: [string "W:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civiliza..."]:438: attempt to compare number with nil

I think if I was to start a new game using the same mods the same problem will crop up again once I build a market. I play with quite a few other mods including CPP, CBP, but not with EUI. I would appreciate help in determining in which mod the troublesome 438 code is located. You could help me to diagnose the problem on my own or I could give you a copy of my save game for you to do it for me. I will let you knowledgeable people on here advise me further. I really enjoy playing with the CPP and CBP mods and thanks for all your hard work and support.

This issue with my game really has me stumped. I have played many hundred's of hours of civ5 and this is the first time I have come across this problem.
I have only completed 100 turns and one of my cities has just completed building the market at the conclusion of the turn and is now ready for another production project. The thing is I can't choose another production. The next turn button is saying "Choose Production", but when I click on it nothing happens.When I open the city screen and try to choose another production task from there, nothing happens. I can keep clicking the "start another production" button, but it doesn't do anything. I have cleared the cache. That didn't help. I have restarted playing from a couple of autosaves before and played a few turns building other things besides the market, but when I do eventually build another market, exactly the same thing happens. These are the lines written in the lua log as a result of me clicking on the Choose Production button.

[16679.781] Runtime Error: [string "W:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civiliza..."]:438: attempt to compare number with nil
[16691.625] Runtime Error: [string "W:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civiliza..."]:438: attempt to compare number with nil

I think if I was to start a new game using the same mods the same problem will crop up again once I build a market. I play with quite a few other mods including CPP, CBP, but not with EUI. I would appreciate help in determining in which mod the troublesome 438 code is located. You could help me to diagnose the problem on my own or I could give you a copy of my save game for you to do it for me. I will let you knowledgeable people on here advise me further. I really enjoy playing with the CPP and CBP mods and thanks for all your hard work and support.

It's a LUA issue, most likely related to an install. Unfortunately, since the log is truncated, it's impossible to know what is causing the error. Try the latest beta version.

G

It's a LUA issue, most likely related to an install. Unfortunately, since the log is truncated, it's impossible to know what is causing the error. Try the latest beta version.

G

Happy New Year. Thank you for your reply. I have attached a copy of my database and lua logs to help you in assisting me. I'm not very good at troubleshooting them myself. What beta are you referring too?

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    6.5 KB · Views: 37
Hi, I'm having a couple problems with the EUI version.

First (I'm not sure if this is patch related) but I can't Alt-Tab out of the game. Whenever I do, it just shows me a taskbar at the bottom of the screen, I can't get to the desktop.

Second, while in game, when I mouse over the terrain or resource, I don't get any kind of pop up notification, like it would normally say "Desert" or "Gold" right?

Third, some of the menus seem to be one-clicking closed. For example, in the technology menu, if I click on one tech, it selects it but the whole menu closes. Its the same for when I hold shift to queue up multiple techs, once I click, the whole menu closes.

Fourth, sometimes when I go through the in-game menu to "restart game" (to reload the map for instance) the whole game just quits to windows.

Hey guys,
I cannot finish any game - at a certain point of the game my civ program starts consistently switching off while loading the AI turn. In one game in happens on turn 207, in another - 241. I suspect these bugs happen because of CBP, but I'm not sure.
Did anybody ever have such problems?

Hey guys,
I cannot finish any game - at a certain point of the game my civ program starts consistently switching off while loading the AI turn. In one game in happens on turn 207, in another - 241. I suspect these bugs happen because of CBP, but I'm not sure.
Did anybody ever have such problems?

There were game crashes in some of the versions over the last two months. Personally I haven't had any with the last few releases or betas. Can you list which version of the mod you're using, and the whole list of mods?

There were game crashes in some of the versions over the last two months. Personally I haven't had any with the last few releases or betas. Can you list which version of the mod you're using, and the whole list of mods?

I am using the multiplayer version of CBP (this one http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=553187). I downloaded this version on Dec 15, and it wasn't updated since.
The list of mods is listed there, I'll copy it here for you:

Community Patch
Community Balance Patch
City-State Diplomacy (CBP)
Civ4 Diplomacy Features (CBP)
CBP - Compatibility Mod
More Luxuries

It's all there in one file, I made no changes when installing.

Happy New Year. Thank you for your reply. I have attached a copy of my database and lua logs to help you in assisting me. I'm not very good at troubleshooting them myself. What beta are you referring too?

It sounds like you're having the same issue that I am. I've posted about it on the Bug Reports thread. Gazebo asked that I get him the lua log to find the issue.
He's referring to the beta update to the Community Patch modules that he did on the 29th, but I tried that set and got the same no-production issue.

One or more of the mods you are using alongside the CBP seems to be causing a conflict. Your database.log is full of errors related to other mods.

G

How to use Mods:
1. From the main menu, access the MODS page.
2. Tick the boxes of the mods that you wish to use.
3. Click the button in the bottom right that says "Next". A window will now appear saying "Configuring Game Data".
4. Once the screen has changed, click "SINGLE PLAYER"
From there, it works like any Single Player game.

Ok thanks, when the screen changes i clicked back because the ''single player'' button looked like a text box to me... derp

I am using the multiplayer version of CBP (this one http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=553187). I downloaded this version on Dec 15, and it wasn't updated since.

Ah... I have no experience with the modpack as I only play single player and don't know what version it may have been built with when you downloaded it.

I have successfully used the latest non-beta release here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034

On the off chance that you're not intending to play multi-player and happened to stumble across the mod pack first, you could try it instead.

Top Bottom