Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

click the little arrow, then open the folder it's in. (If it's not there anymore you can go to tools -> show downloads) If it doesn't work then, it's a corrupt download or something not to do with Chrome.

I've tried all that. It works if I access the file with any method OTHER than chrome. Also, any method using chrome that used to work no longer does.
Any suggestions? Do I need to reinstall chrome?
Thanks

Edit: problem randomly disappeared. Thanks anyways

Is there anything wrong with the following that would cause it to not align properly?

Code:
<hr style="text-align:center; margin-center:0;" width="25%" />

EDIT: Also, is there a way to limit concurrent downloads (same IP) using htaccess? I have my pdf directory open to the public but I don't want people to pound it.

Is there anything wrong with the following that would cause it to not align properly?

Code:
<hr style="text-align:center; margin-center:0;" width="25%" />

What do you want it to look like? If I put that in a file and load it it looks fine to me in firefox, with the hr aligned in the centre of the screen. As far as I can see the style attribute does nothing.

Yes, I want it in the center. But it's not doing so on my pages. I'd post an example but... :dunno:

Now this is weird. My main browser is Firefox. Then I ran it through IE Tab and it suddenly centered. :dunno: I wish I could post a link.

I have a funny issue. On one of the things there is a strange version of curly-quotes that tend to screw up the site when copied/pasted directly without converting to straight-quotes. Most of the time you can get rid of formatting issues by pasting something into Notepad. But it didn't work and they didn't go away. Do you have any suggestions?

K guys I have 1,160 emails in a folder, and I need to extract all the email addresses from the email BODY (not the to, from, or bcc fields).

I found a couple pieces of software that do just that, but none of it is freeware. It needs to be a free solution.. otherwise it would just take too long.

I found a VBA script to do something like this, but I can't to figure out how to go into script mode in Excel 2007. After some googling I discovered that this functionality was taken out? Or something? and that I'd have to run my script outside of excel? I was never much into Excel VBA scripting, but I know you used to be able to pop into a script mode and write code there.. I thought that this script I found was going to be a solution to my problems, but.. I'm not even sure how to get started running it and I don't really have time to look further into this

Nah, doesn't look like this will do the trick.. and no it's nothing that sinister :)

We launched a survey yesterday, and the database wasn't configured properly, causing a lot of server-side errors. These get emailed to me. I want to extract the email addresses from the error emails I received because they contain all form data - meaning all survey info that the students filled out.. including their email addresses. Would be nice to email them, apologize, and ask them to fill it out again.

Might be able to help, but in what format do you have these emails? Saved to your computer? In what format? CSV, XML, or text?

EDIT: I see you mentioned Excel. So it's xls? Can you upload some of these xml files so I can get an idea of format?

K guys I have 1,160 emails in a folder, and I need to extract all the email addresses from the email BODY (not the to, from, or bcc fields).

I found a couple pieces of software that do just that, but none of it is freeware. It needs to be a free solution.. otherwise it would just take too long.

I found a VBA script to do something like this, but I can't to figure out how to go into script mode in Excel 2007. After some googling I discovered that this functionality was taken out? Or something? and that I'd have to run my script outside of excel? I was never much into Excel VBA scripting, but I know you used to be able to pop into a script mode and write code there.. I thought that this script I found was going to be a solution to my problems, but.. I'm not even sure how to get started running it and I don't really have time to look further into this
A unix command like this should do the trick:

grep -v "^(To:|From:|Bcc:|Cc:)" ./* | grep -o -i "\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b"

That needs to be executed in the directory where the emails are stored.

That generally requires a unix like system, though you can probably find a windows version of grep. In that case you'll need to replace "grep" with the name of the executable you download, possibly specifying the full path.

Question: How would I go about converting a colored image to black and white? Can be done in MS Paint? Paint.net? GIMP?

Question: How would I go about converting a colored image to black and white? Can be done in MS Paint? Paint.net? GIMP?

Assuming you mean greyscale (and not true black & white):
Paint.NET:
Adjustments > Black & White.

I wouldnt bother with MS Paint.

I know there's programs that remove geotags from pictures, programs such as "JPEG/PNG Stripper", and such. Is there such a program for videos?

Top Bottom