Conservatives are turning against McCain

I have a news flash for all of you. McCain is not a conservative any more than Bush is. The conservative base did not get excited until Palin was chosen as the VP candidate. Even Rush Limbaugh has railed on McCain over the years, and regardless of what you think of Rush he represents this base you are claiming is turning on McCain. The base has never supported him.

This is why I can't stand election year, all the rookies come out. It's like the guy who doesn't drink all year then get wasted on New Years Eve & make an ass out of himself.

So if Rush and Palin represent the base, than you're admitting that the Republican base are a bunch of corrupt, incompetent theocratic bigots and misogynists who lack ethics, glorify slander, and celebrate ignorance? Glad we've got that cleared up.

the words racist and bigot are badly overused in these forums. Often the person who asked "who farted?" will be the guilty party. I wonder the very same thing when is comes to someone cries "racist /bigot" without hard evidence.

Well, McCain is somewhat in the centre, which should generally be the place to win an election. To avoid losing traditional Republican voters, he picked Sarah Palin. This sounds right and proved to be right on the short term. McCain is now far behind, not because he is not conservative enough, nor because Palin is too conservative, but because Sarah only needed a week to prove she is way too dumb to be vice-president. Even worse, McCain showed poor judgement by picking Palin. That's really the main reason he's losing it.

My opinion is quite simple on this matter: If one picks a person with the capabilites of Sarah Palin as running mate, one is not ready to be the next POTUS. Being conservative or liberal really doesn't matter then....

I have a news flash for all of you. McCain is not a conservative any more than Bush is. The conservative base did not get excited until Palin was chosen as the VP candidate. Even Rush Limbaugh has railed on McCain over the years, and regardless of what you think of Rush he represents this base you are claiming is turning on McCain. The base has never supported him.

This is why I can't stand election year, all the rookies come out. It's like the guy who doesn't drink all year then get wasted on New Years Eve & make an ass out of himself.

OK, oh wise sage of political knowledge, you missed the point of this thread. Republicans, conservatives, people on the right are abandoning McCain because they don't want to be associated with a loser. Thoughtful right wing people are attacking him because his campaign has been out of control, and has taken on a hateful tone. This would be apparent to someone capable of even basic reading and comprehension. You seem to be abandoning McCain now, I guess you can be counted among the rats leaving the sinking ship. Your boy, Rush Oxycontin Limbaugh must be a hack because he is still supporting McCain.

Last issue Army Times poll had McCain ahead roughly 65-25 over Obama in the ranks of the military. Not much turning against him there that I can see.

Still think McCain will win? I still wouldnt rule it out although I'm less sure now....

Still think McCain will win? I still wouldnt rule it out although I'm less sure now....

I think there is a concern that Obama is peaking too early.

Wasnt it New Hampshire that Obama was supposed to have in the bag....and then Hillary came and beat him there unexpectedly in the dem primary? Where a lot of Obama supporters didnt vote or voted for McCain because they thought Obama had it wrapped up?

We have had other elections in which the winner was trailing like McCain is right now and pulled it off.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

I have a news flash for all of you. McCain is not a conservative any more than Bush is.

Let me repeat myself....

Ah yes, the mythical beast of the "traditional conservative". No such thing exists. Its a reverse strawman, kind of an inverted "media elites". Everyone claims to be one and yet you can't find 2 people who agree what it is.

This makes it a very convenient term for excusing and distancing.

@MB, I agree that Obama may be peaking, or at least, I don't want to count on this just yet. As for your Hillary comment, that worked out pretty well for here, didn't it? ;)

@MB, I agree that Obama may be peaking, or at least, I don't want to count on this just yet. As for your Hillary comment, that worked out pretty well for here, didn't it? ;)

At least in New Hampshire it did.

Military people have donated money to Obama by 60% over McCain. McCain was given a "D" grade for his votes on military issues, Obama was given a "B," from Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.

http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/articleview/7557/

Money donated isnt a precise measure of support. You could have a select few donating the maximum to Obama while the vast majority who support McCain dont donate at all.

Again, I can only tell you what the latest Army Times poll stated. If you dont believe it, go buy the latest issue yourself.

Moderator Action: JeffIllinois--please edit your existing post rather than quadruple posting.

How about you get the guy to stop spamming. He has proved that he knows how to cut & paste.

Moderator Action: From the forum rules:
Respect the authority of moderators
Public discussions of moderator actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, signatures, or any other profile information. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private. If it's not resolved or if you don't receive a reply from the moderator after 24 hours, you can then PM or email Thunderfall.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Et Tu Brutus?

Then Fall Caesar!
Dear partisan liberal, I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN!:mischief:

So if Rush and Palin represent the base, than you're admitting that the Republican base are a bunch of corrupt, incompetent theocratic bigots and misogynists who lack ethics, glorify slander, and celebrate ignorance? Glad we've got that cleared up.
I am so proud of you for actually writing your own post instead of cutting & pasting. Maybe next you start to be able to include original thought capable of criticizing both sides instead of spewing nonsense.
OK, oh wise sage of political knowledge, you missed the point of this thread. Republicans, conservatives, people on the right are abandoning McCain because they don't want to be associated with a loser. Thoughtful right wing people are attacking him because his campaign has been out of control, and has taken on a hateful tone. This would be apparent to someone capable of even basic reading and comprehension. You seem to be abandoning McCain now, I guess you can be counted among the rats leaving the sinking ship. Your boy, Rush Oxycontin Limbaugh must be a hack because he is still supporting McCain.
Please find my posts where I was stating how great McCain is, please just find one & link to it. I have maintained from the begin of this that I do not like either candidate. I wish I could find a squelch feature on here so that I would not be subjected to posts from guys like you who really have nothing at all to contribute.

THE ONLY POLLSTER THAT WAS CLOSE THE LAST 2 TIMES WAS ZOGBY. So pay attention to Zogby & the rest is just noise. Don't believe me? Look it up. Look up his polls leading up to the last election, & use whatever source you want to do it.

Most are disgusted with the recent viscous turn in McCain's attacks, and the hostile mood at his rallies.
viscous, n, 1. Having relatively high resistance to flow. 2. Viscid; sticky

I believe the word you're looking for is 'vicious'.

Dear partisan liberal, I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN!:mischief:

I am so proud of you for actually writing your own post instead of cutting & pasting. Maybe next you start to be able to include original thought capable of criticizing both sides instead of spewing nonsense.

Please find my posts where I was stating how great McCain is, please just find one & link to it. I have maintained from the begin of this that I do not like either candidate. I wish I could find a squelch feature on here so that I would not be subjected to posts from guys like you who really have nothing at all to contribute.

THE ONLY POLLSTER THAT WAS CLOSE THE LAST 2 TIMES WAS ZOGBY. So pay attention to Zogby & the rest is just noise. Don't believe me? Look it up. Look up his polls leading up to the last election, & use whatever source you want to do it.

Please do not post anymore of your brilliant remarks here then. What have you contributed? Once again genius, the cutting and pasting was done to prove the point I was making with the thread. If you could read you would have noticed as much. What are you a self appointed mod? I don't think I'll bother looking for posts from you, since you've contributed nothing productive here. Your three hundred posts probably amount to 90% flaming 10% ridiculous Rush Oxycontin Limbaugh ideas.

Please do not post anymore of your brilliant remarks here then. What have you contributed? Once again genius, the cutting and pasting was done to prove the point I was making with the thread. If you could read you would have noticed as much. What are you a self appointed mod? I don't think I'll bother looking for posts from you, since you've contributed nothing productive here. Your three hundred posts probably amount to 90% flaming 10% ridiculous Rush Oxycontin Limbaugh ideas.
Sorry dude, I'm too cool & into free speech to be a mod on any board. :lol:

viscous, n, 1. Having relatively high resistance to flow. 2. Viscid; sticky

I believe the word you're looking for is 'vicious'.

Brilliant use of a dictionary. What are you, my editor? Please spend your time digging through my posts looking for misspellings, maybe you'll find some more.

Brilliant use of a dictionary. What are you, my editor? Please spend your time digging through my posts looking for misspellings, maybe you'll find some more.

Not too much though, unless the editors where you cut & paste from didn't have spell check.

Sorry dude, I'm too cool & into free speech to be a mod on any board. :lol:

Private forum means free speech is irrelevent. I thought you liked property rights. :(

Top Bottom