1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

Where exactly? I'm not that good with Github myself.

I'm going to try out this one, see if it works. I forget where I got my original cqui.

Edit: Still having Great Prophet issues, oh well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Knightfall likes this.
  2. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

Knightfall likes this.
  3. mcampbell

mcampbell Chieftain

I'm not sure what fixed it, but it's working now. 2 things I did:
    * Bought the sale "Gathering Storm" DLC
    * used the "civfanatics" github version.

One, or both, of those got it.

Knightfall likes this.
  4. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

That's good news, so how did you 'use' the civfanatics github version? I couldn't file a release or zip file, can you paste a link to it or tell me the steps?
    Thanks. What is your version number (lower left corner on the main screen)?
    (My test PC with latest on it says 1.0.1.501 (504666))

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    mcampbell and Knightfall like this.
  5. mcampbell

mcampbell Chieftain

Same Civ version as you.

As for using it, I'm a developer by trade so I just CD'd to my Mods directory and did a `git clone` of the repository. However, you should be able to download the zip file from github.

Knightfall likes this.
  6. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

Still having the same problem, Great Prophets just stop working after 3 or so religions get formed.

Knightfall likes this.
  7. Taurus

Taurus Chieftain

Hi!
    It is intended to be so, there is only limited numbers of religions per civilization game (I think 5 religions for 8 civs). So when all religions are on your world there is not possible to get another prophet.

Knightfall likes this.
  8. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

Hi, love the mod, thank you.

Where do I find the Missionaries and Apostles?

9. Taurus

Taurus Chieftain

Try Civilopedia...
    (Hint: Shrine, Temple...)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  10. jerseymike25

jerseymike25 Chieftain

I don't know how visible this will be on page 41 of this thread... however...

CQUI still lives, and is being updated often, at least on GitHub. We could really use folks to review code and test changes, or do some coding work themselves. I've found I've been doing CQUI-things far more often than actually playing a Civ6 game... I don't recall the last time I actually played a game end-to-end without working on a CQUI thing in between...

https://github.com/civfanatics/CQUI_Community-Edition

Knightfall likes this.
  11. yurisan

yurisan Chieftain

hi, im coming from steam so not sure if that has been answered here. shouldnt civ/tech notifications be spawned at 60%/100% since Rise & Fall or is it a typo in steam description ?
    actually it would be great if this functionality could detect playing as China and having Free Inquiry/Pen, Brush and Voice dedications and spawn accordingly as in :
    at 60% for everyone except China
    at 50% for China and everyone else with Free Inquiry/Pen, Brush and Voice
    at 40% for China with Free Inquiry/Pen, Brush and Voice

Knightfall likes this.
  12. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

No, that is not what is happening:

Edit: I just tested it with an unmodded game and the same thing happened, i'm completely lost now.

Edit2: Actually no, the issue is resolved in an unmodded game, its just little delayed.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Knightfall likes this.
  13. ThirstQuencher

ThirstQuencher Chieftain

I just found out about CQUI but I'll play the github version this weekend and try report back @jerseymike25

14. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

I'm having a different problem this time, it appears that the trading screen is broken. I am unable to trade.

15. Torvald

Torvald Prince

FloodPlain,
    Are you using any additional mods with CQUI? If so, tell us what other mods you are using, so we can advise whether there might be a mod conflict.
    Thanks.

16. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

Better Leader Icon
    Better Tech Tree (UI)
    Fantastical Map Script
    Real Strategy

17. Torvald

Torvald Prince

Hmmm, I think the problem you described sometimes happens when you also use the Better Trade Screen mod, but you've said you're not using that with CQUI, so that can't be the problem.

The Better Leader Icon mod should be okay to use with CQUI.
    The Better Tech Tree (UI) was updated on 11/29/2020 to improve compatibility with CQUI, so you'll want to make sure you're using the latest version of Better Tech Tree.
    The Fantastical Map Script mod should be okay to use with CQUI.
    The Real Strategy mod should be okay to use with CQUI, although the latest 2021 player feedback claims the mod is no longer working as intended (the AI is acting dumb, plus some UI display glitches).

I saw in the player feedback comments for CQUI that in mid December 2020, several people reported trade screen problems, such as: "Trade screen won't allow me to view what's being proposed for trade by either side. ... Sometimes gold, but not always".

From the subsequent answers from the CQUI mod author, the people having trade screen problems were using the Epic launcher versus the Steam launcher.

I also saw the following player comment: "For most Civ 6 mods, you can download them and put them in the mods folder to run them when using the Epic Games versions of the mods, however, for this mod it doesn't work. The problem is that it doesn't show up in the mods screen, which I'm assuming is because it's missing some info file for the game to read and actually recognize it as a mod."

Supposedly, you can get around this problem when using the Epic launcher by downloading, and manually putting the latest version of CQUI in your Mods folder, from the following Github: https://github.com/civfanatics/CQUI_Community-Edition

Hope this info helps you.

18. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

This fixed it, though I was already unzipping files directly into my mod folder? Still thank you very much!

19. Torvald

Torvald Prince

You're very welcome. Glad I was able to help. Happy gaming!

20. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

I think the new update has done something to this mod, when testing this mod I found that it now causes every city in the game to have the name 'Baltimore'.