CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Hi
Having problems with trade routes in CQUI, it only shows a few cities, sometimes city states with a quest but no other yields, and when i click on a destination city there no indication of what route the trader will choose.

I'm new to CQUI, so maybe I've got some settings wrong? Did look, but didnt find anything in the settings. I'm not using any other interface/UI mods.

Edit: Seems to have been the Warfare Expanded mod that was incompatible.

Last edited:
please check progress for the update via the Github linked earlier. It is in progress.

i dont know how to cooperate and help you guyz, i mean, i can make all the ui elements u need (u just gave me a the size u want (x,y) and then ill make it for u, and i try to make it looks great.... but the problem is i never worked with Github! (i always just download from it xD)

Is there any way to hide yields and automatically show yields inside your border when inside the city view? Much like the original game works. Thanks!

I apologize if this has been asked, but is this mod expected to work on the version that was recently sold by Epic in their freebie sale? Or is that one of the things being worked on.

The version is listed as 1.0.1.501 (504666)

Even better, teach me to fish and figure out this info on my own! =D

I don't think the Steam Workshop version has been updated in a LONG time. The Mod owner has been extremely busy so a number of other's have been working on it since then and you have to manually install it (just an unzip in the correct folder) from GitHub as well as make sure you don't have the Steam version still installed as it will confuse things. Follow the link above for the latest developments.

I don't think the Steam Workshop version has been updated in a LONG time. The Mod owner has been extremely busy so a number of other's have been working on it since then and you have to manually install it (just an unzip in the correct folder) from GitHub as well as make sure you don't have the Steam version still installed as it will confuse things. Follow the link above for the latest developments.

Thanks; I don't have anything Steam on my machine, so I had assumed I'd be manually installing. I'll try again, but the last time I tried CQUI a couple weeks ago it said my Epic version wasn't suitable, and I was afraid to "force" it =D

I'll try again; a reddit subscriber mentioned there was an old CQUI and a new one that's being maintained, so it's possible I got the old one.

Thanks again!

Thanks; I don't have anything Steam on my machine, so I had assumed I'd be manually installing. I'll try again, but the last time I tried CQUI a couple weeks ago it said my Epic version wasn't suitable, and I was afraid to "force" it =D

I'll try again; a reddit subscriber mentioned there was an old CQUI and a new one that's being maintained, so it's possible I got the old one.

Thanks again!

I have the Steam version of Civ VI Gathering Storm and I run in offline mode so I didn't get the latest update. My CQUI is therefore still working fine from a GitHub version that is months old. The new modders have fixed some of the issues last week but have gone silent this week, not sure how playable their version is so I am waiting until they release something a little more official before I upgrade Gathering Storm.

If this Epic version is not Gathering Storm I am not sure where you would pull a functional CQUI from.

I have the Steam version of Civ VI Gathering Storm and I run in offline mode so I didn't get the latest update. My CQUI is therefore still working fine from a GitHub version that is months old. The new modders have fixed some of the issues last week but have gone silent this week, not sure how playable their version is so I am waiting until they release something a little more official before I upgrade Gathering Storm.

If this Epic version is not Gathering Storm I am not sure where you would pull a functional CQUI from.

The Epic version is just the base game; I don't have DLC's yet. I'll give it a try; if it doesn't work the worst that happens is I'm no differently off than I play right now =D

The Epic version is just the base game; I don't have DLC's yet. I'll give it a try; if it doesn't work the worst that happens is I'm no differently off than I play right now =D

Annnnnd it doesn't work. By that I mean, it's not considered valid, and when I enable it in anger, the game runs and SOME of the UI looks like it does things ... differently, but it's not really usable. The lenses (which was my main motivation for using this mod) don't seem to work at all, and none of my units appear on the map, which is a bit of a deal breaker =D

I guess I wait. No worries; I'm not complaining.

Annnnnd it doesn't work. By that I mean, it's not considered valid, and when I enable it in anger, the game runs and SOME of the UI looks like it does things ... differently, but it's not really usable. The lenses (which was my main motivation for using this mod) don't seem to work at all, and none of my units appear on the map, which is a bit of a deal breaker =D

That's odd, I'm using this mod (with the Epic version) too and apart from some clipping it works well enough. I am facing issues with the Great Prophet part of the Great People screen being broken but I don't think that it is related to this mod.

Edit:

Any idea what might be causing it?

Last edited:
That's odd, I'm using this mod (with the Epic version) too and apart from some clipping it works well enough. I am facing issues with the Great Prophet part of the Great People screen being broken but I don't think that it is related to this mod.

Edit:

Any idea what might be causing it?

Huh, does the mod show as incompatible and you enabled anyway, or something else?

Civ VI is a bit particular with mods. You need to make sure you clean up the mod folders of all but the one version you are trying to use. If a 'bad' or 'old' one is still hanging around it can fowl things up. The github project had a nice set of directions for making sure it's all cleaned up.

Civ VI is a bit particular with mods. You need to make sure you clean up the mod folders of all but the one version you are trying to use. If a 'bad' or 'old' one is still hanging around it can fowl things up. The github project had a nice set of directions for making sure it's all cleaned up.

Mm. My mods directory only has the CQUI one in it, and the install directions on the github (is this the right one? https://github.com/Azurency/CQUI_Community-Edition) don't really mention anything about it that I can see.

I think the latest work is being done here: https://github.com/civfanatics/Civ6-UIFiles but I don't see any releases yet.
Also this was recently worked on: https://github.com/civfanatics/CQUI_Community-Edition but again only stale releases copied from Azurency. I am not fluent enough with GitHub to pull anything other than a zip file so maybe you can ask these guys how to get the latest version of their work (I don't think they are done yet, not sure where FloodPlain got his version.

Top Bottom