Crusader Kings 2

Whole sentences in italics look condescending.

I haven't been keeping tabs in thing that well but I've been told this xp has been said to be their biggest yet, so there's that too.

Anyhow, as for the customizable kingdoms and empires, the devs said in the Q&A on the stream that it means basically something like if you have two duchies you can form your own, custom kingdom.

Don't know exactly if there could be more to that, but whatever.

Is decadence broken? I'm trying to play as the Fatimids, and about 100 years in my decadence is maxed out and nothing I can do is reducing it. I'm winning wars, either assassinating or straightening out relatives, but I'm still gaining over 3% a month. I just took out a 70k decadence revolt triggered by decadence being at 100%, and by the time the war was over my decadence was at 100% again.

Looks like 11 family members, but that is after I gave up killing them. The straighten out command never worked once despite my ruler having 18 diplo and 10 learning, I thought high scores there were supposed to help. For the longest time, I only had 2-3 decadent relatives and I could either murder them or temporarily hold them back.

Now, though, everyone is going decadent. I've managed to win some wars (just conquered Arabia!), so it's just the family that is out of control.

Hmm. That's interesting. I dunno if they changed anything in the recent patches that I've missed, but last time I heard its usually the opposite. :dunno:

Probably too late for it now in your case, but I suppose you did Ramadan frequently? It usually helps reduce decadence by ~2-4% for me each round.

I was able to drop 7% per year with Ramadan, but I gain 4% per month now.

I missed a few opportunities to do it early on, that's true, but recently I have been taking every decision I could that reduced decadence including traveling to Mecca and Ramadan celebrations.

If you're okay with some console cheating you could try to console switch to your landed relatives and make them start the Ramadan and pilgrimage decisions, dunno how much that'd help though.

I try to restrict myself to only using console cheats to cycle popes quicker.

On the plus side, I had my first two successes in straightening out decadent family members, so now I'm only at 100% + 1.88% per month. Hopefully the assassins will stop killing my sisters and start killing these decadent emirs.

I try to restrict myself to only using console cheats to cycle popes quicker.

Oh my, you do have a bit of self-restraint. Me, I like to use console cheating to allow free incest for everyone I mean flip through the music.

Yeah, the young popes who reign for 40 years at a time has always been a pet peeve of mine.

I actually had more than 3 months below 100% before maxing out again. And the assassins are back. Lame...

i guess it'll take maybe, like, 5 years to beat this independence rebellion if i'm lucky. i can put the last few years on autopilot. but i really want to clean up the pocket of ilkhanate within my borders. good thing i built as many knight retinues as i could right after becoming byzantine emperor. so i have nearly 20k of awesome stack smashing ability. i'll try to finish it up tomorrow.

I'll make a judgement when we actually know something worth talking about.

I will await before verdict but it will be interesting to be able to play Charlemagne and the event nature of it may be... I wonder what fruit we are going to be served? :)

Edit: I just realised: this expansion has a perfect song for... :D

Link to video.

Top Bottom