1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

The invisible .svn folder only manages the information related to SVN, i.e. past updates and change logs and the like, so you don't need it to run the mod.

By the way, you can let Tortoise create a clean copy for you, simply right click the repository and select Tortoise SVN -> Export... .

2. citis

citis Chieftain

If Greece adopt republic or autocracy early (in classical or medieval era due to Parthenon) I suggest the following name:

Greek Republics

3. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Can someone tell me what is the chance of natural forest spread with/without forest preserve respectively? I don't think jungle/rainforest spreads at all, or do they?

Alternatively, you can point me to the right file and I can check it myself.

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

XML/Terrains/FeatureInfos.xml

It has a value at <iGrowth> of 3. (IIRC this determines the spread rate) I don't know if that means a 3% chance of growth or something else.

5. Fresol

I think it's more like a 3/10000, from what I've read elsewhere. And the forest preserve should be able to increase the chance to 64/10000(?), which is still not much. I'm not sure about this whole thing though.

6. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Chieftain

7. agentxorange

agentxorange Chieftain

Hahahaha whatttt... Leoreth spent a ton of time on the new culture mechanics, he's not gonna use that fixed borders mod.

And why on earth would you add bombard to the game? Collateral is already overpowered, the ability to attack without taking dmg would be even more ridiculous.

8. Vectors

Vectors Chieftain

Bombard would make sense for Battleships to represent the shelling of cities

9. agentxorange

agentxorange Chieftain

I agree but Battleships already have that capability.

10. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

I was thinking when I saw the borders mod: Fixed national borders in 3000 bc? That should appear far later.

11. citis

citis Chieftain

Fixed borders are already implemented in the sence that culture doesn't spawn in others' core.

12. Fresol

Nevermind, wrong thread.

13. calad

calad Chieftain

Honestly the biggest problem in modern era is not borders nor bombard but lack of civs. For post-apocalypse world it makes sense than majority of existings civs dont exist but not in 20th century.

14. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

Might be a ship would be able to damage a stack like in Civ 3, I think you mean attacking a stack right, without engaging it. Only you would make that damage really cap very soon at like 80% maybe a bit more for a battleship. However that would also be possible with an ironclad, ship of the line, frigate, anything with long range offensive cannons.

Another option would be allowing ships next to a city to automatically bombard them if hostile and then start damaging units in them, per one...?

If you do plan to make ships able to attack cities and get destroyed or retreat like catapults, cannons etc. You like have to give them negatives, from moving close to a coast risking to be fired upon...

Coastals forts would also be a plausible next step, to reduce bombard damage, and raise then defence against ships. It would mean you got to add a load. Also you shouldn't be able to bombard away the coastal defence...

15. Vectors

Vectors Chieftain

The reason I specified Battleships is that they are built so tough that you'd at least a dozen Exocets or a nuclear weapon. They also have the range to avoid a lot of shore batteries

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

New update:
    - bugfix: failed congress bribe attempt does not cause the AI to permanently refuse to talk anymore
    - adjusted the 3000 BC and 600 AD scenarios to have the same resource setup around Bogota
    - reduced the third Colombian goal to 3000 gold
    - changed the deadline for the third Spanish goal to 1650 AD
    - the 1700 AD scenario now includes some previously omitted resources that spawn in 1600 AD for the other scenarios
    - cheap spy missions do not award espionage experience anymore
    - overall reduction in spy experience
    - higher spy experience only for difficult missions
    - all Improviser promotions except Improviser I only grant a +5% preparation bonus
    - only Informant III increases vision range by +1
    - fixed some spy promotion names
    - reduced evasion chance for both Escape Artist promotions to 25%
    - added a base cost to spread culture mission
    - increase base cost for bribe worker mission
    - Loyalty now requires Escape Artist I
    - fixed a bug that caused the increase of required espionage experience for every great spy to grow slower than intended
    - instead of being born in cities, new Great Spies replace the Spy unit with the most experience

17. Fresol

Very cool, many of the important issues have been addressed.

What do you think of raising the limited number of the religious persecutor unit to 3? 1 is certainly to few.

18. citis

citis Chieftain

Very cool changes on my behalf too. Happy to see the Colombian UHV softened :D and the never ending turn bug adressed.

On persecutor number: It seems ok to me. At least in my turkish game it was enough. However, an Arabian game is required about this.

19. Fresol

I suggest lift the number to 3, the persecutor unit is already more expensive and is causing revolt and loss of population, being the only way of removing religions, the player should be offered with more chance to employ it.

20. calad

calad Chieftain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.