1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ales_

ales_ Heir

No, they can't because I haven't updated the OP yet.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

I think it's better at 1, I don't want religious persecution to go too fast.

Heh, I don't think you should be our yard stick here :) The third goal isn't meant to be the main challenge for Colombia, so I don't want the requirement to be too tight. 4000 might be better in retrospect though.

3. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

I hope you can change your mind some time in the future. :p

4. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

Or mod it yourself. :)

5. Fresol

I don't think the spy experience system is working at all. It seems like now there's no experience points whatsoever. Stealing techs certainly does not offer experience or great spy points, and I suspect no mission does.

6. Leoreth

What was your success chance? In retrospect, I might have gone overboard with the threshold there.

7. Fresol

So these are the relevant screenshots under SVN revision 985. I was lucky to have succeeded in all these missions(but lost a spy in finishing a mission and two were caught stationing in enemy territory), but there was no experience points or GS points. I haven't tried revision 986 yet.

8. Leoreth

Yeah, under the previous new rules, these missions were considered too easy, and didn't give experience. Now they should give at least one XP.

9. Fresol

So what missions are "hard"? With below 50% chance of success?

10. Leoreth

Yeah, you had to do missions with less than 50% chance to get additional experience.

11. Fresol

You may want to relax the GS points requirement for early civilizations a bit, because there's not much espionage missions going on in the earlier eras, but that's not really important, :espionage: is already 4 times as effective as :science:.

12. calad

calad Emperor

Culture should not give any discount. Really it is a clear exploit to have very cheap spy missions. Also stationary spy discount comes as well way too easily.

13. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Good nerf for spies, it'll be even better if we can teach AI to use them properly. Spy is solution for high difficulty.

14. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Started a 330AD game as the Byzantines. Started with a Great Merchant. Dont think goal 1 will be that much of a problem.

But, didnt know that Great Persons in your starting area were converted.

15. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

Yes. In fact, in one game playing as Italy I was lucky because France had just spawned a Great Engineer in Venice, and that helped me build a Wonder early.

16. The Immortal

The Immortal Forever Young

When will 1.13 version be released?

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Based on history, Leoreth will probably answer: "When it's ready".

If you ask the followup question: "When is it ready?", you'll get the answer: "Around the time of the release."

18. Leoreth

I'm really that predictable aren't I? :D

Anyways, sorry for the long delay and recent inactivity. I've spent the last couple of weeks squeezing as much sunlight and activity as possible out of the summer, DoC kind of took a backseat in the meantime. I'm going to be busy until September, but I plan to be more active again afterwards.

I don't think there's a lot left to add for v1.13, so I aim for a quick release there. I am pretty motivated for what could come after but a proper release comes first.

19. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

The AI seems extremely reluctant to trade resources now, even when I got a vassal they demanded 4 of mine just to give me 1 of theirs, and it wasn't even a strategic one I tried to get from them. I can see from the change log that this was changed quite a while ago, back in March, so I assume there has been some discussion about it already, but is it really intentional that the AI is THAT sceptical about trading away its surplus resources?

20. Fresol

It's just that now AIs value happiness resources extremely high, while underestimating the value of strategic resources and stone/marble. Health resources are somewhere in between.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.