Status
Not open for further replies.
"Great" :lol: Well thanks! :)

I'd like to do a breakdown of tech cost modifiers like this:

Code:
Base cost              1000
Tech diffusion  -20%    800
Large empire    +10%    880

But right now I'm not sure where to put it. I'm afraid it would clutter the current tech tooltip. Does anyone have an idea for an a good location for this kind of information?

It could show up while hovering over the technology you're currently researching?

Currently this also displays the standard tech tooltip. You mean that for the currently researched tech a different, more detailed tooltip should be displayed?

New commit: I've tried to change the settings files so people don't run into issues with the graphical paging option.

If you still experience issues with this, please let me know.

The commit will likely reset your settings to my own, which is currently being turned off. I really have no explanation for why your settings would revert to true, I hope this has stopped now.

I want to look at it next.

In RFCE you get a total modifier to research cost in the progress bar "Iron Working (+138%)", thats also nice.

And also, how about that ctrl + hoover to display spawn zones from RFCE?

Have you already discovered Future Tech once? If so, I need the save from before that happens.

Have you already discovered Future Tech once? If so, I need the save from before that happens.

I have replaced the save in #1550 with a new save in 1982ad, which I have not get the Future Tech once.

Alright, I've fixed the bug with the last commit. You should be able to win from the save you posted.

Spoiler :

That's how the tech cost breakdown currently looks like (in this example you see Alphabet getting more expensive because it is not known by most civs in the game). The additional information is only shown if there is anything modifying the base cost. Obviously there is still some polishing to be done.

I'm currently considering displaying the civilization modifier there as well, but seeing as that is a constant throughout the game it would probably only clutter the interface.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 503
I think you should display the civilization modifier as well. In this example, do it like :

Base Cost: 843 (600)

or something less misleading. But cluttering won't be the problem.

Sorry, derailing current talk for another thing:

I think that AI India is somehow too powerful on Epic/Marathon speeds. On Normal they seem to be okay but in those longer difficulties they usually get the conquerors, explore the world, etc. Maybe tone down the AI a bit? Not the human, last time I played India it was pretty hard with the barbarians, persians and tamils in the way.

On the contrary, AI Britain seems to be collapsing a lot. I'm not complaining about it's loss, Britain is way too powerful compared to the rest of the world but I don't really think that should be happening. Britain is one of the few nations that didn't really fall into complete anarchy after being created and seeing a bunch of independents there is kind of odd. Surprisingly, their collapse is never caused by overextention; usually when they collapse they have 1-2 cities outside Britain. Why do they collapse?

Maybe I'm just lucky or unlucky in my games but does anyone else see this kind of pattern occurring?

I don't think Leoreth is playing the game himself and the reduction of production cost of Indian settlers is a mistake. Just play as Tamils and see for yourself.

I don't think Leoreth is playing the game himself and the reduction of production cost of Indian settlers is a mistake. Just play as Tamils and see for yourself.

Don't be mean, he develops this game volunteerly.
Indian settler cost should be restored to 200:hammers: again. It was better.

Sorry about that, I was just trying to make a point. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom