Cybrxkhan's Leaderhead Thread

By the way, is there a way to attach a mesh to the skeleton? I never did such a thing, as I always joined the meshes properly. :confused:

Ekmek's solution seems to do that, if I understand you correctly.

With all the new leaderheads, and new civs of the week being released recently, I was wondering if you were going to include them all in a new version of WOL?

A number of them will be included, yes, but not all, of course. Shoshenq I, however, as previously stated, will be a second leader of the Berbers.

post your nif and blend. I or someone else may be able to spot the problem quicker that way

Alright, it's in a rar file, with two blends, one before I did the changes as you indicated in your post and one after; there's also the finished nif. The LHs based on Logan, just in case you didn't notice (but you probably obviously did... but just in case).

Attachments

• Shoshenq I.rar
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 140
While Ekmek hopefully gets to the bottom of this, I decided to make another LH based off a colonization one, to see whether I'd also be having more problems again.

Quickly playing around with blender, I moved onto doing a nifswap, wherein I got this:

The guy is, again, much lower than where he's supposed to be, even though he was in the right location before the nifswap.

I'm also confused as to why the block list on the left is listing all the elements without their names - I think I accidentally clicked some hotkey a while back that changed it, and I can't change it back at all; I really would like to suspect this has something to do with why these LHs aren't working right, but I don't know how that would even work out.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? And thanks again for everyone's help.

Attachments

• wut.jpg
    wut.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 490
you're making the same mistake. Not being negative but after a bunch of leaderheads you've gotten "sloppy" on your skills. I think when you are joining objects you are taking a mesh with no bone and joing the boned mesh to it instead of the other way around. Basically you are loosing the 'scene root' parent.
I'm pretty thats the problem because I saw this in blender:

when I clicked your mesh it didn't have Scene Root where it says Par:

and you didn't mess up the skeletons by importing another skeleton because it still say Scene Root and not Scene Root.00

So I think you need to relook how to join objects in the guide ;)

hopethat helps and gets you back on track on posting great civs.

Attachments

• ck_1.jpg
    ck_1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 446
  • ck2.jpg
    ck2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 422
Thank you Ekmek, God of LH making!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I can't believe it was just a stupid little thing again. I'll definitely remember to join meshes the right way this time.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Lots of thanks again.

Anyhow, he's working now, but I think I'll do a bit of sculpting to change his face a bit. Here's a preview for those interested:

Spoiler :

As a side note, does anybody happen to know what animations work well with Logan's?

Attachments

• Shoshenq_Screen_Again.jpg
    Shoshenq_Screen_Again.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 445
Awesome! Top quality LH :clap:

Thanks to Ekmek, I finished Sheshonq and he isn't messed up no more! Please enjoy, as always, and I can see this guy having a lot of use as a generic Pharaoh leaderhead.

Logan works only with Logan.

:( Oh well, thanks for telling me anyhow.

Next up is either Abaoji of the Khitan, Nzinga of Angola (maybe), Umar of the Arabs, or somebody else entirely.

I can haz Khufu now! :w00t:

Awesome. :cool:

EDIT: Umar would be my first choice, Nzinga second but that's up to you :)

nice sculpting :D

I can haz Khufu now! :w00t:

Awesome. :cool:

EDIT: Umar would be my first choice, Nzinga second but that's up to you :)

I'll probably do Umar, since I need him for WoL and he'll easily serve as a generic Arabic or Bedouin leader. Nzinga I'll be actually probably playing around with one of Sabiot Lieh or Melcher Kulzer's awesome LHs, so that might be a bit more, so yeah, Umar's probably first.

nice sculpting :D

Really? All I did was move his cheekbones a bit, make his eyes bigger, and make the lips more... normal, I guess? :)

I'll probably do Umar, since I need him for WoL and he'll easily serve as a generic Arabic or Bedouin leader.

Great! I was kinda wondering how the heck I was going to get my hands on an Umar LH for my personal mod, so that's pretty much exactly was I was hoping for :D

Yes, but moving the bones may look like sculpting. Honestly, I couldn't tell if you moved the bones or the vertices, or sculpted.

Hmm. I guess as long as whatever method works, then that's fine enough. :)

Hey just so you know, you put Sheshonq I under New civilizations not LH

Thanks for telling me - I've just changed it, so it's all fine now.

Great! I was kinda wondering how the heck I was going to get my hands on an Umar LH for my personal mod, so that's pretty much exactly was I was hoping for :D

No problem! You probably already noticed, but there's sort of a pre-preview a couple posts up where a "prototype" of him is in the nifskope.

Oh, so that's who that is. :D

Washington as the base? Looks great so far :goodjob:

Alright, so as I predicted, I got sidetracked and worked on something I wasn't planning to do - namely, Nader Shah of Persia/Iran. I'll use him in WoL either as a 4th leader of Persia or as a leader of a new civ, Iran.

Anyhow, below is what I have so far. I have yet to put on all the jewelry, buttons, and such on his suit and hat (since they obviously look kind of plain), but, again, this sort of gets the idea across, I think, for a preview (come to think of it, I might shorten his beard as well). I may also have to shorten his hat so you can actually see the top.

Anyhow, I'm vaguely basing him off the picture below. I've taken some liberties as to make him a bit more generic looking, so that he could work for any late renaissance or industrial era Persian or Central Asian LH:

So suggestions? Thoughts? Comments?

Attachments

• tester.jpg
    tester.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 317
Top Bottom