[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
its when in sim city neighbors get uppity when you try to place a water treatment plant and you have to demolish their houses first before you can finish your plans.

it works roughly like this too for the real 1%.

Spoiler :

Cancer risk shows a clear association with the number divisions for a cell type since the stem cell stage.
Spoiler :

Adjusted error risk scores (aERS) were calculated based on lifetime risk and number of cell divisions. Cancers on the left are mostly caused by errors in the previously-mentioned cell divisions. Cancers on the right are mostly due to environmental factors.

The take-home message from the study is that a significant proportion of cancers are caused by random factors, not by heredity or environment. One caveat is that breast and prostate cancer were not considered due to the lack of stem cell data on them. Another is that this study is merely statistical analysis and certain comments lead me to believe there may be problems with the methods used.

FAP colorectal...:rotfl:

I'm skeptical about this, but I find it intersting anyway, and it seems to fit well with stereotypes.

About 400 years there where librarians just weren't in demand.

How Wikipedia now shows the map of Eurovision participants:

It's better than this graph, I'll give it that, though it still has several issues; 1) it ignores most things outside of the 'West', particularly the House of Wisdom in Baghdad and the stuff in China and India, but I guess the graph's title states it deals with Rome and the Dark Ages, implying a focus on the 'West', so whatever; 2) it assumes Alexandria was destroyed in the late 300s, but from what I know it's hard to ascertain when exactly the Library was destroyed, and whether it was a process that took a while, given that it's possible the library was already in decline for quite some time.

I just realized Australia is in.

I find that mildly surprising and amusing.

TIL Australia is in Eurovision?

They are entering Australia as a competitor because Eurovision is so huge here thanks to SBS support. It's a one-off with SBS (unless we win) as a special thing for the 60th anniversary.

SBS? Now I am voting for Australia no matter what. Wouldnt it be hilarious of they win?

SBS? Now I am voting for Australia no matter what. Wouldnt it be hilarious of they win?
Special Broadcasting Service. They're a second public broadcaster in addition to the ABC with a specific focus on being multilingual and multicultural. They run a big subtitling operation, they run a network of multilingual radio, show news broadcasts from lots of countries. It's the only tv network where you'll see many non white faces and hear other accents in the news broadcasts. They've also been pretty experimental as a result of their pretty free charter. For example South Park was a big hit hit for them. And they show a lot of soccer.

They've shown Eurovision on a free to air universally available channel for thirty years, so they've been responsible for its weird popularity here. We like the kitsch and the nationalism I think. This is a great reward for them and should be a huge ratings success.

As for Australian voting. I would expect Australians in the UK to get us some points. If we do public voting here, and not just jury, I'd hesitate to make a prediction about whether we'll have tourist and migrant blocs skewing things. If it does happen, keep an eye out for UK, Ireland, Greece and Italy and the Balkan states getting Australian votes.

Australia's entry will probably be pretty awful. But we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom