Danish Muhammad Cartoonist Attacked at Home

You aren't at the very least annoyed that this person was a leech off the backs of decent Danish people of all creeds? That the Danish state gave this man food, shelter, freedom, and security, and he repays it by trying to suppress free speech and attempts to murder a cartoonist?

Yea, it's annoying that the guy tried to murder someone. Throw him in jail.

Well, you're painting with a pretty broad brush of implication, there.
Obviously people are offended that he tried to kill a cartoonist. Other components of his poor behaviour are thus reprehensible, too.

I think of him as a troll, generally.

A necessary troll in my opinion. If it hurts so much that you have to kill someone when your prophet is made fun of, you have a problem. So why not cure this problem the same way we cured this problem in the west? To make fun of it so much that people just stop caring. It's bound to happen at some point.

Meh, if the guy had made the same cartoons about a random football team, he'd been killed already. Freedom of expression doesn't mean it's a good idea to insult people.

Meh, if the guy had made the same cartoons about a random football team, he'd been killed already. Freedom of expression doesn't mean it's a good idea to insult people.

Absolutely, FIFA would put a bounty on his head and every loyal supporter would feel obliged to kill him. Fatwahs are not a muslim-specific problem you know, in this case it happend to be but it could just as well have been a catholic bishop putting a bounty on his head, or as you say a football-team.

Ridiculous. Was he a legal immigrant? If so need better screening.

Also I see that Somalia is keeping it classy for the New Year. We should help Ethiopia invade again.
Why not Italy? I'm sure Berlosconi would be up for that.

because we like the idea of the invasion succeding, and putting the italians in a war has proven to be ******ed. Etiopia has better odds at winning a war than Italy.

because we like the idea of the invasion succeding, and putting the italians in a war has proven to be ******ed. Etiopia has better odds at winning a war than Italy.
At present, they're 1-1.

The bigger question: if he had been arrested and not shot, would it have been an attempted hate crime?

Don't be ridiculous.

You aren't at the very least annoyed that this person was a leech off the backs of decent Danish people of all creeds? That the Danish state gave this man food, shelter, freedom, and security, and he repays it by trying to suppress free speech and attempts to murder a cartoonist?

I am a lot more annoyed at some people frequently trying to insinuate that people like him must be leeching off of society. That whether or not he may actually receive state aid is even germane to the discussion.

Yea, it's annoying that the guy tried to murder someone. Throw him in jail.

Indeed.

I am a lot more annoyed at some people frequently trying to insinuate that people like him must be leeching off of society. That whether or not he may actually receive state aid is even germane to the discussion.
You won, but you lost. :undecide:

They're 1-1 with Italy!

He's (was) a nutcase from Somalia... you think I need to insinuate that he was a leech? :mischief:
Ironically, I happen to know a heck of a lot of "nutcases" from the US. But I don't think any of them are "leeches".

I don't think I have ever met anybody from Somalia. Have you?

The only Somalis I know are going to Brown...that doesn't count does it :(

Top Bottom