Despair, Courage, & Hope in an Age of Environmental Turmoil

http://notrickszone.com/2013/10/18/germanys-green-energies-lead-to-skyrocketing-electricity-prices-feed-in-rates-increase-more-than-10-fold/
The politicians in Germany kept promising that renewable energy will be cheap and yet we are seeing massive price increases in Germany and the costs are just going up. I never though I would live in a day where leaders are trying to sabotage their own economies for nothing, but here we are.

Thankfully we recently got rid of a government bent on the same thing, but unfortunately some people are still trying to destroy the Australian economy with the Renewable Energy Target. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-24/ret-target-to-increase-power-prices-cost-jobs-research/5622232

What do greenies have against birds? First windmills a blades of death and now we have solar power plants that literally burn bird in flight. Environmentalists are killing more birds than they are saving. Yet another unintended consequence that wasn't quite thought out before approval.

Plus all the carbon being emitted whenever a bird is scorched to death. The shame. Talk about some bright sparks.

Your schadenfreude on this topic makes you a bad person. Viable solar is good news for everyone. The glee you feel when it suffers unexpected setbacks is a moral error.

Your schadenfreude on this topic makes you a bad person. Viable solar is good news for everyone. The glee you feel when it suffers unexpected setbacks is a moral error.

Whoa. Harsh realm.

Have to admit I laughed pretty hard when I heard it burns birds literally out for the air. But I think it was for different reasons.

What do greenies have against birds? First windmills a blades of death and now we have solar power plants that literally burn bird in flight. Environmentalists are killing more birds than they are saving. Yet another unintended consequence that wasn't quite thought out before approval.

Plus all the carbon being emitted whenever a bird is scorched to death. The shame. Talk about some bright sparks.

Coal kills far more birds than windmills and solar. far more.

Whoa. Harsh realm.

If he really needs to gloat, just bump one of his dire predictions that turned out to be true. That's what the rest of us do. Yeah, we may feel schadenfreude when we turn out to be correct and the other was wrong. But this dancing at setbacks that hurt everyone unexpectedly? It's just poor taste.

If he really needs to gloat, just bump one of his dire predictions that turned out to be true. That's what the rest of us do. Yeah, we may feel schadenfreude when we turn out to be correct and the other was wrong. But this dancing at setbacks that hurt everyone unexpectedly? It's just poor taste.

I do agree. "Don't be so anti-something that you're pro bad things". Solar having problems is objectively a bad thing.

This is exactly why I made that thread.

Top Bottom