Diplomacy 4: Tale of Ekonia

Ok, appologies for the rushedness f that update. I probably shouldn't have bothered trying to get one out before I left. Anyway I'm back now and this update will be up properly tomorrow or the next day. I made a mistake with Methos attacking Tho. This will be fixed in the new update. Thanks.

As Pinman seems to have dissappeared early I need someone on standby to take over his very strong position ;).

Hang on-you mean a fixed last update?

Yes. The update coming is a fixed vesion of the last update, with the writing to go with it.

That's the way. Good luck with the fixed update and don't forget don't give me Tre, I'll need it :p

July, Year of Embedded Knives

Lord Harold Applesby stared in disbelief in the doorway of his new hideout, the family home of Agathe Hernia, cousin of his butler Willis. To him it looked more like an unfortunate hole in the ground then any fit place of residence. He couldn't help but stare at the bare walls, mud floor and six straw beds lying on the floor around the small fire place. He sensed he would find living here would be difficult and prayed that those damn monks would give him further instructions soon.

''It's not much, but it's home.'' said Agathe, following his gaze, her voice thick with a strong Bacanaen accent.

Applesby nodded uncertainly. Not much was right.

''Excuse me sir!'' Willis called, dragging one of the heavy gold-filled sacks down the muddy steps into the house, followed by his five nephews, each dragging another bag before them.

''My, that's a lot of gold! said Agathe, wondering where she was going to keep the largest amount of cash she'd ever seen in her life. ''Come in kids, its cold and late.''

The children hurried to their beds, they were 5 boys of varying ages, each a little skinnier then usual for their age.

''Errm... Which is my bed?'' Said Applesby, worried he already knew the answer.

''You'll be sleeping on the floor hon.'' replied Agathe, almost cruelly. She was certainly not overly fond of the Aristocracy, thieving bastards that they were.'

~~~

Three Golden Suns sat at the table of the cottage, eating a lump of bread with obvious distaste. The food here was so disgusting, even the 10 years he has spent in Ekonia had not taught him to appreciate it. It hadn't been so bad in the Palace, where he had feasted in what could almost have been called luxury, but the food had still been horrifically bland. However, this bread, he decided, was surely among the worst things he had had to endure. How could these people eat it? He watched his master busying himself about the small stove. He was trying to make tea again. He rolled his eyes and wondered what he could be using this time. Last week he had caught him using ground potato skins. He shuddered to himself, potatoes was another thing the citizens of Ekonia were fond of. To him they just tasted like mush. Three Golden Suns wondered if he should stop his master, before he ended up poisoning himself, and that would be disastrous. Without the Master he would never get home.

Suddenly, a loud nock on the door shook Three Golden Suns from his thoughts. Two men entered, dressed in black. The Agents they had hired.

''We may have found something.''

~~~

Gold PMs to come, as some players have more or less gold then I told you last time.

Ok, not sure why the map's so big but at least it's better quality.

A question - how is it possible for Fen and Rhe to both have forts, even though they share a border? I realize why that happened, I just wondered what the effects will be, and if that's an oversight in the rules that should be plugged somehow.

They share a border, but are not under the control of the same player. Next turn, if yello takes it they can choose to destroy it, or destroy the one in Rhe.

I will have to blow up one? How sad... Can I get some $$ bonus for it at least?

Alright, noted, thanks for the explanation.

Any chance of an update soon ?

January, Year of the Thoughtful Giraffe

The small familly home of Agathe Hernia had changed a lot since Lord Applesby moved in. The six straw beds had been pulled aside and now lined the walls of the room, and in front of the fire now sat a rickety wooden desk and ancient armchair, which formed ''Lord Applesby's Study''. On the desk lay an empty grey envelope and a short, unfolded note.

''Go to Foreshorn Manor, Taslin. Bring men. Detain all inhabbitants.''

Applesyby and his butler had left straight away.

~~~~~~

A young woman with copper-red hair rode through the forest on a milk-white horse. It was dark and she knew she shouldn't have stayed out so late. Foreshorn forest was deceptivie at night and she was beginning to think she was riding in circles. Suddenly she came out into a large clearing, it was the stone foley that she had enjoyed visiting as a child. She knew the Foley was only around a mile away from the manor, yet it was so dark she had no idea which way to go. Knowing it would be far safer to stay there then attempt to make her way back home she tied her horse to a tree and made her way inside. She just hoped Jonathon wouldn't be too angry when she came back the next morning.

I was supposed to move that cavalry out of Mar. I'm pretty sure I had that in my orders ...

Double-checked and I did -- I moved it from Mar to Ure. It looks like you moved it but also left it in place? Unless I missed that there was a second cav in Mar to begin with, which I don't think I did, but I don't see the map for the last update anymore so I can't be sure. If by some chance that's the case, can you please take pity on a newbie and correct that oversight for me? I did not intend to break the agreement with BL about Tun and Mar.

Oh, and thanks for the update. :)

No you said move one cavalry out of Mar. I'm fairly sure I asked you if this was correct and at the time you confirmed it.

Why do I not have Tas anymore? :confused:

Top Bottom