DMI XIV - The Code of Junil (FfH)

Ah right. I kept forgetting that the first time too.

Save uploaded.

Don't worry, the turnsets will shorten form here on.

whta's up with the lairs? more virulent versions of barb cities (w/o the "city" part)??

They work pretty much like barbarian camps in Civ3, but you can place your unit on a lair, which will stop the barbs spawning from it. You can explore the lair then, and have a chance to receive good and bad things. The bad things can be quite brutal, so it's better to not explore the lairs without a military.

Btw, Lone Wolf can play some of my turnsets if he wants, as I most likely won't be able to play all of them anyway.

As I am a very bad report writer, this will be simple.

Played fifteen.
Tech path was edu/3 turns into code of laws.
Revolted to App/Agr when edu was done.
Settled Vallus at spot two(started monument), Barrow is gone(Can't remember what happened but no barbs spawned), Ruins are gone(Lurchirp killed it), Goblin fort has a warrior on it.

Build order was Finish settler,worker,setter. Orthus spawned somewhere.

20 turns each from here, People.

Attachments

• DMI XIV AD-0080.CivBeyondSwordSave
    106.1 KB · Views: 48
I took a picture.

I think the blue or red point would make a great science city, with some production potential.

also, there are very few troops. I counted a grand total of 5 warriors, including one on the fort and one exploring.
Isn't that a little bit risky ?

Did someone call for a roster? :D

• Imhotep
  • pholkherina
  • Ozbenno
  • Xenoborg << ON DECK for 20
  • Meatbuster << UP NOW for 20
  • ssmage << JUST PLAYED
  • Monkeyfinger

Got it and will play shortly. Gonna mostly build warriors then, and see where the tech path takes me. Shall we go for the religion now?

Turn 80:
Ok, I parked the western warrior on top of the dungeon.

I interrupt the settler, queue 3 warriors and MM for production (2 turns per warrior).

Turn 84:
Moving two warriors to "guard" the barrow, we spot a barbarian encampment.

Ugh, not good. I retreat our northern warrior. (Attacking is at less than 50% odds, I assume defending is just as bad).

Turn 85:
Connect our two cities, and start a farm on the mana.

Warriors defeat the skeleton handily. I'm going to pick up shock promotion next for the experienced warrior to counter the barbs from the city.

Turn 86-90:
Capitol resumes building a settler.
Runes of Kilmorph founded. Well, that's early for a religion.
Acheron is spawned somewhere in the world.

Turn 91:
Well, well, the Luchirup expand to cover the dungeon, so it's their business now. Move warrior back to a city.

Turn 92:
Code of Laws is in. pick Philosophy next because I'm assuming that we are beelining Orders now.

Our guys are cowards and they flee from the hill giant.

Turn 93:
Giant leaves. Re-parking the barrow.

Ok, noticed we need Animal Husbandry in the near future. But considering that other religion was founded early, I persist with Philosophy.

IBT: Our northern warrior defends on a forested hill and beats the bear handily.

Turn 94:
We notice an interesting feature up here.

Turn 96:
Settler is in and start another worker (done in 4 turns) at capital.
I stop here.
We can settle one of two recommended sites from previous maps.

I didn't revolt to Aristocracy yet as we are still building a Settler and Worker and enjoying the extra food from the farms; plus most of our commerce is from the wines and incense.

Summary of very notable things that happened:
Code of Laws is in, we can revolt to Aristocracy... but why? I'd stay on Bureaucracy.
Acheron spawned.
Runes of Kilmorph founded.
Settler built.

Save below:

Attachments

• DMI XIV AD-0096.CivBeyondSwordSave
    121 KB · Views: 43
Got the save.

For the next city I prefer yellow dot as the gold at red dot we might have a hard time defending.

I will start another settler for whichever city we don't build first, and continue on the road to Orders from Heaven. (How much do we really need to beline it though, picking up AH would be nice, especially if we build red dot first).

Going to sleep now, will read comments on which city and play in the morning.

Yellow first, easily. (I would settle blue circle, as i am a no tile waster.)
If you settle red dot, settle it 1N, There is a fish there.

The blue circle near the yellow dot does miss the spice and has overlap with the capital and City 2 though.

you could settle yellow dot, and still settle on the coast, too, to the east.

and, uh, those interesting features you spotted ~ what's so interesting about them?

Level 15... we're on our way! North warrior is already level 7 I think. :lol:
Just make sure he doesn't get ambushed by a griffin or 2 lizardmen.

By the way, the resource near Yellow Dot is not spices, it is Reagents. They are a strategic resource used to make Archmages. They do not give an happiness (Unless your Veil, which we won&#8217;t be), but can give 1 health with an herbalist.
Settler and two warriors send to found city on the Yellow Dot.
The warriors covering the barrow to the east retreat once again from the hill giant.
Turn 97
Turn 98
Turn 99
Vallus finishes its monument, starts on a warrior to sit on the northern goblin fort.
Trinity is founded, and it&#8217;s right on the doorstep of Charadon. We need to make sure to have good defenses here.
Spoiler :

Turn 100
Worker finished in Torrolerial, start on a pagan temple since we are at the happy cap and can run a priest to get our order shrine.
Turn 101
We are of reasonable size on the Largest Civs list.
Spoiler :

Turn 102
Turn 103
The Luchuirp ask to trade world maps (So they have Cartography). I accept. I also open borders while we are at it.
They are on a small peninsula behind us. We currently already have them blocked off if we want to do that, just watch for a settler party and close borders as needed.
The AI is STILL putting forts on top of resources I see.
Spoiler :

Turn 104
Turn 105
Torrolerial finishes the pagan temple and I realize it will be 60 turns until we get order so I run a scientist for a GS first. It starts on a few more warriors at one turn each.
Turn 106
Turn 107
Philosophy in, started on Way of the Wise (13).
Turn 108
Turn 109
After the warriors start on a settler in Torr.
Turn 110
Vallus is now also at the happy cap, starting a pagan temple.
Turn 111
Turn 111
Turn 112
Oh wow, we pop gold on a grassland hill outside of Torr.
Spoiler :

Turn 113
OO is founded in a distant land.
Turn 114
Turn 115
We meet Valledia the Even of the Amurites
Turn 116
Way of the Wise in, started on Orders from Heaven (31)
Turn 117
I see this and decide to play an extra turn and see how this plays out.
Spoiler :

Turn 118
We have 4 warriors, and Chadron has enough to take the city as well, so I go for it. We take the city for the loss of one 1 xp warrior. I don't actually capture the city, left one barb warrior at 10% strength, since I'm not sure we want it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 484
  • DMI XIV AD-0118.CivBeyondSwordSave
    134.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 480
  • Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 518
  • Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 499
  • Imhotep
  • pholkherina << ON DECK for 20
  • Ozbenno << UP NOW for 20
  • Xenoborg << JUST PLAYED
  • Meatbuster
  • ssmage
  • Monkeyfinger

I'd say we just raze the barb city - we don't want the Doviello to get it either, but it's on a far out spot that doesn't fit our empire really well just now and only binds defense.

Top Bottom